• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Tea party holding the US as hostage ?

Government shutdown after midnight ?

• Yes

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
Over half the population REALLY dislike obama... me included. He sucks as a president and peace prize recipient.

If you want any of us hold outs to even remotely embrace this forced health care then PLEASE do not EVER utter the nik name OBAMACARE again.

btw I am not a republican, i am not stupid enough to fall for the fake left/right paradigm that got us into this mess. democrats and republicans are just two arms of the same body designed to keep us all fighting and thinking we are accomplishing something all the while the wealth is being transfered from middle class to the elite. wake up.

Over half the population REALLY dislike obama... me included. He sucks as a president and peace prize recipient.

If you want any of us hold outs to even remotely embrace this forced health care then PLEASE do not EVER utter the nik name OBAMACARE again.

btw I am not a republican, i am not stupid enough to fall for the fake left/right paradigm that got us into this mess. democrats and republicans are just two arms of the same body designed to keep us all fighting and thinking we are accomplishing something all the while the wealth is being transfered from middle class to the elite. wake up.

He's trying to help the 15% that can't afford health care. Might take away a few bucks from the wealthy ... So what.

The guy has dark skin, his mother is white, his father is from Africa. Who cares.... Donald Trump maybe ?

All I see is courage in the face of tremendous adversity. The first colored president elected in the middle of the worst financial crisis since the great depression. If cash is king, then the performance of Wall Street since day 1 of his presidency is pretty eloquent even through this shutdown.

As for the elite... IMHO GW took better care of them than Obama ;)

Ahhh...if it only COULD BE so simple as evil Republicans and heroic Democrats (Or any mixture of parties thereof).

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

I work for a public school district. We have a couple board members who are self proclaimed Tea Partiers. They have tried relentlessly to break our union, through outsourcing. Their mission is to take away health benefits (of which they succeeded removing benefits for employees dependents, children included) and take us off any kind of pension plan(of which we contribute) What they stand for is a threat to blue collar workers- not ONLY those who collect welfare. This is just a my own perspective of local govt that effects my ability to provide for my family. On a national level, I hate to think what they could accomplish- example, social security.

This is not an ideological endorsement. But my wife is a teacher and I can tell you for a fact that her union resources saved our bacon at a time and in a way we did not expect. Don't get me started on the way teachers in public schools are treated these days. It's a meritocracy turned completely upside down.

Gee compared to me ,you really like the guy. HA.
Nope. Did not vote for him twice.
That makes me a terrorist according to many liberals.
That reminds me I forgot to clean the 357 magnum today.

“I didn’t know anything about [Obama] when I voted for him in 2008. My choice to do so was purely because he was black. Naively, I thought he would be the right person for the job but unfortunately it didn’t turn out that way. Obama had the opportunity to really unite this country in such a profound way, but instead he has done the opposite. We are so divided right now, everything has become about race, more than I’ve ever known in my lifetime.”
-Stacey Dash

“I didn’t know anything about [Obama] when I voted for him in 2008. My choice to do so was purely because he was black. Naively, I thought he would be the right person for the job but unfortunately it didn’t turn out that way. Obama had the opportunity to really unite this country in such a profound way, but instead he has done the opposite. We are so divided right now, everything has become about race, more than I’ve ever known in my lifetime.”
-Stacey Dash

For a lot of republicans it seems to be about race.... Why ?

I think his presidency is mostly being sabotaged by the agenda of the uncompromising religious-right and evangelists. (tea party).

The next president, regardless of color, will face the same paralyzing problems. The chasm on social issues between liberals and conservatives is unbridgeable and made increasingly worse by religious lobbies in Washington (500 million$ in 2010).

Last edited:
This is not an ideological endorsement. But my wife is a teacher and I can tell you for a fact that her union resources saved our bacon at a time and in a way we did not expect. Don't get me started on the way teachers in public schools are treated these days. It's a meritocracy turned completely upside down.
Yes, in Pennsy. the teachers union is strong, alot stronger than our union(support staff) and it frustrates the Tea board members who cannot touch the Teachers Union, so they have targeted us, "the help"

-Stacey Dash
he can be called white as well.

A late night TV show went about in public and asked random people is they supported Obama Care, most said no. When asking those same people if they would support the affordable health care act most of the "no's" said yes. It's obvious most don't know these programs are one and the same, they just said no to anything tied in with Obama's name. These are the "majority of people who don't want national healthcare" as proclaimed by Boehner and Co. ?

A late night TV show went about in public and asked random people is they supported Obama Care, most said no. When asking those same people if they would support the affordable health care act most of the "no's" said yes. It's obvious most don't know these programs are one and the same, they just said no to anything tied in with Obama's name. These are the "majority of people who don't want national healthcare" as proclaimed by Boehner and Co. ?

LOL. The only thing they know for sure is that they hate Obama. That's a good lesson for a future president: you want to start a social program ? don't put your name on it :D.

... unless it was called Obama-care by the republicans ? :confused:

He's trying to help the 15% that can't afford health care. Might take away a few bucks from the wealthy ... So what.

The guy has dark skin, his mother is white, his father is from Africa. Who cares.... Donald Trump maybe ?

All I see is courage in the face of tremendous adversity. The first colored president elected in the middle of the worst financial crisis since the great depression. If cash is king, then the performance of Wall Street since day 1 of his presidency is pretty eloquent even through this shutdown.

As for the elite... IMHO GW took better care of them than Obama ;)

The fact is - in a very twisted way - a certain very small and very wealthy group has successfully turned the argument so that people are actually arguing against their own best interests.

Playing to people's knee-jerk prejudices - creating that smoke-screen - behind the scenes they are robbing the US blind, and creating a populace that will 'settle' for low wages and grim working conditions, thus ensuring wealth yet again for that wealthy faction.

The group that is doing this are not 'loyal Americans' - they are not loyal to any national boundary. Their interest is the bottom line and maintaining personal wealth at all costs. 'Behind the fan' they laugh (no question) at how easy this game is - how easy we have made the game because so easily manipulated.

In the end, however, we have only ourselves to blame: less than 50% of the US population vote in national elections. The looting and pillaging of the US and the dismemberment of it's once sterling national pride-of-place (for good reason) - is being done in the full-light-of-day - bold-as-brass.

As for 2008 - any presidential candidate staring down that gun barrel likely drew a deep sigh of relief when they didn't win. I have always harbored the suspicion that the deconstruct McCain played out during that campaign was a form of kamikaze mission - even Republicans didn't want to reap the whirlwind from GW's presidency.

What (some) people seem to forget is how calming Obama's presidency has been - and he has proved a disappointment to many in terms of lots of policy stuff (but many presidents are that - no difference there). However, give me the last years with Obama any day - an intelligent man who can speak articulately and has a sense of humor - can laugh at himself! He took hold of a dismal situation and has succeeded in creating such confidence that the financial sector is booming once again. That alone should say something. He may not have done it all the way I wanted or expected but he has conducted himself in such a way that I am proud every time my president is scheduled to make a public appearance.

As for 2008 - any presidential candidate staring down that gun barrel likely drew a deep sigh of relief when they didn't win. I have always harbored the suspicion that the deconstruct McCain played out during that campaign was a form of kamikaze mission - even Republicans didn't want to reap the whirlwind from GW's presidency.

What (some) people seem to forget is how calming Obama's presidency has been - and he has proved a disappointment to many in terms of lots of policy stuff (but many presidents are that - no difference there). However, give me the last years with Obama any day - an intelligent man who can speak articulately and has a sense of humor - can laugh at himself! He took hold of a dismal situation and has succeeded in creating such confidence that the financial sector is booming once again. That alone should say something. He may not have done it all the way I wanted or expected but he has conducted himself in such a way that I am proud every time my president is scheduled to make a public appearance.

Nicely put !

I'll never forget that 'WTF' moment when McCain chose Sarah Palin the 'Evangelical soccer mom' as VP. In retrospect, it now makes sense from the kamikaze perspective lol.

You could almost say that, in a certain way, republicans were hoping the extreme environments that Obama was inheriting would destroy the Democrats.

It not only backfired, the republicans became a magnet for religious extremists with an agenda.

he can be called white as well.

Only if you failed American History.

We have words in the English language that entirely designate how much or little "whiteness" is in someone, therefore determining any rights that person might or might not have. The words "mulatto", "quadroon", and "octoroon" all exist because the amount of "whiteness" was directly related to that person's social standing. The first word was initially used as a name for any person whose parents were of different races, later being used almost entirely for those who had one black and white parent. The other two words solely designate how much black is in someone. The "one drop" rule, mostly used and acknowledged in the Jim Crow South, simply stated that a person with even "one drop" of black blood must be considered black. This is an American phenomenon and is why so many famous Americans of mixed-heritage are historically known as being black.

We've been playing "Tag, you're black" since this country's first inception.

While a certain segment of the population may like to think that the last vestiges of racism ended with the Civil Rights Act and Loving v. Viriginia (1967), the reality is that it's absurd to think only two generations will erase problems which have traditionally been in our culture. So, when you say,
I am colored too. sorta pinkish tan... why even mention color?
It shows a poor grasp of reality in this country. You won't get pulled over for daring to drive while being a "sorta pinkish tan." You won't be singled out and denied the right to vote because a criminal in another state has a name that is kind of similar to yours. For example:

Problems in the cleansing process[edit]
At first, Florida specified only exact matches on names, birthdates and genders to identify voters as felons. However, state records reveal a memo dated March 1999 from Emmett "Bucky" Mitchell, a lawyer for the state elections office who was supervising the felon purge, asking DBT to loosen its criteria for acceptable matches. When DBT representatives warned Mitchell that this would yield a large proportion of false positives (mismatches), Mitchell's reply was that it would be up to each county elections supervisor to deal with the problem.[4]

In February 2000, in a phone conversation with the BBC's London studios, ChoicePoint vice-president James Lee said that the state "wanted there to be more names than were actually verified as being a convicted felon".[5][6]
And
Demographics of the purge list[edit]
According to the Palm Beach Post, among other problems with the list, although blacks accounted for 88% of those removed from the rolls, they made up only about 11% of Florida's voters.[9]
You also won't see voting booths systematically removed from areas where the majority of people look like you, only to be given as a surplus in areas where people look entirely unlike you - and that's assuming the voting machine doesn't just change your vote from the black guy to the white guy. Then we should also consider that many states still have some vestiges of Jim Crow laws in affect, specifically targeting anyone who has ever been convicted of a felony, long after all other rights have been restored. What makes this especially egregious, is that black people are usually the ones singled out and given harsher sentences than whites, assuming the white person is even arrested in the first place. Google the difference between those arrested for cocaine possession versus those arrested for crack possession as an example of this. In terms of non-violent drug offenders, more white people may use drugs yet more blacks are arrested. So, not only are blacks more likely to be arrested than whites for doing the same crime, they're more likely to get harsher sentences, and then they are usually prevented from voting upon their release.

These conditions play entirely upon white fears. You can bet the conservative politicians and pundits know this when they say, "Barack HUSSEIN Obama" while Photo-shopping images of him to make him look like an
African tribal witch doctor. It's why a black man born to a white American woman - in the state of Hawaii - is supposed to be ineligible to become president because his father was African, whereas a white man born to a white American woman in Canada is the favorite of the "Birther" movement, in spite of the fact his father wasn't American and he wasn't even born on American soil. It's why 34% of conservative Republicans insist that Obama is a Muslim, even though Obama attends a Christian church every week and had been ridiculed by these same groups for seeing a "radical black preacher" when he was younger. Reagan, on the other hand, was considered to be a "good Christian" even though he hated church and almost never attended, certainly not making any professions about his faith. Conservatives give Reagan Christian creds for virtually everything he did, even when he was doing some of the least Christian acts. We could argue that Obama has done far more "Christian" works for the nation, including giving healthcare coverage to the poorest, sickest and most disenfranchised among us, yet absolutely everything he does is considered suspect.

So, please explain to me how color doesn't matter.

I don't see much in the way of morals coming from your side, bud. No thought for the poor, for instance, who have to work on slave wages and won't ever be able to send their children to college by making their own money. So much for equal opportunity, how much power do these people have, even to change their own life?

The people for whom you are being a tool, have no morals. No matter what the taxes are, the people who brainwashed you and filled you with hate towards your fellow citizens will always try to get away with paying as little as possible, while reaping all benefits for themselves.

Democracy is different, together people can make moral decisions for the common good. The 'me, me, me' attitude is so simple-minded and primitive, this is the image that popped into my head when I read your post:

angry-monkey-albino.jpg

I pity you people with your lack of compassion, and your acute, angry, primitive individualism which even makes you unable to function in a political community, I imagine a lack of intellect is part of the problem. Sad.

You know what I pity? Those who don't back up their frustrations with facts, because, we are left feeling that they are no better than those they are waving a finger at . Could you please provide some evidence of precisely what it is that YOU have done to make the world a better place in the name of this "purity of unbiased compassion" you're going on about? Sure, a lot of people are very angry. They should be, they are getting ripped off left and right by their government. Stepped on HARD. Then they get ripped off left and right when they travel into a sector of the city that has been reduced to a criminal playground via the systems that the left promotes as their compassionate answer to the problem. It's ONLY made it 100 times worse my friend. Human nature, as will ANY form of energy, only take the path with the least amount of resistance. Can we all say, "common sense"? Only someone with an ulterior motive would feel different. Like the, "I hate violence" philosophies or whatever. Total non-reality with absolute and complete disregard for nature. Try selling that method to science.

If you think you are going to take the bite out of the dog, I suggest you stop teasing it. That is exactly what the left have been doing to the REAL base populous that BUILT their United States via hard work for them.

Those are same exact people that came to this country without a nickel. This whole welfare thing is the biggest bunch of BS ever conceived. If you don't like it here, you can leave. It works GREAT for those of us that have not been programmed to fail.

And this is Gene's point, I am hopping at least that this is Gene's point. You see, you are DECIEVED. Obama is a PUPPET, just as are ANY persidential condidate, left or right, that does NOTHING he is not told to do by people that would make the rich you refernce above look like the picture of poverty.

Wake up! (We love you because you are the future, we NEED YOU.)

Yes, the president is just another corporate tool. But there are enough differences to at least make it important that you pick one or the other, but don't expect miracles.

So, for example, the Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare) is almost wholly based on Republican ideas dating back to the 1990s and the Heritage Foundation. The Republicans tell you they hate it, but they thought of it originally.

Back