• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The December 20th Show.

T

Tommy Allison

You guys should ask Robert Kiviat about Kalvin K. Korff.

Lots and lots of show material with that idea.

Yup. Don't want Don getting hot under the collar now. Mind you Don's view on Korff have I am sure been heard before (Don is best to post or link to one of his former shows rather than me dribble on).

I was attempting to bring some holiday cheer to the forum.
I know what Don, and others think of Korff and have talked to Robert once on the phone myself.

The Korff Phenomena has always made me wonder how it is that he managed to do what he did without any reprisal with impunity.

Then again, some of us go to the zoo to watch monkeys fling poop. We all like to see that sort of thing from time to time.

After listening to the various moon show's posted by Don I'm really looking forward to this show. How feasible would it be to host some high-resolution images of moon anomalies for reference? I found a cheap copy ($1.49!) of "Someone's on the Moon", however, the images are non-starters. In addition, accept for the "rolling objects" in King's Crater I really haven't seen anything that interesting.

Ideally, this subject is ripe for a nice interactive experience with zoomable regions, overlays, notes, etc ...

As I was listening to this I thought "I wonder if anyone bothered to check Chatelain's credentials and involvement with Apollo 11?".
So I looked to see what the critics say. And there's this (it deals with Apollo 11 claims in general but covers this one).
If someone says "I did this" and "I was in charge of that" it does not necessarily follow that this is in fact the case.

As for the autopsy video, actually it was possible to say it was fake as soon as the "alien" images leaked out: while people like to say "Anything's possible", that is in fact bollocks. The chances of independent evolution producing something so human in proportion and appearance are vanishingly small, so yeah, any halfwit could tell it was a dummy (you could argue that it was an alien construct intended to mimic human anatomy for operation in a terrestrial environment, but that what's the simplest explanation?).

On Kiviat's "proof positive" (I'm still listening so I'm reacting as I hear it): as soon as he said "Jpeg" alarm bells went off. As David obviously knows Jpeg is a lossy format. And pixelation in magnified images naturally causes regularity to appear where none in fact exists (if his source really was an expert he'd know that of course but we've been down that road before).

Also, by Kiviat's reasoning the fact that I can see faces in knots of wood (because yes our brains have a face recognition circuit) implies that there are faces in pieces of wood. And Jesus has regularly chosen to appear on potatoes (hence proving that God moves in a mysterious way).

By this stage (now that he's got onto that Russian missile thing) I'm just thinking "STFU Kiviat". The man is a dork (OK, that was arguably getting personal but this guy is extremely irritating).

PS. I know I'm sounding really critical here. The truth is I'd love some of this to be true, but as the saying goes: "It's important to have an open mind, but not so far open that your brains fall out."

Maybe Bob could cut back on the caffeine before the next show. ;)

Good info though. The lunar stuff always gets me excited.

Can u throw us any photos yet Don?

Heres the tracks on the moon photo if anyone hasnt seen it.

lo5_h168_2_boulder.gif

And while searching for the above I came across this from September. Apparently this is a new boulder/track photo from this year...

Rolling-boulders.jpg

LRO Sees Bouncing, Rolling Boulders on the Moon | Universe Today

David can you link to that "gears" looking photo that you mentioned? Im not sure Ive seen that one. Or are you talking about that image from the Allan Sturm book?

Damn. To me, Mr. Kiviat came off as a condescending asshole. Like one of those stereo-typical slimy Hollywood weasels. More Don less Robert. ;) But...yeah...some of those photos of the Moon are interesting.
Looking forward to next weeks show!

I had a real hard time even listening to the guy. Holy crap he was an obnoxious twat...
The subject matter was fascinating ( well, the Moon stuff anyway ) just a shame that we had him as the 'spokesman'.
Hopefully we can get another Moon show , and a better interviewee.
Kudos to David and Gene for not just slamming the phone down on that absolute racket for a voice.
Word to the wise Mr Kiviat . Lay off the fucking Coffee !

I had a real hard time even listening to the guy. Holy crap he was an obnoxious twat...
The subject matter was fascinating ( well, the Moon stuff anyway ) just a shame that we had him as the 'spokesman'.
Hopefully we can get another Moon show , and a better interviewee.
Kudos to David and Gene for not just slamming the phone down on that absolute racket for a voice.
Word to the wise Mr Kiviat . Lay off the fucking Coffee !
You have no idea how close we came. :D

You have no idea how close we came. :D

Oh, I can believe it ! :D

I mean, the first 20 minutes of the show was just that dude and his booming voice. Just terrible.... Christ, I'd have settled for Dickie Hoaxland, Stevie Smeer or Linda Mouldy Cow any day lol.
Bring back Sereda I say. All is forgiven !
:D
Again though..kudos to you two. How you managed to stop your ears from bleeding during that tirade is anyone's guess.

Seriously, I don't know how you guys put up with it.

There are episodes where the person is so obviously full of crap that it's laughable, but rarely are they so harsh in their attitude and tone that I just find it pretty much unlistenable, and Bob sure as hell got there a lot.

I was delighted to see Don's name but disappointed he was mixed in with Angry Hollywood Guy so much ...

--Shawn

Back