• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Hutchinson Effect

kukulcan

Paranormal Novice
Has anyone out there ever heard of a freelance experimenter named John Hutchinson? I call him a freelance experimenter because I am not sure of his crudentials and whether he is a certified scientist or not. Apparently, he has devised a way to levitate objects. It looks like he stumbled upon this anti-gravity phenomenon by accident and even had the government interested at one point. I would love to hear him on the Paracast and have Gene and David scrutinize him. He could be legit, he could be a loony, but either way I think it is interesting. Here are some links to his website and some videos I found of his demonstrations.

hutchisoneffect.ca

Wikimedia Error

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xeUgDJc6AWE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xeUgDJc6AWE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yr66P-XBIzY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yr66P-XBIzY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

John Hutchison ... a real enigma if ever there was one. I like the way you called him a "freelance experimenter" since he really doesn't seem to be a particularly scientific guy in the way he doesn't seem to write things down. But he will make a few really terrible grainy films and leave you with the impression that (a) he's either a total con-man or (b) he's just a utter fruitloop.

But then again you find out that he has had some very serious people to visit him and to look at what he does ... or he has all his equipment stolen from him by the government whilst abroad. So maybe there is something to what he does.

I'm just a bit miffed I think since he was supposedly preparing to emulate the Philadelphia Experiment a few years ago now. Nothing transpired from these preparations except for some grainy film of him doing strange things to a small model boat.

So I'm all in favour of him being a guest. Maybe Gene and David could actually get some answers to these nagging doubts I have about him.

What do the other fellow paracasters think??

ps and can a man with that much hair really be trusted??:D

Admittedly I don't know much about Hutchinson the man, but his exploits seem fairly interesting. I initially caught wind of him and his work in a documentary or two, and after follow up research on him I don't remember anything "noisy" in particular. What I do remember mulling over is the fact that he's a Canadian citizen, and that what if he's purporting to be true may not be as easily silenced or taken advantage of by the US Government. If he were a US citizen I'm willing to bet that he'd either be silenced, bought out, or publicly smeared to look like a nutcase at the drop of a hat. I haven't looked him up in a good while though, but those were my initial thoughts after being introduced to him.

I thought this thread was about auto erotic asphyxiation but then I realised we were talking about a different Hutchinson.

John Hutchinson is one of the old Art Bell favourites - a tinkerer who appeared to "hit" upon anti-gravity on a small scale but has been quite for some time.

That's really funny, I used to date Hutchison's younger sister - she would always talk about how her brother was obsessed with tea and dog ears, apparently he felt that soaking a dog ear in his tea gave it "more density", and he was allergic to dog hair, which made it really tough on his immune system. Every time I see his face, I think of the time that, at a dinner at the family house, he dragged in the better part of a moose carcass, and claimed to have found the answer to world hunger. He had been shoving his entire face in the moose entrails, he was dripping blood, Mrs. Hutchison was shocked, but his father was too busy sucking the dirt from under his fingernails to even notice the bizarre scene playing out in front of him. That's OK, the parents were decent people, although they thought that Ronald Reagan was a frikkin saint, and hell, they're not even American.

The guy is patently insane, he's worn the same socks for something like 30 years, no shit, he's never taken them off. Something about remaining grounded... sheesh. Thanks for the memories.

dB

Theres quite a bit about Hutchinson in the Nick Cook book. Its possible hes really onto something. I think Hal Puthoff rates him, but many are skeptical.

Personally, I want to know what Professor Gravity thinks about him and his technology. We have a perfect opportunity hear to know whether Hutchinson is for real... if only Prof. Gravit-ass would pop into this thread.

*fingers crossed*

Ya, I read that Professor gravity thread. Very hilarious! So I suppose we won't be hearing Hutchinson on the Paracast any time soon since I helped conjure up some not so pleasant memories in David B! Sorry about that by the way. Sounds like he is a mad scientist, but so was Howard Hughes after his plane crash.

Ya, I read that Professor gravity thread. Very hilarious! So I suppose we won't be hearing Hutchinson on the Paracast any time soon since I helped conjure up some not so pleasant memories in David B! Sorry about that by the way. Sounds like he is a mad scientist, but so was Howard Hughes after his plane crash.

Check out "The Hunt for Zero Point" by Nick Cook.

If youre interested in Hutchison youll be into the book. Guarantee it.

Thanks for the suggestion! I just bought it on amazon. I would like to find some ways to experiment with some of this stuff. I am in the IL ARNG and work in an electronics shop. When we don't have radios and such to repair we often find ourselves busy designing robotics projects or trying out other crazy ideas. Maybe some Tesla experiments would be something to try out. I hear he was possibly onto anti-grav breakthroughs.

Yeah, I only ever heard stories from other interviewees where he was mentioned. While yeah, I think his thoughts are likely on some other plane of reality, I wouldn't just immediately write off his work if he did find something interesting. What's that old saying? Sometimes a "breakdown is a breakthrough" or something like that...

I saw a short bit on him. If nothing else, he's delightfully quirky.
Others might call him a complete loon.

He was crawling in and around all sorts of equipment in what seemed like a submarine. Completely bizarre. At the time of the show, they said he had produced some genuinely weird phenomena but they were more random than predictable.

He definitely looks like he should be playing guitar for some really HEAVY band. Or maybe he's related to Lurch :)

One really interesting thing he had was some mil surplus rack gear from a Trident missile. I'd love something like that. Imagine a rack-mounted control panel for a Trident missle in your living room. Great conversation piece.

I got permission to put a huge blue tube tester in the living room but the guy wanted way too much money for it.

That's really funny, I used to date Hutchison's younger sister - she would always talk about how her brother was obsessed with tea and dog ears, apparently he felt that soaking a dog ear in his tea gave it "more density", and he was allergic to dog hair, which made it really tough on his immune system. Every time I see his face, I think of the time that, at a dinner at the family house, he dragged in the better part of a moose carcass, and claimed to have found the answer to world hunger. He had been shoving his entire face in the moose entrails, he was dripping blood, Mrs. Hutchison was shocked, but his father was too busy sucking the dirt from under his fingernails to even notice the bizarre scene playing out in front of him. That's OK, the parents were decent people, although they thought that Ronald Reagan was a frikkin saint, and hell, they're not even American.

The guy is patently insane, he's worn the same socks for something like 30 years, no shit, he's never taken them off. Something about remaining grounded... sheesh. Thanks for the memories.

dB

oookaaayyy....
David, this is just freaking weird enough to be true. and it is driving me crazy thinking it may be so, but I dare not accept it as gospel because then I would be admitting gullibility.
oh, this is maddening, I tell you. and you say it with such a straight face.

I've followed Hutchison for a couple of years and remain frustrated most of his purported "work". I just got through watching a show on the History Channel that called him "Dr. John Hutchison". To my knowledge he doesn't hold a doctoral degree. Has anyone heard differently? I was p'od with the History Channel for saying he was a Dr., without backing it up. I searched the Internet quickly and couldn't find any information on his education.

I'd have to agree with David B's assessment that he's certifiably insane, but part of me wants to keep an open mind that he might of stumbled onto something with just plain ole dumb luck. I too would love to see The Paracast interview him.

I laugh when someone's work is instantly written off as BS because they seem insane. Most of the great minds in various fields were thought weird or even worse... It is a sign of a small mind to do so. I am not saying or vouching for his work, I'm just saying...

dB

YES! Finally someone to back me up!

I met John about four years ago in Vancouver. I live a few hours away but I have family there and when I saw John's videos and heard him with Art Bell I got in touch with him and we met up for an afternoon.

I wasn't in his presence for more than two minutes before I realized that the guy wasn't playing with a full deck... or even a half deck for that matter. I ended up spending three or four hours with him but I was trying to escape after no more than an hour.

Hutchison has no knowledge of science, or rudimentary English, what so ever. We got some coffee at McDonalds and the guy was straining to read the menu. I asked him if he forgot his glasses and he then admitted to me that he didn't really go to school after sixth grade. He's functionally illiterate and you can see this yourself if you find something online he's written.

He considers himself an artist, has no idea how his equipment works even at a very basic level and mainly just likes to push buttons and turn knobs.

While I respect expertise where it is applicable, I believe you should provide proof when executing character assassinations, especially when you demand it elsewhere. That being said, whether this weirdo is onto something or not, I find it hilarious that people so quick to quote Einstein forget that he himself wasn't exactly sane...

While I respect expertise where it is applicable, I believe you should provide proof when executing character assassinations, especially when you demand it elsewhere. That being said, whether this weirdo is onto something or not, I find it hilarious that people so quick to quote Einstein forget that he himself wasn't exactly sane...

How exactly could I prove a casual meeting with someone four years ago? Prove to me you had a conversation with your mother a week ago.

I'm not assassinating his character, I'm telling you what happened and if the events that transpired don't reflect positively on his intelligence, that's doesn't change what happened. He's an extremely nice person who wouldn't hurt a fly, but that's irrelevant.

Hutchison conversing with his sock as he does in literally 50 or so other videos just like this.

Check out other such classics as: Hutchisons 100+ part series fantisizing about making babies with paris hilton, Hutchison dressing up like little red riding hood and prancing around and who can forget Hutchison's exploration of makeup application and cross-dressing.

He's a loon. It's not an ad hominem attack on his character, it's a fact.

How exactly could I prove a casual meeting with someone four years ago? Prove to me you had a conversation with your mother a week ago.

Easy, moron, video tape it a week later as it's a regular occurrence. F*ck, you are all self indulgent, self righteous yes men, it seems....

Easy, moron, video tape it a week later as it's a regular occurrence. F*ck, you are all self indulgent, self righteous yes men, it seems....

What happened to calling out people for "character assassination"?

Video tape it a week later? That doesn't even make sense in the context of your original statement or my argument that casual past events can't be proven. You were so quick to call me names that you missed the point entirely.

Nothing I said was self indulgent, nor self righteous, I haven't spoken of myself at all in fact. I'm curious how you can be self righteous and a "yes man" simultaneously however. lol...

YES! Finally someone to back me up!

I met John about four years ago in Vancouver. I live a few hours away but I have family there and when I saw John's videos and heard him with Art Bell I got in touch with him and we met up for an afternoon.

I wasn't in his presence for more than two minutes before I realized that the guy wasn't playing with a full deck... or even a half deck for that matter. I ended up spending three or four hours with him but I was trying to escape after no more than an hour.

Hutchison has no knowledge of science, or rudimentary English, what so ever. We got some coffee at McDonalds and the guy was straining to read the menu. I asked him if he forgot his glasses and he then admitted to me that he didn't really go to school after sixth grade. He's functionally illiterate and you can see this yourself if you find something online he's written.

He considers himself an artist, has no idea how his equipment works even at a very basic level and mainly just likes to push buttons and turn knobs.
LOL! Pretty funny that two minutes into it you knew you had made a big mistake. :D That seriously sounds like a nightmare.

Back