• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

the Death of Ath*ism

Free episodes:

It is my understanding that light travels in a straight line., unless affected by a gravity well. As far as the death of atheism is concerned., don't count on it. People believe or not believe as suits them.

Has this forum degenerated into a sky-pilots vs. atheism discussion board?

Most "believers" are atheists toward all of humanities gods save one or another (excluding Hinduism of course). From over 3700 different imaginary friends they pick one, more often than not for no real reason other than they stumbled upon it or one of its representatives first through family or community. Either that or they create their own god piece meal from their imaginations and the imaginations of others and then create their own private religion often masking it with the label "spirituality" and proceed to proselytize the unfortunate heathen who don't share their illusions of cosmic wisdom. How utterly ridiculous and dangerous. I say these things from a vantage point reached through the personal experience of being a "true believer" for over 30 years before I mustered up the intellectual honesty and courage to defy my religious programming and immature beliefs about the world and how it works. It wasn't easy or pleasant. As one who used to cast his net into the sea of humanity hoping to "win souls" you would think I would have some sympathy for those still in the clutches of irrational belief systems but I do not. Wake up already and stop trying to bring others into your fairy-tale world of invisible friends and childish wish fulfillment and be honest at the very least, with yourself. And please ...find yourself another forum like FACTnet or Beliefnet to go play in.

AND this proves god does exist how? GOD! REALLY IN 2010 YOU STILL BELIEVE A BEING DID ALL THIS! FROM A POORLY TRANSLATED MANUSCRIPT AND BUTCHERED RELIGION! hey watch the BBC SHOW by prof Brian cox.."wonders of the solar system" i watch it and think..."and the loonies think god did all this!!!!?" god left the gig long ago dude, he isnt here ,wasnt here...EVER! there is more proof of exo worlds and sashquach or even ufo's than there is of a god! a good normal woman dies at 41 of brain cancer...leaves a husband and small kids. Hitler was 55 when he done himself in! yeah god must like nutters! HE LOVES YOU.

I'm sorry, but why do you spell "atheism" with an asterisk?

It's a honest question. Do you consider the word "atheism" offensive?

Are you implying that I'm responsible for this? Because I can assure you I have better things to with my time.

Oh no CapnG. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I was simply proposing an alternative (and somewhat tongue in cheek) explanation for the sudden appearance of multiple theist posters spamming the forum.

Oh no CapnG. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I was simply proposing an alternative (and somewhat tongue in cheek) explanation for the sudden appearance of multiple theist posters spamming the forum.

I see. Perhaps they're bots of some sort (would theists employ bots? Seems like cheating to me...).

I don't agree with a lot of 'shit', but with religious beliefs I draw the line from my standing point of view.I believe in an ancient pagan god of fertility when it suits me at one point, tomorrow it might be 'Baldr'.I think these Archetypes are there for are a reason, and shouldn't be dismissed as nonsense.The only thing I I really dislike is dogmatism.

Back