• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The December 20th Show.

I had no problem with what Bob was saying. Just the way he was saying it.

Sorry (Gareth :)) i'm not trying to be a party pooper again, these are just my observations. I wish to god there really was something on the moon, think how much more exciting life would be :shy:

Well what you're saying is nothing new. I agree with a lot of it. There are problems with the whole thing, but I just think that when all is said and done, what we are left with is some interesting images/anecdotes etc that for me is enough to pique my interest.

I thought the stuff on Santilli was interesting because he was part of that issue. On the Moon stuff, I just think he's out of his depth. He did not come across as a person who was knowledgeable about the issues. He certainly didn't 'blow anybody's mind' because he repeated (wrongly) Aldrin's statement, which anyone who follows this would have heard about. We aren't a bunch of neophytes in this and that's where he came across as condescending. I do think his loudness may have been partly a connection issue.

Ugggh... I'm about 3/4s of the way through this episode and I'm not sure I'm gonna make it to the end. Holy hell, can this guy run his mouth. I particularily like how he'll occaisionally say "Don, why don't you tell them?" and then Don gets in about five words before Bob cuts him off and starts running his mouth again. That's real friggin' classy.

Then again, I suppose I shouldn't expect much from a guy who's so very proud of his contributions in the world of tabloid journalism. Maybe it's a smidge hyperbolic of me to say so but to my mind that's like saying you're proud you invented crack.

"Provincial"? That coming from a purveyor of tabloid infotainment? Fuck off.

I swear I don't know how Biedny keeps his cool...

He says he didn't crash and burn with the 'alien autopsy' fraud because of his investigative posture...

His 'undisputable proof' stance with soon-to-be-disclosed moon imagery better be good. This time his self propped-up credibility is on the line big time.

Show me the money :D

Made it. Wow, that was rough. I'm so glad you kept hammering away at that "provincial" crack, David. I also barked with laughter when you said "... and I'm no visual imaging expert...". Clearly Bob had no idea who he was talking to or what show he was on.

Another bit that ground my gears was when you were discussing the recent Russian missile episode and Bob was literally laughing at the thought that a scientist might actually have something to say about it. You're so right Bob, what would someone who's dedicated their life to the study of aerospace technology or astronomy or any of the other space related disciplines possibly know that you, a tabloid journalist could not?

The more I think about it, the more ironic that "provincial" remark becomes...

at the same time, he came across as overly excited about the material combined with obviously never having heard the show.

I don't disagree; the material was intriguing and he was certainly enthusiastic. But after like the second time he told dB that he "needed to do his homework" I was ready to punch him myself.

--Shawn

Kiviat must have been tightly wound up and ready for a scrap with David. The last time I heard someone come out of the gates with that much nervous determination I was listening to a certain fuckwit who carries a Surefire flashlight in his pocket so he can vector in extraterrestrial spacecraft whilst shopping for bodybuilding supplements.

Provincial? Huh? I believe the word Kaviat was aiming to use is "elitist". Ironically, "provincial" actually describes an opposite insult to what Kiviat was trying to convey. "Provincial" - in actuality - describes "having or showing the manners, viewpoints, etc., considered characteristic of unsophisticated inhabitants of a province".

Backfire. Kiviat aims to insult, but instead displays his own pseudo-intellectuality.

Then he fires back with a pretentious comment: "...in the biggest market in the world, known as New York..." And that's not an elitist comment? :D

At any rate, if believing that the "newsman" professionalism of the reporters at The New York Times is that much better, that much more credible, that much more reliable - on average - than the "newsman" professionalism of the reporters at News of the World (a Murdoch-owned tabloid, btw), then go ahead, call me provincial, call me an elitist, call me a giant buffoon, call me whatever the fuck you want, because I certainly believe it.

And the public has always needed to be a very good consumer at the content of any media outlet. That has always been the case, and has not changed in the recent past. Nothing has changed in regard to journalism just because the New York Post was taken over by Murdoch. Give me a friggin' break. Murdoch is a business man first, newsman second.

Look, read the news. Look at what Murdoch recently stated about his goals for the future of his business. I'm sure most of you have read this, but bear with me:

Murdoch: Media must get readers to pay for online

By JOELLE TESSLER (AP) – Dec 1, 2009

The Associated Press: Murdoch: Media must get readers to pay for online

So you tell me, is this indicative of a guy thinks first of money, or the news? A Newsman. Right. And the news is he wants to make money. What a dinosaur. Ironically this will fuck up his business, because apparently he doesn't understand the "Internets".

On the subject of the Apollo 11 astronauts who said they saw a craft on the crater's edge, that shit came up from a bootleg "tape" - clearly not a reliable source, unless you're stoned on the crack. I'll need a bit more than that to take it seriously. I'm not saying Kiviat is on "the crack", but he does seem to believe this. He said, she said, they said to their friend's wife's son. Yeah. lol. Nice.

One thing I liked about this interview: I now believe that the Face on Mars is REAL. Phineas and Ferb said so.

I can understand why Kiviat worked for Geraldo Rivera. All that's missing is the mustach, and the two of them could be brothers. He's already got the fake tan. 8)

Now that I'm finished with my nasty bitching, I've always liked some of the conspiracy theories around the moon photos and even the UFO on the crater. I don't believe any of it, but I like the theories.

David, thanks for showing patience. You rock.

A true shame - I was looking forward to this show, which had a lot of potential.

Getting good guests on has to be tough. In my view the best guests have been the front line participants -- field investigators (e.g., Ted Philips, Phil Imbrogno, Don Ecker), original theorists (e.g., Jacques Vallee, Mac Tonnies), and actual credible eyewitness (e.g., Vito Scaleri on DMR).

Time to look forward to Budd Hopkins (and to finish watching the Giants beat up on the Redskins) . . . .

I was looking forward to this as well. Not sure why Don is involved with this huck$ter. It's clear that he is trying to pull an Alien Autopsy II with this moon non$en$e. He's a fast talkin' L.A. d-bag—all about the dollar.

Oh and show us the god damn photos, afterall, we paid for them!

I don't disagree; the material was intriguing and he was certainly enthusiastic. But after like the second time he told dB that he "needed to do his homework" I was ready to punch him myself.

--Shawn

I actually agree with you, but I actually found that somewhat humorous.... though, I have a real love of dark humour. :p

Does anyone know where I can buy a copy of Allan Sturm's ULOs: Unidentified Lunar Objects Revealed In NASA Photography? The ebook is no longer available for some reason and I'm having trouble finding the actual book if there even is one.
<!-- / message -->
<!-- controls -->
progress.gif

Back