• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

That's no 'little girl'...

Pfffft....Believe me if I were upset Maudib you would know it. You have yet to tell us what you think this apparition is all about???? Still waiting.. All you seem good at is telling us what you think it's not.Anyone can do that.

Did you miss the part of my response where I said I don't have enough information to make that call? Let me be even more clear, ghosts and haunting phenomena are completely uninteresting to me. This kind of thing has been around forever and so far it remains completely unproven, surely if things like this "happen all the time" then conclusive, undeniable proof shouldn't be that hard to capture, right?

Yet it seems to be like a lot of things when dealing with the paranormal that conclusive proof is always right out of arms reach, I even saw you comment in another thread how you "hate when that happens" when it comes to UFO phenomena, I feel the same way about haunting and ghost phenomena.

At least with UFO's you can stay within the realm of known scientific possibility, ghost phenomena doesn't even have that going for it. Not to say that science has explained everything, we know that isn't true. One day, perhaps it will, and when that happens you can bet, if I'm still here, that I'll be interested and I'll do some reading on the subject, until then, I'm only going to comment on subjects that I'm informed on and I'm only informed enough when it comes to ghosts to know that there is no conclusive proof for their existence. I am, however, very well informed when it comes to martial arts having been practicing for roughly 12 years and I can say without a doubt in my mind that your little theory about demons and clearing your mind is 100% garbage.

The only reason I got involved in this thread was your ignorant comments about martial arts and eastern practices, not because I'm interested in ghosts. They interest me about as much as wolfmen and vampires do and I think all three likely do not exist. See unlike you and your religion, I don't claim to have all the answers, so I don't feel compelled to provide them, see how that works?

I suppose that if you were the one whos house was being haunted then you might feel differently. If you were the one who had these entities after you then you might look at this in a different light.If you had seen the girl then maybe you would see this whole thing differently. It is extremely condescending to come here and say that if it didn't happen to you or you can't prove it then it doesn't exist or unless it happens to you it doesn't exist. What would constitute proof in your eyes? If a ghost pinches you on the ass you will say it was the bedcovers.....seriously...man, what works for you?

I am probably in agreement with you believe it or not when it comes to being skeptical about some of the claims made about ghosts/demons/stories about NDE. But there are spiritual forces out there both good and bad. Just because you haven't yet seen them doesn't mean that they are not there.Really the last thing anyone wants is a haunting or an attachment from a demonic entity. I would hate for you to find out about it that way.

In the post you mentioned me saying I hate when that happens, in that example the woman said they had pictures and video BUT they were now missing or stolen or erased....yeah right. If you told me you had video of a ghost but it came up missing guess what? I would say the same thing.If you say you have proof but the proof suddenly disappears I smell a rat every time.

UFOs are the comfort zone of the paranormal. The investigators think that they can neatly put it all into a scientific box but I beg to differ. Investigators in UFOs may get their hands dirty in the spiritual world at times,unless they totally ignore some of the aerial phenomina that occurs. Scientifically probable yes. The study of UFOs is at the base level things in the sky that we don't know what they are, heck that's WIDE berth.The possible classification of all of those things is huge as you well know.Going into an investigation for a murder and rejecting some of the evidence is ignorant.But that's what some are doing with UFOs.

You say you have no interest in the spiritual part of the paranormal and you don't have conclusive proof, yet we have unexplained video of something. We have people who have taken on a different persona who have played with witchcraft,these people have asked something to come to them and it did. The story the exorcist is based on is factual and documented. How much proof do you want? The thousands of investigators who go looking for something and find something. You must agree it is something even if you don't know what it is.

Concerning opening yourself up to eastern religions . You only rely on your own experiences for this like millions of other people you never had it happen to you therefore you think the idea is absurd. I was very careful on numerous times to state that in most cases yoga and martial arts never get beyond a certain point. There are lots of different persuasions of martial arts. Some of those can indeed open the wrong doors.Satan worship is usually what opens the door. This hasn't happened to you because you haven't pursued it and I sincerely hope you don't. Opening up oneself to whatever is there can indeed be a calling card to it. Think about it for a minute. What does an enemy do to break down prisoners in war. They try to break the will through sleep deprivation food rationing and torture. They want to empty you first so that they can fill you up with their ideas. They want to break you physically,emotionally and spiritually. This is the same thing that cults do, they wear down gullible weak people...go a small step further now and look at what some of these religions do. They want to empty you. Nothing is better to them than some lum nuts sitting there opening it all up ....here I am come and get me.Better yet get high before you go into it. You'll be almost like a mannequinn. It does happen. You go looking for it, you invite it in and then people wonder how it happened. They say things like, "GOSH I have no idea what happened, I grabbed that donkey by the tail and pulled it and he kicked me!" Watch a bonifide voodoo dance sometime after several hours at around three in the morning and tell me what you see.

If you would stop talking down to me you might really start to see something. I learned long ago that providing proof to people like you usually results in nothing because you don't know proof when you see it,or you conveniently decide not to see it.

I suppose that if you were the one whos house was being haunted then you might feel differently. If you were the one who had these entities after you then you might look at this in a different light.If you had seen the girl then maybe you would see this whole thing differently. It is extremely condescending to come here and say that if it didn't happen to you or you can't prove it then it doesn't exist or unless it happens to you it doesn't exist. What would constitute proof in your eyes? If a ghost pinches you on the ass you will say it was the bedcovers.....seriously...man, what works for you?

You're putting words in my mouth here, I never said this didn't happen to the guy, clearly he saw something he can't explain, I can't explain it either, but neither can you. All anyone can do is guess and I never said anything about your guesses, just your garbage theory about demons waiting around for us to clear our minds so they can jump in and take control. It's nonsense dude. Pure and simple. It's your bias against any religion that isn't Christianity or Mormonism or whatever you believe in. Maybe I would feel differently if something like that had happened to me, but it never has so what does that matter? I call em like I see em and as far as this guy's story goes I make no call, because I don't know enough. If a ghost pinched me on the ass I would be forced to believe in ghosts, is that good enough for you? I'll wait for that to happen.

I am probably in agreement with you believe it or not when it comes to being skeptical about some of the claims made about ghosts/demons/stories about NDE. But there are spiritual forces out there both good and bad. Just because you haven't yet seen them doesn't mean that they are not there.Really the last thing anyone wants is a haunting or an attachment from a demonic entity. I would hate for you to find out about it that way.

Oh I'm sure you are skeptical about certain stories, especially NDE's that don't agree with your absolute certainty about what awaits us in the afterlife. I'm sorry man, I don't believe in spiritual forces besides those invented in the minds of human beings, period. I doubt I ever will.

In the post you mentioned me saying I hate when that happens, in that example the woman said they had pictures and video BUT they were now missing or stolen or erased....yeah right. If you told me you had video of a ghost but it came up missing guess what? I would say the same thing.If you say you have proof but the proof suddenly disappears I smell a rat every time.

I'm with you on this one, I find it very convenient when investigators claim they had undeniable proof in their hands and then it mysteriously disappeared. It's nonsense.

UFOs are the comfort zone of the paranormal. The investigators think that they can neatly put it all into a scientific box but I beg to differ. Investigators in UFOs may get their hands dirty in the spiritual world at times,unless they totally ignore some of the aerial phenomina that occurs. Scientifically probable yes. The study of UFOs is at the base level things in the sky that we don't know what they are, heck that's WIDE berth.The possible classification of all of those things is huge as you well know.Going into an investigation for a murder and rejecting some of the evidence is ignorant.But that's what some are doing with UFOs.

You see, this is where you lose me. What in the world are you even talking about? What does the spiritual have to do with things in the sky that may or may not be alien spacecraft? Angel chariots? Demon saucers? I have no idea what you're even talking about and further more I've yet to see any kind of evidence for UFO's that couldn't be explained as either a potential alien craft or misidentified earthly phenomena. Your analogy is total nonsense, in a murder investigation nobody goes in thinking "this might have been done by supernatural forces that can't be explained" so why should anyone do that with UFO's when everything that has been observed likely has a scientific basis either now or in the possible technology of the future?

You say you have no interest in the spiritual part of the paranormal and you don't have conclusive proof, yet we have unexplained video of something. We have people who have taken on a different persona who have played with witchcraft,these people have asked something to come to them and it did. The story the exorcist is based on is factual and documented. How much proof do you want? The thousands of investigators who go looking for something and find something. You must agree it is something even if you don't know what it is.

Once again you're jumping to conclusions, what unexplained video are you talking about? Every single ghost video that I've ever seen has been explained away as hoaxes or video artifacts and I've seen a literal shit ton of video. Your point about the exorcist goes back to what I said in the first place, the human brain is a very fallible organ. Not only that but we also have cases where it's been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that people weren't possessed, they were just mentally ill, so you do the math. What's more likely, the existence of supernatural realms that can't be proven and have no real explanation OR mental illness and outright hoaxes? Somebodies story doesn't constitute what I'm looking for which is undeniable, physical proof. If there really was this vast spiritual realm and these things to quote you "happen all the time" surely proof wouldn't be that hard to find, yet we still have none, just a lot of stories.

Concerning opening yourself up to eastern religions . You only rely on your own experiences for this like millions of other people you never had it happen to you therefore you think the idea is absurd. I was very careful on numerous times to state that in most cases yoga and martial arts never get beyond a certain point. There are lots of different persuasions of martial arts. Some of those can indeed open the wrong doors.Satan worship is usually what opens the door. This hasn't happened to you because you haven't pursued it and I sincerely hope you don't. Opening up oneself to whatever is there can indeed be a calling card to it. Think about it for a minute. What does an enemy do to break down prisoners in war. They try to break the will through sleep deprivation food rationing and torture. They want to empty you first so that they can fill you up with their ideas. They want to break you physically,emotionally and spiritually. This is the same thing that cults do, they wear down gullible weak people...go a small step further now and look at what some of these religions do. They want to empty you. Nothing is better to them than some lum nuts sitting there opening it all up ....here I am come and get me.Better yet get high before you go into it. You'll be almost like a mannequinn. It does happen. You go looking for it, you invite it in and then people wonder how it happened. They say things like, "GOSH I have no idea what happened, I grabbed that donkey by the tail and pulled it and he kicked me!" Watch a bonifide voodoo dance sometime after several hours at around three in the morning and tell me what you see.

Once again you show your religious bias, what in the hell (pardon the pun) does satanism have to do with the martial arts? I've never met any satanic martial artists and I doubt you have either, this is typical fundie paranoia that every evil in this world is caused by some mythical devil and people aren't evil, just influenced by demons or whatever. It's crap. Just like the clearing your mind thing is total crap in my opinion and frankly I'm tired of addressing it, you have your opinion and I have mine, when you say something I don't agree with I'll make my opinion known, that's how internet forums work ffs. On another note and I'm sure this will shock you but back in the day I have done that very thing you talk about in this paragraph, I've gotten high and done martial arts and I've gotten high and meditated. Clearly, I should be teeming with demons and yet, I'm not. Further proof that it's total crap and people that believe this kind of thing are people that believe black cats crossing their path is bad luck or whatever. I don't believe in voodoo anymore than I believe in demons or Christianity so I doubt watching a voodoo dance would impress me at all.

If you would stop talking down to me you might really start to see something. I learned long ago that providing proof to people like you usually results in nothing because you don't know proof when you see it,or you conveniently decide not to see it.

If you would stop bringing your religious bias into every single thing you post about on this forum I'd probably have a lot less to say to you. I've asked you for proof on a number of occasions and you've provided nothing of the sort, and I'll continue to ask for proof and make my opinions known as long as you're here so if you don't like it I suggest you move along or you develop a thicker skin. I don't have anything against you personally, but I do think some of your opinions are ridiculous and it's my right to say so if I feel that way, you can counter all you want or you can ignore me, this is how the internet works, everyone doesn't always agree with each other. My only real problem with you is your certainty that you know things that nobody really knows for sure. Faith does not equal proof, period. We could both be way off on our interpretations of this world, the difference is I admit that. Can you?

Well alrighty then.....bias is most certainly subjective. I want to say you're more full of poo than a constipated whale but I won't do that.I respect your views on the subject. You have some valid points and we agree on a few things here. We just disagree on 99.99% of it thats all.

Once again the issue of proof is also subjective and I know that no matter what I do in your particular case I would still come up short from your perspective. I think we have ample proof to show we have 1. A spirit world 2. Ghosts or spirits

In my opinion I haven't even once touched on my beliefs here. I have only offered a possible explanation on this topic which I have every right to do. I'm not on a war path to any religion but I may have opinions on them that I may talk about.

This may come off as judgemental but I am going to say it. Atheism is the belief of the nots the isn'ts and the nevers. I'm not here to attack it but you seem bent on anything that is contrary. I'd say that it's not me who has the thin skin here.

I was watching a program last night on hauntings and such. One guy, a scientist who started a business, set up in a warehouse- where the prior occupants moved out of the building, claiming "strange sounds, screams, and banging" would be heard at night. Finding this out, the new owner set up video/audio in his shop over night, to see what the fuss was about. He captured voices- and video that shows a tool rolling across a desk- a chair that spun around in a full circle- a metal partition that fell over. Being in the field of physics, he was intrigued- he filtered his video in such a way, that he was able to capture some "energy field" around the area of the hauntings..
Here, we have a guy- skeptical of anything going bump in the night- who was able to capture evidence of something unnatural occuring in an area he uses for research and development.

The church seems to keep quiet in it's involvement with exorcism, considering it's long history. I can't imagine a priest allowing a recorder in the room where one is being performed- but I'd be all for it. As far as the "rain man" case, where we have multiple witnesses in both the home and prison- very few had access to video recorders in the late 70's... something unusual obviously surrounded this individual. Ghosts, Demons? Who can say for sure.

I think there are some kind forces etc outside any realm we can measure yet. But it's the religious naming of these things that annoys me. For demon read trickster. There could be a supernatural explanation for many paranormal phenomena - it's just not angels, fallen angels and assorted 'evil' entities. There may be 'evil' things in that they could care less about our wellbeing but at the same time they don't go out hunting sinners etc.

I think the trickster explanation can cover an awful lot of ground and it also explains the fact that some supernatural events seem to be 'good' or 'bad' to us. It may be accidental that these events can be 'bad' for us, but because they are, during history, due to the prevalence of religion in all writing and speaking, these events were given labels from religious myth, and these labels stick.

Do girls get possessed in China and if so, does the demon speak Latin? Why would say, a possessed girl living in a country without catholicism, withdraw from a crucifix a la 'The Exorcist'? I think there may be events loosely like possession but I don't think it's the reciting of the Roman Ritual that would expel the cause - that's a good example of a religion 'claiming' a supernatural event IMO.

Great points guys...... I am sorry to say that many if not most Christian denominations are very reluctant to approach the subject at all. I just ordered and am reading the book on the show called" Paranormal State" and in one story of that book the crew went seeking help from legitimate clergy who blew them off. This isn't the first time I have heard of this happening.

Many Christians even the ones in charge have their little comfort zones. Since I am a Christian I am attacking us for this. The Catholic church has a division for this and they don't take approaching it lightly. Personally I am not convinced that it is all legit but at least they are doing something. If a person has a problem with this who do they go to? Unfortunately in some churches if you go there and say you think you may have a problem with demons they want to get rid of you as quickly as possible. There are also the fake preachers who are turning a buck in pretending to cast out demons.

I hope that in the future forces can be mobilized better to deal with this problem because people do have these problems and they need experienced people to help them. If I were to have a problem like this I would not seek out the first person with a shingle that says "Pastor".

This is a dangerous realm and toying with it even from the good side can get you into big trouble unless you come prepared and know what you are doing.

Back