• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The direction of the show recently

Unless you accept the FACT that the nephilim are driving flying saucers for Satan and that the mere mention of Jesus will make them scatter in a flutter, you are a heathen unworthy of conversion. Praise God. It's not enough to say, 'Yeah, I think there is a spiritual dimension to this issue.' It;s either Jesus' way or the highway, period.

Highway... to HELL? (Cue AC/DC)

It amazes me that people who listen for free would even suggest it change direction.

Well, Gene and David do want comments from their listeners. I guess some people just can't tell the difference between comments and "notes".

Schuyler is who I want to be when I grow up. :redface:

Yes, we do indeed solicit user feedback and comments, and contrary to what some on other forums have been saying about us lately, I'm personally not interested only in voices which are in lockstep with ours. I just like a little logic or reasoning as a side order with an opinion, but I guess that's being a bit demanding. Folks should voice what's on their minds, and I'll respond accordingly, with what's on my mind. I'm a bit reactionary, indeed, it's part of who I am, nothing to be done there. Take the good with the bad, hopefully, the former outweighs the latter.

dB

I really want to read page 4, now, but the link is cracked and won't let me :(

old age and stubbornness make up for a lack of tech-savviness... page 4 was very interesting...

Folks should voice what's on their minds, and I'll respond accordingly, with what's on my mind. I'm a bit reactionary, indeed, it's part of who I am, nothing to be done there. Take the good with the bad, hopefully, the former outweighs the latter.

Sounds reasonable. I understand that it probably doesn't make any difference to you what I think about you, or experience as a result of your explorations, but I've had a hard time coping with some aspects to your being, most of which came to "full boil" during The Great Separation ( :D ), but time has passed and context has become clearer, and the statement of yours that I have quoted gives me a more healed perspective. I do appreciate that.

And I do very much appreciate your overall productivity within these explorations. I myself sometimes lack a super sharp ability to figure out what is and is not bullshit or whatever, so folks like myself rely on folks like yourself to see angles that we do not see, to help us to wade through all of these presented possibilities. While I definitely do not always agree with your thoughts / angles, and sometimes even feel a bit pissed at you for them, overall I feel that I receive a deeply valuable service from your attempts / results. Much appreciated.

I think the shows direction is absolutely great!

Being curious about paranormal subjects i used to listen to every paranormal related podcast i could find, but after so many other shows around are in the same sad trap.
They never check into who their guests are, or question anything their guests might have to say, and so after so much fanciful story-telling by the likes of such luminaries as Steven Greer, Bill Knell, Alfred Webre, Micheal Salla, insert whoever's name you don't like here....
well...

Sure i might go download a single episode from one of the other paranormal podcasts if they should happen to score a little gold content, like a Ted Phillips interview, but the paracast and paratopia are the only ones anymore that i actually listen to every single episode of...

It's not that I'm so sure I believe everything here, but it's because they don't suffer fools lightly, and if Gene and David see a problem with anybody's story, they say so!

i do know i will never learn anything listening to the liar's conventions that many other paranormal related podcasts turn into.

I am getting a little tired of this show as well. The constant bashing of other people I find hilariously paradoxical. David, I find you love to say every episode that you don't claim to have the answers to anything. Then you always go on about how some experts believe they have the hard facts of why it's true. You then bash them after saying these two things, saying how they "don't have the answers".

This is paradoxical to me because while you claim to not have the answers, you are constantly coming down on people claiming they don't have the answers. How can you claim to not know, yet attack others saying they are the ones who don't know. If someone is fanatical about an idea, and someone else is fanatical about how that idea is wrong, what separates the two? You see why I think this is a paradox? I've noticed a few episodes you make fun of the actual person, and nothing to do with what they say. George Noory mustache bashing doesn't add much to your case against him, does it?

I find it funny that as humans, we all think we have no ego, and everyone else is the problem. Instead of looking inside we find comfort in attacking others. It feels like this show has started to push down other podcasts/authors/whatever in attempts to raise itself. Why not have awesome interviews and raise the cred of the show without resorting to put others down. You can call the bashing "intelligent debate" if that's what you want to continue to see it as, but I sure don't.

I used to love listening to the paracast, for the awesome interviews where the person had a chance to speak. These days I can't listen to it anymore for too long when the entire tone of the show is whining about other shows. Before most forum goers get on my back with "they can do what they want it's their show", I understand and just wanted to share a listeners opinion.

I am getting a little tired of this show as well.

George Noory mustache bashing doesn't add much to your case against him, does it?

A). You're getting tired of the show? I'll help you out - STOP LISTENING TO IT.

B). Gene is the one who makes Noory mustache jokes, and I don't think he's been mentioned more than a couple of times in the last couple of years.

Take care, we'll miss you.

dB

I really like the show at its current state, I think David and Gene really improved in their interviewing technique, just listen to one of the first shows and compare it to a current one.
Also, I don't see any 'unfairness' implied in some comments here at all, if you put yourself out there with a story or a case/project and do an actual interview, you better check it for any inconsistencies, or at least I would.
Seems its still just entertainment to most.

A). You're getting tired of the show? I'll help you out - STOP LISTENING TO IT.

B). Gene is the one who makes Noory mustache jokes, and I don't think he's been mentioned more than a couple of times in the last couple of years.

Take care, we'll miss you.

dB

Thanks for the wondrous and always intelligent insight David. I know it's hard for you to see yourself in anything I've said, but you should really take a step back and read it again.

All I'm suggesting is to really look at why you feel it's necessary to come down on others, you know? Is it "we hate you George Noory and all other paranormal podcasts because your spreading outrageous theories!"? Or is it simply a case of subconscious envy? If you don't trust your listeners enough to let them decide what they believe on their own, then all your doing is shoving your opinion down their throats and casting away other ideas because they don't fit your box of what works and what doesn't.

You always accuse others on your show for shoving stuff in their little reality box, but you do the same thing week after week! Crack open that unconscious mind and really see why you need to cut other shows and people up.

Thanks for the wondrous and always intelligent insight David. I know it's hard for you to see yourself in anything I've said, but you should really take a step back and read it again.

All I'm suggesting is to really look at why you feel it's necessary to come down on others, you know? Is it "we hate you George Noory and all other paranormal podcasts because your spreading outrageous theories!"? Or is it simply a case of subconscious envy? If you don't trust your listeners enough to let them decide what they believe on their own, then all your doing is shoving your opinion down their throats and casting away other ideas because they don't fit your box of what works and what doesn't.

You always accuse others on your show for shoving stuff in their little reality box, but you do the same thing week after week! Crack open that unconscious mind and really see why you need to cut other shows and people up.

Let me get this straight, ssssssssssh1fffffftttyyyy, you show up here in Jun 09 and start bashing the show and telling David and Gene how they should run it based on YOUR perception. If you have really been a listener for years, you most likely would have been on the forums for longer than a couple weeks before making such statements.

So, I surmise (educated guess here) that you are either:

1. A recently banned forum member who came back under another name/ip because you have a bitchy attitude and have to spew,

or

2. You are a relatively new listener who was either on a recent show or is a devotee of someone that was on a recent show and you do not like the way they were treated, so you are here to raise a stink.

Regardless of whether I am right or not, don't let the router hit you in the ass on the way out, pal. Ciao.

Let me get this straight, ssssssssssh1fffffftttyyyy, you show up here in Jun 09 and start bashing the show and telling David and Gene how they should run it based on YOUR perception. If you have really been a listener for years, you most likely would have been on the forums for longer than a couple weeks before making such statements.

So, I surmise (educated guess here) that you are either:

1. A recently banned forum member who came back under another name/ip because you have a bitchy attitude and have to spew,

or

2. You are a relatively new listener who was either on a recent show or is a devotee of someone that was on a recent show and you do not like the way they were treated, so you are here to raise a stink.

Regardless of whether I am right or not, don't let the router hit you in the ass on the way out, pal. Ciao.

I'm not saying they should run their show in any such way. I'm asking them why they feel necessary to bash others every episode. David only acknowledging a piece of my post and not the actual question is almost an answer in itself.

What boggles my mind is you have to come up with theories of why I'd post this! Is the question I'm asking that ridiculous? I'm sorry but I'm not a banned forum member, a person on the show, a devotee to someone on the show or any of that. I'm simply a listener voicing my opinion.

If the answer is going to be "STOP LISTENING DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU BYE!" every time someone poses a problem they have with the show - why have this forum?

If the answer is going to be "STOP LISTENING DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU BYE!" every time someone poses a problem they have with the show - why have this forum?

Look, I took your comment

I am getting a little tired of this show...

To mean that you are done with the show -- you even said you can't listen to it anymore. So what are we supposed to think? Do you not mean what you say?

And, again, you show up in the forums, a new member, saying how you are tired of the show. So that is the impetus you had to join the forums? To say that you can't stand the show anymore?

You have to admit, it just seems wierd.

Seems to me if I were tired of something I would simply walk away -- not take the time to sign up, get an account, and then post that I am walking away. What's the point?

Maybe I came down a little abrupt, but it still just seems fishy.

For those of us who appreciate the way the show is structured and appreciate what our hosts are attempting to accomplish, especially compared to most shows in this genre which offer little to no scrutiny of credulous claims. Unfortunately there is a lot of charlatanism associated with the subject. The motto of this choice is 'to separate signal from noise.'

Ms. Talbot, with respect to her friendship with Robbert, is providing noise. She seems a credulous person who has become enamored with a person who is widely regarded in his own country as a fraud. (Thank you to the Dutch members who have been able to help us out here with translations and pointed out some of the other contradictions.)

But when Ms. Talbot, who admittedly has no technical knowledge and has said so, proceeds to argue with David on his interpetration of 'orbs' as dust particles, I don't blame David a bit for suggesting she is insane (though he didn't actually say that.) That's like someone who does not know Arabic arguing about a translation with someone who is fluent in the language. On what basis can you make such a claim. The last half of the show was a train wreck, provided entirely courtesy of Ms. Talbot.

What is suspicious here is people such as yourself who suddenly appear, have never participated before, and immediately take on the hosts of the show with your criticisms. This smacks of prior involvement with the guest. It seems like you have been sent at the behest of someone else. Given that you are not the only one who 'suddenly appeared' my guess is that you are here as the result of a 'rally' somewhere else where it was brought to your attention that the Paracast was attacking your favorite cult, so you are here as a vanguard of sorts to protect the honor and all that. We saw a lot of that during the last US election where one forum would rally around their guy and say, 'Go over to so-and-so's blog and defend against this slander!' Given the timing, it's likely.

Of course, I can't prove that because you are not using your real name and are hiding behind anonymity. You've also not established your own credibility. You've never contributed here and you seem to be a single-issue poster. You're not here to contribute. You're not here to learn, nor to provide information to others. That's suspicious.

So back to your question of why have this forum. It is so those of us who appreciate the approach can discuss the issues. Compared to a lot of shows, this is a breath of fresh air. If you're not comfortable here, too bad. You're entitled to find a place where you are comfortable, but the rest of us are not required to provide it.

Please remind me to read Alice in Wonderland yet. Isn't Tim Burton doing a version of that story soon? In any case, this entire situation -- and the one involving the other Nancy "Birnes," is sufficient to make me want to go out and get drunk.

And I NEVER get drunk! I don't even drink anything more potent than Diet Code. Sigh.

Ahh, a paranormal moment. I just sat down, popped open a can of Diet Coke, picked up the laptop, and read your message. Coincidence? I think not!!!
There is, of course, that bottle of "Full Throttle" (Low Carb version) that I down every so often, but these days it's back to coffee for my caffeine intake. Creme Brule, they all it at the local convenience store.

direction?... Straight through the crap! that's what I like so much about the show, if you ask me "the tolerant Dutchie" it can get allot harder. Why should we putt up with all the crap out there and play nice when those hoaxers, liars, criminals are supposed to get respect? Ask them a tough question and they give you a disrespectful rant... Just look at what Nancy did... I thought we did her a service, and even gave her a chance to look at the problems SHE brought to the table.

Gene and David do what you do best and ask questions... ANY

Back