• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The December 20th Show.

BTW did anyone notice that in the lunar photograph with the tread image there is a small white square at the base of the tread? Is the square inserted to cover what was there or is it a part of the image? Perhaps the provincial one who is ignorant of image analysis might weigh in here. :D

Agreed...Not really sure what was going on with Kiviat...he was selling/pitching his show, but not giving any salient points or even concise discussion on this episode.

More discussion, less pitching would be my criticism. Still, I hope Kiviat takes a valium or 10 before his next appearance (if that ever happens.)

I think Kiviat had his back against the wall because he knew David would question him so he just ranted. He knew If David got to question him properly there was a high probability of him being caught out.

Rabbit caught in the headlights

I think Kiviat had his back against the wall because he knew David would question him so he just ranted. He knew If David got to question him properly there was a high probability of him being caught out.

Rabbit caught in the headlights

I can see how you would think that, based upon past episodes and the "Alien Autopsy" show. However, I'm not sure of that. I think there's some good evidence of compelling artifacts on the moon. I sensed that David was more interested in the subject of the photographs than in the stories surrounding them, or the personalities involved. Then Kiviat lashed out at him and David basically just shut-down for a bit. Everything Kiviat said sounded like an "I love myself, ain't it great what I've done?" show pitch.

I can see how you would think that, based upon past episodes and the "Alien Autopsy" show. However, I'm not sure of that. I think there's some good evidence of compelling artifacts on the moon. I sensed that David was more interested in the subject of the photographs than in the stories surrounding them, or the personalities involved. Then Kiviat lashed out at him and David basically just shut-down for a bit. Everything Kiviat said sounded like an "I love myself, ain't it great what I've done?" show pitch.

Oh yes most definately, some of the evdience regarding the moon etc was indeed very compelling. I cant argue with that one :D

Well, regardless of the reason for his delivery, it was total self-aggrandizing prattle. I am beginning to see that this Gatling gun style of drivel is a common element among the list of colostomy bags that stink up the paranormal field. I put this Kiviat guy in the same category as Bill Knell and Bruce Goldberg -- if for nothing else than his most annoying delivery.

Just my initial gut reaction. This may be a misread by me -- I'm just venting after being annoyed for a few hours.

Those of you who made it all the way through have stronger stomachs. I had to jump ship at Kiviat's willful ignorance of the Russian missile test (those of us who live near Vandenberg AFB see stuff like that often).

And Armstrong has always been the way that he is. A very introverted and dedicated flyer.

I just listened to this show. Bob Kiviat. Ugh. Oh, and why? Why have a guy like this on the show?

David, you apologized for a meltdown about this guy in the prologue for the following episode. I didn't hear any meltdown. At least, it was pretty mellow by my book. And, no, you don't sound provincial in the least.

Bob Kiviat has got nothing interesting to say because he's tainted, he's a self-promoter, and I wouldn't watch a show he had any involvement in. From my perspective, it would be a complete waste of time.

I know you guys are doing the Paracast as a labor of commitment, if not love. Hate to see episodes wasted on guys like Kiviat.:frown:

Heres the tracks on the moon photo if anyone hasnt seen it.

lo5_h168_2_boulder.gif

And while searching for the above I came across this from September. Apparently this is a new boulder/track photo from this year...

Rolling-boulders.jpg

LRO Sees Bouncing, Rolling Boulders on the Moon | Universe Today

David can you link to that "gears" looking photo that you mentioned? Im not sure Ive seen that one. Or are you talking about that image from the Allan Sturm book?

These photos reminds me of the tracks laid down by stones is a paricular desert in California. Did anyone say what the mechanism for the boulder tracks on the moon was?

Thanks to Gareth and others for the images. I have seen these before and they are very, VERY intriguing to me.

However, just to keep a clear head, I have to think practically about it first, before saying they are anomalous.

In the first place, the moon IS seismically active. As a matter of fact, it is damned active, with frequent quakes.

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2006/15mar_moonquakes.htm

I think the following citation from the above linked article is paramount to this subject:
Furthermore, shallow moonquakes lasted a remarkably long time. Once they got going, all continued more than 10 minutes. "The moon was ringing like a bell," Neal says.

Shaking for 10 minutes is a LOT of energy. Plenty of energy to dislodge a boulder on a hill and send it tumbling.

Now, I am not saying that is the reason for these marks. They are very peculiar. But, I think that is something we have to keep in mind, that the moon is not some dead rock with no activity with all. It shakes a good bit.

Hmm, I've read about half of the comments. Wow, that Kiviat character was really annoying. First of all he sounded like he was jacked up on cocaine and he was pretty rude too. But I think what bothered me most was his weird reasoning. I got the impression that in his mind the public's fascination with something trumps any questions regarding its reality. "Who cares if it's bullshit? We've got an audience to please!" Sure, he would occasionally say that wasn't what he meant but if he didn't then why the long speeches that seemed to be saying exactly that? I guess some would say he was genuinely enthusiastic about the subject but I wonder how much of it was salesmanship. The guy seemed like a total flake to me and he failed at convincing me that there is anything mysterious on the moon. It would have been impossible to argue with him so I'm not going to say that Gene or David were too easy on him or anything like that. I know his type. He would have just screamed over anything they might have tried to say (And he often did.). But had it been me I might have just hung up on him.

Back