• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Hutchinson Effect

What happened to calling out people for "character assassination"?

Video tape it a week later? That doesn't even make sense in the context of your original statement or my argument that casual past events can't be proven. You were so quick to call me names that you missed the point entirely.

Nothing I said was self indulgent, nor self righteous, I haven't spoken of myself at all in fact. I'm curious how you can be self righteous and a "yes man" simultaneously however. lol...

Yes it does. If you meet someone in person as they are dating a relative or whatever, then collect proof as you demand it elsewhere. It makes sense if you think logically.

I am speaking more to David with you as a supporting cast member is all. Sorry if quoting you confused you.

Just a note to also apologize in this thread. I need to not go on the Internet when running a high fever. I really sounded like a total douchebag that last session. Sorry about that.

What I was so inadequately trying to say was that it's peculiar we question sanity yet speak highly of some of the great minds within human history who also showed signs of what we call mental illness. That's all.

its so familiar this slice of life.. same old same old... the postulations, denigrations, accusations, the cattiness, the strident position taking, the support, assumptions, the little quirky personal thread tag lines, there must be a way of distilling all this down into an equation. Is this forum now a cliché. I mean people from back then, its 5 years ago in t'internet years thats a while, what must they think of the shit we write now? History repeating, same meat different gravy. If you were posting back then or at the start and were around now, I guess you would just leave or lurk and keep out of it, turn your nose up with the hope something interesting might turn up that hasn't been said time and time again.

check out the biednism from way back;

That's really funny, I used to date Hutchison's younger sister - she would always talk about how her brother was obsessed with tea and dog ears, apparently he felt that soaking a dog ear in his tea gave it "more density", and he was allergic to dog hair, which made it really tough on his immune system. Every time I see his face, I think of the time that, at a dinner at the family house, he dragged in the better part of a moose carcass, and claimed to have found the answer to world hunger. He had been shoving his entire face in the moose entrails, he was dripping blood, Mrs. Hutchison was shocked, but his father was too busy sucking the dirt from under his fingernails to even notice the bizarre scene playing out in front of him. That's OK, the parents were decent people, although they thought that Ronald Reagan was a frikkin saint, and hell, they're not even American.

The guy is patently insane, he's worn the same socks for something like 30 years, no shit, he's never taken them off. Something about remaining grounded... sheesh. Thanks for the memories.

dB

I can hear him saying this. heh.

wow, look at this fella go!;
Easy, moron, video tape it a week later as it's a regular occurrence. F*ck, you are all self indulgent, self righteous yes men, it seems....

its so familiar this slice of life.. same old same old... the postulations, denigrations, accusations, the cattiness, the strident position taking, the support, assumptions, the little quirky personal thread tag lines, there must be a way of distilling all this down into an equation. Is this forum now a cliché. I mean people from back then, its 5 years ago in t'internet years thats a while, what must they think of the shit we write now? History repeating, same meat different gravy. If you were posting back then or at the start and were around now, I guess you would just leave or lurk and keep out of it, turn your nose up with the hope something interesting might turn up that hasn't been said time and time again.

check out the biednism from way back;

I can hear him saying this. heh.

wow, look at this fella go!;

While I freely admitted way back then in my next post that it wasn't my finest hour, I find it cute how you call me out for doing exactly what you are doing now. Heh. Shall you admit the same?

...wasn't what I was aiming for .. But here goes.

NSEW

ANorthernsoul. I respectfully acknowledge your presence here today and thank you for your being amongst us.

I by no means was invoking your presence directly. I thank you for your past posts and follow up ones.

I was merely pointing out the recurring thematic tones and resonances in forum discussions from the past to the present. I was wondering if it was a reason why people join and then give up posting? I see the similarity with paranormal and UFO investigators who become disillusioned after seeing the same cyclic conversations, charlatans and frustrations . I understand if you do not wish to be amongst us. Thank you again for being here today and I meant no disrespect.

Great post noname. Yes, it is a groundhog day experience. New folks discover someone like Hutchison or Hoagland and start asking all the usual questions. Somebody sees a Bursich video and laps it up and looks for confirmation or denial. The forum format encourages that ground hog day experience. A FAQ might solve that somewhat, I don't know. I love ufowatchdog for that type of thing.

Maybe back in 2009 there was some room for question about Hutchison in some folks minds. Today, it's hard not to see him as bumbling amateur who disregarded his and his neighbors safety to operate high powered microwave and other equipment in his apartment complex. The "videos" of objects floating and what have you have been replicated and shown to be fakes. So, what's to consider about the guy now? I realize your post had nothing really do to with Hutchison, but it just goes to show how time makes things clearer sometimes.

Shoot... and I thought that the purpose of this thread was for assassinating the characters of john hutchinson...and maybe albert budden.

Pls. pm me when and if the thread goes on that direction.

Like this?

or this? Notice the wire in the left hand upper corner moving with the saucer.

He talks about this footage at about 22:30.

Listening to the interview gives you a pretty good idea of the level of his "technical expertise. I'm convinced he is a "performance artist" as the fellow suggested earlier in this thread.

Great post noname. Yes, it is a groundhog day experience. New folks discover someone like Hutchison or Hoagland and start asking all the usual questions. Somebody sees a Bursich video and laps it up and looks for confirmation or denial. The forum format encourages that ground hog day experience. A FAQ might solve that somewhat, I don't know. I love ufowatchdog for that type of thing.
FAQ stickies are a great idea oh Learned Peruser.

Is it me or are the threads imploding then exploding into each other? sometimes I feel like posting the same thing like 5 times - in 5 different threads at the same time.

The repetition and cyclic nature of the threads and conversations enmasse, each individual; the eating of oneself , the cloning of each other, the replication of living cells, the dead cells falling away. New limbs sprouting new synaptic routes formed. Memory cells replace, grow back into phantom limbs. One arm remains the same, one leg has an active twitch a reflex kick. What would the paracast forum look like as an individual? (He wonders to himself like Herbert West)

Last edited:
...wasn't what I was aiming for .. But here goes.

NSEW

ANorthernsoul. I respectfully acknowledge your presence here today and thank you for your being amongst us.

I by no means was invoking your presence directly. I thank you for your past posts and follow up ones.

I was merely pointing out the recurring thematic tones and resonances in forum discussions from the past to the present. I was wondering if it was a reason why people join and then give up posting? I see the similarity with paranormal and UFO investigators who become disillusioned after seeing the same cyclic conversations, charlatans and frustrations . I understand if you do not wish to be amongst us. Thank you again for being here today and I meant no disrespect.

Aw, I see. Sorry that I misunderstood. It isn't so much that I do not want to be here. I am a total lurker these days. It isn't even so much a paranormal thing, moreso an online discussion thing.

From a paranormal perspective, sometimes it is simply I don't really have much of value to say that hasn't been said before.

Also, from a more general standpoint, people seem to be very much invested in their (or somebody else's) theories or belief set that the discourse often doesn't seem to be of much value. I'm not really into pissing matches and far too often that seems to be what a lot of online discussion seems to devolve into nowadays. Now, I don't want that to come off as harsh as it may sound. While what I mentioned seems to be the majority, obviously there are many out there, such as yourself it seems, who do not fit into that category.

Maybe back in 2009 there was some room for question about Hutchison in some folks minds. Today, it's hard not to see him as bumbling amateur who disregarded his and his neighbors safety to operate high powered microwave and other equipment in his apartment complex. The "videos" of objects floating and what have you have been replicated and shown to be fakes. So, what's to consider about the guy now? I realize your post had nothing really do to with Hutchison, but it just goes to show how time makes things clearer sometimes.

Yes, the groundhog thing is very much a part of paranormal discussion as well as a likely contributing factor to much of the frustrations that tend to show up within online forums. I remember when I first really heard a lot of Bill Cooper's stuff and came on here and ask about him. You could hear the exasperation in Decker's typed out messages as he dug up all his previously released material exposing Cooper. I can see how it can get frustrating.

Even worse, often the person who recently discovered a topic others had encountered ages ago can tend to get a little defensive about it. I think they may take it as an attack against them sometimes if they don't agree with the assessments/material on the topic or individual that they may be shown. Of course, sometimes the people who were already familiar with the material don't exactly address the matter or present the material in the most friendly manner which exasperates the situation further as well.

Some days I wonder if I am still interested in paranormal topics like I used to be or if it is the social dynamic that keeps me interested in the community... much like how I never really watch pro wrestling anymore but still keep abreast on all of the backstage news. Ha ha ha!

Aw, I see. Sorry that I misunderstood. It isn't so much that I do not want to be here. I am a total lurker these days. It isn't even so much a paranormal thing, moreso an online discussion thing.

From a paranormal perspective, sometimes it is simply I don't really have much of value to say that hasn't been said before.

Also, from a more general standpoint, people seem to be very much invested in their (or somebody else's) theories or belief set that the discourse often doesn't seem to be of much value. I'm not really into pissing matches and far too often that seems to be what a lot of online discussion seems to devolve into nowadays. Now, I don't want that to come off as harsh as it may sound. While what I mentioned seems to be the majority, obviously there are many out there, such as yourself it seems, who do not fit into that category.

Yes, the groundhog thing is very much a part of paranormal discussion as well as a likely contributing factor to much of the frustrations that tend to show up within online forums. I remember when I first really heard a lot of Bill Cooper's stuff and came on here and ask about him. You could hear the exasperation in Decker's typed out messages as he dug up all his previously released material exposing Cooper. I can see how it can get frustrating.

Even worse, often the person who recently discovered a topic others had encountered ages ago can tend to get a little defensive about it. I think they may take it as an attack against them sometimes if they don't agree with the assessments/material on the topic or individual that they may be shown. Of course, sometimes the people who were already familiar with the material don't exactly address the matter or present the material in the most friendly manner which exasperates the situation further as well.

Some days I wonder if I am still interested in paranormal topics like I used to be or if it is the social dynamic that keeps me interested in the community... much like how I never really watch pro wrestling anymore but still keep abreast on all of the backstage news. Ha ha ha!
This is very good, important stuff man. Your opinions on the matter and your position now hold great significance and value please don't feel its a waste or pointless! Thanks for the feedback and the insights. I understand yours and others exasperations and am beginning to feel this same nagging feeling. I think its important to see whats gone before as it has a direct relationship with now with all its similarities good and bad. Just by joining in 2009 and being around now to talk about this stuff and these things adds a distinct, useful insight. cheers.

Is it me or are the threads imploding then exploding into each other? sometimes I feel like posting the same thing like 5 times.

I realized a while back that I'm constantly repeating myself. I'm a robotic semblance of cybernetic life sustained by the fascination of the hunt for the truly anomalous. The best I can do is to try to add some color to the echo rather than have it be a dull metallic noise.

The repetition and cyclic nature of the threads and conversations enmasse, each individual; the eating of oneself , the cloning of each other, the replication of living cells, the dead cells falling away. New limbs sprouting new synaptic routes formed. Memory cells replace, grow back into phantom limbs. One arm remains the same, one leg has an active twitch a reflex kick. What would the paracast forum look like as an individual? (He wonders to himself like Herbert West)

Sweet Jesus! Your capacity to envision the calamitous exceeds even my own Lovecraften Stoicism! I aspire to stand in your dark shadow. "What would the paracast forum look like an as individual?" (shutters)

That is very true. I'm guilty of being a little abrupt. The Paracast forum is deep water. The historical knowledge here about the paranormal is tremendous. Gene, Chris, Don, and Rich have extensive knowledge and experience in the field. It's unprecedented for a forum, as far as I know. That doesn't count the long list of forum contributors of various levels of renown.

Last edited:
Quite a few prodigies are not too tightly wrapped. But most people not too tightly wrapped are not prodigies.

Interesting info here about Hutchison. I'm having some difficulty squaring it with Nick Cook's assertions regarding the U.S. government's active interest in the purported 'Hutchison effect'. But this would hardly be the first time dots in this strange field did not connect.

Back