• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Clueless One is Annoying

Free episodes:

valiens said:
Okay, so having read that thread I must ask the obvious: What in that is so terrible besides the terror you felt?

(snipped)

Are there protocols and oversight for this?

Jeremy, I don't think that you and I are in disagreement about the change of mindset that a human being needs to progress through. From my point of view you take a somewhat "buddhist" stance on spiritual evolution, which reflects my point of view as well. But because you have a grip on this subject, even if this understanding came about due to your interactions with these beings, this does not necessarily infer that 'fostering your understanding' was the motivation for their interactions with you.

Here is an analogy to illustrate. Through the experience of being a soldier on the battlefield, a man can potentially grow and discover insights into himself that would be nearly impossible to learn in any other way. However, this would not convince most people to conclude that war is a good and beneficial thing for humanity because the negative elements are right out in the open.

With the ufo phenomenon, however, the negative elements are generally concealed. But I must say that in my opinion, through my personal researches, they are certainly there. This phenomenon does not consist of simply "being stared at on a table". One glaring example: Despite the attempts to hush it up, there have been many reports of not just cattle mutilations, but human mutilations. This is almost exclusively in third world countries, where there will not be a significant investigation into the case. But these men are mutilated in exactly the same way as the cattle, and it has been determined that these men were operated upon while still alive.

But you might ask yourself, if they are indeed negative, then why do I feel such a positivity towards them and their motives?

If you understand psychology then you understand that it is sometimes the case that people who are put through terrible situations by other individuals actually grow feelings of love and dependence for the very individuals who tortured them. From a psychological point of view, this is partly because the victim over time forms a subconscious desire to please the tormentors in order to be "rewarded" with respite from their terror.

One well-known example would be Patty Hearst, the daughter of a rich man, who was kidnapped by a militant group planning to ransom her. She was put through some pretty horrific things, if one reads the reports. However, it was discovered that later she actually joined the militant group and was seen on surveillance cameras carrying automatic weapons and assisting them in bank robberies. Why would someone do this in her situation?

I'm not interested in swaying anyone, I just want to try and help in any way that I can. I have no conclusions in your particular case Mr J because I really don't know anything. But if you want my hunch, it is that you have undergone a traumatic experience through which very few people can psychologically profit from (such as war). But the experience is actually genuinely negative from our point of view, such as lions would be genuinely negative from the individual gazelle's point of view.

But this delves into much bigger subjects, such as the reason for our existence here in a world whose very nature is inherently predatorial.

Hi, Brandon:

I don't know about human mutilations. If true, that stuff may turn out to be psy ops, like when soldiers set up corpses to look like vampires were killing/draining villagers in Cambodia. Maybe human mutilations are real but I tend to think not. I'd like to know the politics of the regions in which these things occur before jumping to "visitors."

I understand what you're saying about making good out of a bad situation. I can't really say "I'm not suffering Stockholm Syndrome" without going to a psychologist first, right? But I don't feel like I'm drawing a wrong conclusion to please the abuser. I mean I actually did experience the big God/"I AM" experience and it was connected to these beings. So that's an actual experience I'm drawing on.

I'm not a Buddhist, by the way. I do realize some of the stuff I talk about smacks of Buddhism but I think more than that it smacks of universal truth, which Buddhism (and, I hear, Suffism) taps into more regularly than other religions. (Christians do it at the level of mysticism; anything below that is more corrupted by doctrine. But then any religious "path" is a corruption at any level, really, and so here I go sounding Buddhist again!)

If you'll grant me that there is such a thing as universal truth and you grant me that there are sentient beings in the universe other than humans, then would they not--the ones more ancient than we--have also tapped these truths? Could they go on without acting from the point of view of the universal? Can we?

I read a bit from UG Krishnamurti last night where he says the only thing that will keep humanity going is fear. If we're constantly afraid of, say, mutual annihilation, we'll go on forever. He said this during the Cold War when it looked like that made sense. Do you think it makes sense now? Hasn't the fear turned on its ear so that now we're not afraid of mutual annihilation but just of being annihilated, period?

My perspective is this: We're in the midst of a global rush to suicide because the ego would rather sacrifice the body than itself. We confuse the sense of self with life. Beings come along who refuse to interract directly with us, with our sense of self. In fact, with one quick reading of the mind they can rip right through our thoughts, tear at our memories, and in so doing remind us that we're not real--we are an amalgamation of those memories reacting to the present as if we're alive.

They truly are an enemy to us. See the problem? They're an enemy to us unless we wake up. In the waking we see that they are an enemy to us as we are an enemy to our Self. This isn't religious. I don't even know if it's spiritual so much as it is mechanical.

Maybe it would help to deconstruct spirituality. Pick it apart, see what is universally true and what is the dogmatic crap we can flush. In the meantime, one last analogy for the road:

If you're fire you don't burn. If your true nature is fire but you don't act from it and beings come along who do, they burn you. Now you think they're evil. Fire, bad! But no: Fire is just fire. the "bad" comes from denial.

valiens said:
Hi, Brandon:

If you'll grant me that there is such a thing as universal truth and you grant me that there are sentient beings in the universe other than humans, then would they not--the ones more ancient than we--have also tapped these truths? Could they go on without acting from the point of view of the universal? Can we?

I read a bit from UG Krishnamurti last night where he says the only thing that will keep humanity going is fear. If we're constantly afraid of, say, mutual annihilation, we'll go on forever. He said this during the Cold War when it looked like that made sense. Do you think it makes sense now? Hasn't the fear turned on its ear so that now we're not afraid of mutual annihilation but just of being annihilated, period?

My perspective is this: We're in the midst of a global rush to suicide because the ego would rather sacrifice the body than itself. We confuse the sense of self with life. Beings come along who refuse to interract directly with us, with our sense of self. In fact, with one quick reading of the mind they can rip right through our thoughts, tear at our memories, and in so doing remind us that we're not real--we are an amalgamation of those memories reacting to the present as if we're alive.

They truly are an enemy to us. See the problem? They're an enemy to us unless we wake up. In the waking we see that they are an enemy to us as we are an enemy to our Self. This isn't religious. I don't even know if it's spiritual so much as it is mechanical.

Maybe it would help to deconstruct spirituality. Pick it apart, see what is universally true and what is the dogmatic crap we can flush. In the meantime, one last analogy for the road:

If you're fire you don't burn. If your true nature is fire but you don't act from it and beings come along who do, they burn you. Now you think they're evil. Fire, bad! But no: Fire is just fire. the "bad" comes from denial.

What you're saying makes sense, but for me it delves into areas I know little about.

One question I would ask you:

If the visitors are indeed interacting with humanity to assist in awakening us to our true nature, then what do you believe determines the selection of the people they interact with?

My common sense response would be "They would select people who ask for help, and are ready and able to be helped."

However, as far as I've been able to tell, the visitors' practice is to abduct people and alter their consciousness through force, even though that person is not prepared for it and did not ask for it. Even if they are bringing something positive, this doesn't feel right to me. It gives me an impression of them as sorta the "jehovah's witnesses" of the cosmos...

Additionally, if the visitors' motivation is to help awaken us, then what is the reason that I have not been contacted? Am I lying to myself? Do I not truly wish to awaken? Am I "beyond help"? I'm not being sarcastic here, these are questions that would come up in the mind of any decent person, if these visitors are truly here to awaken us.

I hope I'm not giving the impression that I'm trying to debate you or anything, I'm honestly interested in what you have to say on this subject.

The Clueless One is [trying not to be] Annoying

Hey! Debate away! We're talking about ultimates here, if anything demands debate it's this.

Unfortunately I can't even respond well to this because I don't know how they choose people. I just want to reiterate that the "awakening" to this other energy I had was not instigated by them. I've had a couple of experiences that lead me to see that they know all about it (or...well...more about it than I do.) I think once I triggered it, that might have triggered a change in the nature of our relationship.

But maybe I'm full of it. I think I'll take the challenge and go for the hypnosis. Maybe I'll find I've been lied to or been lying to myself. I'll report back when I have something substantial to offer.

The Clueless One is [trying not to be] Annoying

valiens said:
Hey! Debate away! We're talking about ultimates here, if anything demands debate it's this.

Unfortunately I can't even respond well to this because I don't know how they choose people. I just want to reiterate that the "awakening" to this other energy I had was not instigated by them. I've had a couple of experiences that lead me to see that they know all about it (or...well...more about it than I do.) I think once I triggered it, that might have triggered a change in the nature of our relationship.

But maybe I'm full of it. I think I'll take the challenge and go for the hypnosis. Maybe I'll find I've been lied to or been lying to myself. I'll report back when I have something substantial to offer.

Ah, I was under the impression that the awakening experience was instigated by them. That kinda nullifies some of what I said. If that's not the case, what do you think instigated it?

The Clueless One is Not at All Annoying

valiens said:

You deserve tons of credit, Jeremy, for facing the dialogue and admitting any possibility of error. I think the only truth with this stuff is that no one really knows what's going on--or at least, can prove whatever it is they assert. It's largely a private experience.

You seem in touch with your highest consciousness. When you go through the hypnosis--I hope with someone unbiased--then you'll know for sure and can fill in the missing details. I can't wait to hear about it.

Brandon: What did it was reading a bunch of Jiddu Krishnamurti speeches and finally getting what he was pointing out: Truth cannot be touched by thought so the brain will never figure out Truth. Once you get that the brain stops trying. The ego dissolves. And he never said what comes next. This energy, apparently.

The thing is you can't invite it, you can't seek it. You were asking why doesn't this come to people like you who ask for it? That's why. Stop asking. The seeker, the asker has to come to an end for this thing to flower, as it were. Sucky contradiction.

Scott: Thank you. I will get back to this after I undergo hypnosis. In the meantime, I finally put the footage of me letting this energy take over while hooked up to an EEG on youtube. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make HD footage normal size, so until I get that right, it's a bit small and you may want to expand the youtube player. Anyway, here it is in all its fat-white-man-in-bad-haircut glory....

Hope this rules out the "He's lying/a con man" position some rightfully (and I mean that) take. If nothing else, I think the footage puts that to rest.

Oh, I must add that, YES, we had 2 other people hook up the the thing with unspectacular results and YES Masahiro Kahata, the inventor/operator of the computer program, does explain his findings. All of this is on tape but youtube only allows 10 minutes and for you to understand what Masahiro's saying I'd need to go through it and type text quotes at the bottom. For specs on the program, go here:

http://web.mac.com/mkahata/iWeb/IBVA/IBVA.html

The Clueless One is Ann--awesome. He is awesome, I meant.

This is part 1 of the Culture of Contact press conference. It's an intro by Harold Egeln & I.

This is Part 2. Michael Luckman intros the topic of Roswell.

Part 3: Bill Birnes explains the ramifications of the Walter haut confession:

Part 4. Farah Yurdozu swallows a mouse whole--I mean!

Part 5: Q&A with reporters.

Part 6 (of 6): Jeffrey Morgan Foss chimes in. Q & A wrap-up.

Culture of Contact Press Conf. '07 Part 6 (of 6)

valiens said:
This is part 1 of the Culture of Contact press conference. I'll keep adding the other links to this post as I put more online unless you object.

I'm very happy to see this conference taking place. I agree with your statement about the rorschach test 100%, and I think your method is a great way to approach the inkblot. Please post more if you have them!

Cool. Thanks. I've added 2 more in the above post. The 3rd is most important as it deals directly with the Walter Haut affidavit.

valiens said:
This is part 1 of the Culture of Contact press conference. It's an intro by Harold Egeln & I.

This is Part 2. Michael Luckman intros the topic of Roswell.

Part 3. Bill Birnes explains the ramifications of the Walter haut confession:

Jeremy, I know you probably put a lot of work into arranging this conference, and I don't want to poo all over it...but my god, how can this be taken seriously when you're all bracketed by large 50's B-movie looking robots? Maybe you didn't put them there but still!
And was there anyone at that table that didn't have something to sell or promote?

I will give that guy Luckman some credit though...he managed to get out "Alien Rock: The Rock 'n' Roll Extraterrestrial Connection" with a straight face! I know I couldn't have.;)

Brian Now said:
Jeremy, I know you probably put a lot of work into arranging this conference, and I don't want to poo all over it...but my god, how can this be taken seriously when you're all bracketed by large 50's B-movie looking robots? Maybe you didn't put them there but still!
And was there anyone at that table that didn't have something to sell or promote?

I will give that guy Luckman some credit though...he managed to get out "Alien Rock: The Rock 'n' Roll Extraterrestrial Connection" with a straight face! I know I couldn't have.;)

Notice I didn't mention my book or DVD (specifically because of that.) As for Luckman... I burned that bridge in an email wherein I bid him good luck pimping his book. He took exception to the word "pimping."

In a sense it's an unfair criticism because we do have to give our name and resume or else who are we to be taking the press' time with this? Even if it's a false sense of security you kinda have to state your name and credentials. But I feel awkward doing it so I don't. Gives me an air of mystery. (In my head.)

As for the robots, an artist made those for the theater. Luckman wanted to move them outside so they'd be guarding the door when the reporters came in. A rock group, The Sumarians, would be playing their alien rock songs while hooked up to Masahiro Kahata's psychic brainwave machine. So upon entering they'd get a spectacle and then adjourn to the theater for the wink-and-nudge-free press conference.

However, the artist is a sci fi guy not a ufology guy so he didn't want anything to do with us but somehow the manager talked him into moving those robots. He wouldn't move them outside but he'd move them into the theater. I didn't want them there but the dude drove in from hours out of town to do this and so I didn't say no. He was a really good sport and when he saw we weren't outwardly freakish like he'd expected he kinda got into the whole thing.

Look, we've gotten nothing but positive press from this, which is insane. With rare exception we didn't come off as lunatics and I think the reporters dug the whole "abductees embracing sci fi" thing and the fact that it wasn't just another conference. It may look like a goofy step backwards but it wasn't. In the end, the robots are aesthetically pleasing (I think) and cater to the not-so-serious aspect of the festival. They helped contrast mood and tone I think. Sure I wanted to do it differently but it worked as it was.

In a perfect world we'd be able to just throw a press conference without the spectacle and goofy ****. Unfortunately the news media have expectations that don't include, for instance, news. If it wasn't for the robots I don't know if the Walter Haut story would have broke...er...was that one defense too far?

Ahhhh christ, I just posted the conference as a new thread over in the other UFO section....:confused:

Oh well,

Thanks Jeremy for the additional video links on the conference.:p

I happen to come across this thread and I thought the points about Global Warming were interesting. I wanted to bump it (not in regards to Jeremy because personally he sounds like a nice guy and does not annoy me) but because of reading the global warming debate. All I wanted to add to those points in regards to GW.

I don't even want to debate IF it is going on (it is IMO) or how it is caused (I do not think it is enough "man-made" but I am fine with a debate with that) but rather the solutions to this "global issue" put forth by the "leadership" of this movement. The solution is this. A global carbon tax. A tax on your global footprint, i.e. a tax on life. That is all this is being used for is to fear monger a global tax. Why would anyone trust an agenda being funded by the Rothchild's in the first place? The fear mongering goes like this. If you are on the "left" you are given "Global Warming." If you are on the "right" you are given "the war or terrorism." It's a two-sided psyop to get globalism and to distract people away from issues they SHOULD be looking at. No more, no less.

Is global climate change, because of human activity, "real"? I'm afraid all too often one's answer to that is too heavily dependent on one's political affiliation. Scream at me all you want, but many of those who most vociferously deny it are the most red (Republican) through and through. I don't know why, but it seems as if it's become a badge of honor to deny that humans have any long-term and overreaching affect on the planet's ecological health. Could it be that's because the man who was leading the awareness charge at the time we seem to have reached the tipping point in acceptance was Al Gore? There are some things that are too important to devolve into petty political wrangling. Can't ANYTHING transcend partisanship?

does it sound plausible that behind the scenes, aliens are showing up in bedrooms across the world, teaching people Yoga?

Best quote ever.

To be honest, I'm not sure what to make of people who claim great spiritual development. What does an ascended master really sound like?

Beyond that, I'll keep my opinion to myself.<!-- / message -->

Brandon: What did it was reading a bunch of Jiddu Krishnamurti speeches and finally getting what he was pointing out: Truth cannot be touched by thought so the brain will never figure out Truth. Once you get that the brain stops trying. The ego dissolves. And he never said what comes next. This energy, apparently.

The thing is you can't invite it, you can't seek it. You were asking why doesn't this come to people like you who ask for it? That's why. Stop asking. The seeker, the asker has to come to an end for this thing to flower, as it were. Sucky contradiction.

Scott: Thank you. I will get back to this after I undergo hypnosis. In the meantime, I finally put the footage of me letting this energy take over while hooked up to an EEG on youtube. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make HD footage normal size, so until I get that right, it's a bit small and you may want to expand the youtube player. Anyway, here it is in all its fat-white-man-in-bad-haircut glory....

Hope this rules out the "He's lying/a con man" position some rightfully (and I mean that) take. If nothing else, I think the footage puts that to rest.

Oh, I must add that, YES, we had 2 other people hook up the the thing with unspectacular results and YES Masahiro Kahata, the inventor/operator of the computer program, does explain his findings. All of this is on tape but youtube only allows 10 minutes and for you to understand what Masahiro's saying I'd need to go through it and type text quotes at the bottom. For specs on the program, go here:

http://web.mac.com/mkahata/iWeb/IBVA/IBVA.html

Jeremy when youre in this state are you aware of whats going on? Could you pull out of it at any moment? Are you tired afterwards?

Thanks.

Back