• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The BEST Triangle video I have ever seen. Night Vision from Cali.

SarkozyAide

Skilled Investigator
Greetings all....brand new here....just found the Paracast and would love to get your feedback on this. To my mind, this is the BEST video of the black triangle mystery I have ever seen. Night Vision over San Francisco bay area from Decembre of 2008. If this is not the real thing, then it is the next best thing. Simply amazing.

SarkozyAide,

Thanks for posting that video, looks fascinating, any further references or info? It's interesting, could be a small-scale RC craft, it's a bit hard to tell.

And welcome to our forums!

dB

the only info I have on it is what the YouTube poster has offered. You're right in that it could be RC, but something about it just feels "right" to me....for starters it seems to be much further away from the camera than your average RC model.

Im just going to embed it here and see if its any better, but on youtube its doing some funny stuff (not loading properly).

I posted that vid on the Defencetalk.com forum 3 weeks ago requesting ideas on what type aircraft it might be.

They have a rather large international user base with a lot of knowledgeable interest in aircraft.

The replies were all of a humorous nature.

What was interesting was that there were no ideas presented, which I did expect there to be.

I guess that either all were baffled or those who know felt it prudent to not reply.

Help in ID of nightime aircraft in IR video - Defence Talk Forum

Thanks for chiming in...I agree with you that those who know, if any of them actually did know, were being prudent by keeping silent. Also, your point about the zoom lens seems to rule out it being an RC vehicle. That thing really does seem way up there and LARGE in comparison to the commercial plane that flies over at the beginning of the clip.

Its a fascinating video. Uniform speed and trajectory seems to indicate it was an air craft utilising technology with which we are familiar.

But what a bizarre configuration of lights it had!

While watching this clip I saw the tag "cannot be seen with the naked eye" but it appears quite a few people luck out with so many night vision videos of ufo's like this ! considering how the field of vision rapidly diminishes when using the zoom capability, I think it's quite a feat of camera working when keeping track of such an object, i.e. under such conditions.

I saw this a while ago. My thought was it was one of our replacements for the SR71. I am not sure about the lights on it as I believe they fly all lights off. I would like to know how fast that was going. It looks many times faster than what we have had.

The X47 is not a skunworks A/C. Its a Northrop Grumman demonstrator -a UCAV or UCAS. Even UAVs must have landing/navigation lights -- especially since many are as big as if not bigger than some conventional manned aircraft. They've entered production, see the unclass photos here: http://www.designation-systems.net/dusrm/app4/x-47.html. The Northrop Grumman site is here: http://www.as.northropgrumman.com/products/nucasx47b/index.html

So, It could be: X-47A or X-47B, or a UFO? I don't see any lights or portholes along the ventral surfaces of either military craft or maybe I'm mistaken.

I guess the lighted areas could also be vents or something to do with it's propulsion, otherwise the video reminds me of a sped of version of Asteroids.

The night thermal imagery could definately be picking up temperature variations along the bottom of the craft. As far as actual lights, most demonstrators do not always have lights as they fly in controlled airspace. Once deployed, these lights are on almost all A/C that operate. In addition, lights can not always be see seen in advanced aircraft during the day from photographs (like the ones on the website) as they are purposefully designed to minimize airflow resistance. The point being, the "triangles" people are seeing are pretty easily identifiable as man-made A/C.

One more thing I didn't have time to go into earlier: not all "thermal" emissions or "heat" signatures on imagery are caused by something "hot". Heat signatures can be caused by objects that are in fact very cold. The sensor doesn't necessary measure "heat" -- it measures temperature variation. For example, if you chill a golf ball to -25 degrees Fahrenheit and then place it on a sheet of ice that is -200 degrees, a thermal sensor properly calibrated will show the golf ball as being "hot" -- it's not really hot, just a much warmer temperature than its surroundings. Both objects, the ice sheet and the golf ball, are in fact very "cold". The point is, sensors like night vision goggles show temperature variations and not all bright objects are “lights” or “hot”.

that's some decent footage. I'm almost skeptical just because of how clear and fluent everything seems to be in that clip. Not my area of expertise so I'll just tag it as cool until someone with higher credentials proves it otherwise.

Welcome to the forum, btw.

i agree with kared. The video seems very stable considering the height of the object being viewed. Not conclusive, but an oddity nonetheless. I also want to say hello to everyone here. New and glad to be here.

Back