• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The British tabloids NEVER lie... er... or do they

Hoffmeister

There is no spoon
So anyone who lives in Great Britain will know that the british tabloids never lie, and never just make stuff up for effect. In particular, 'the Sun' newspaper is particularly good at sticking to the truth, one look at their UFO section on their website clearly illustrates this.

So imagine my shock and horror when I recieved an email at work today with this link on it....:eek:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/hygiene/home/article190130.ece

Whatever next....

Ah yes, The Scum. A depressingly popular rag here in the UK. And there's another grim statistic linked to it: its reading level is deliberately pitched at that of an eight year old.
The loutish Rebekkah Wade is The Scum's editor and is all too happy to do Rupert Murdoch's bidding. I'd recommend anyone to buy the satirical paper Private Eye for a fortnightly expose of not just The Scum but all the other British papers in their 'Street of Shame' section.
The behind the scenes antics of these "people's papers" really is depressing.

Ah yes, The Scum. A depressingly popular rag here in the UK. And there's another grim statistic linked to it: its reading level is deliberately pitched at that of an eight year old.
The loutish Rebekkah Wade is The Scum's editor and is all too happy to do Rupert Murdoch's bidding. I'd recommend anyone to buy the satirical paper Private Eye for a fortnightly expose of not just The Scum but all the other British papers in their 'Street of Shame' section.
The behind the scenes antics of these "people's papers" really is depressing.

Okay maybe LLT. However ... I think you gotta give them points for all those very Hot Babe photos. Just saying ...

Decker
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Okay maybe LLT. However ... I think you gotta give them points for all those very Hot Babe photos. Just saying ...

Decker
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Yes, Don, but hasn't the internets rendered The Scum's Page 3 lovelies somewhat redundant?
Er, not that I'd know, of course... ::)

Back