• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Tasmanian lights

The street lights in the wide shot also flicker, so that would suggest to me that the flicker made by the object's lights might be produced by the camera and not the atmosphere. I'm not really sure how that impacts its authenticity. Also, the blur associated with the auto focus early in the video impacts the lights so my thought is that the object is definitely in the sky, but we all know the level of video manipulation possible with today's software suites.

I'd be interested to hear a professional's take on this one given that, authentic or not, it's very clear that the object is some type of rigid structure.

For what it's worth, here's an Aussie news package that features the shooter explaining the film.

Really interesting video. It's actually pretty clear and there's a bit of a point of reference. Is there an airport near the area?

Phil whould be better able to answer that, but i would guess yes, the guy who filmed it mentioned planes, and them not looking like one, and the article mentions

Launceston Air Traffic Control also did not have any reportings of the lights.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/technology/sc...-tassie-sky-20110530-1fbtq.html#ixzz1NyJSatZY

But they dont look like a plane to me, wrong colour, wrong config and stationary

Has anyone here see "Signs"?
There is a scene where the TV is showing a night shot of Mexico City with lights from the alien crafts glowing and hovering over the city.
To me, it looks like that scene exactly. The lights in both cases are flickering slowly, and in a very similar pattern.

I'm not saying that's what this vid is, but the coincidence is there.

Real or not, the classic saucer has been largely replaced by the huge floating triangle or boomerang shape. Maybe the ET's version of the luxury liner lol ?

Obviously Chinese lanterns, filled with swamp gas, lit by genetically engineered Russians.
Case closed.

Real or not, the classic saucer has been largely replaced by the huge floating triangle or boomerang shape. Maybe the ET's version of the luxury liner lol ?

Yes, perhaps in the mid-80s they had an intergalactic Cash For Clunkers program in which you can trade your old, beat up metallic disc for the large, silent triangle of your choice.

However, you'd think after a millennium or two they'd make them in something other than silver or black.

I'm not sure what direction the lights were but there is an airport approx. 15 kilometres south of the city of Launceston.

Mayfield is a northern suburb of Launceston. If Brendon was viewing the lights from Riverside (in the west) then the lights were probably in the north-northeast area. The airport therefore would be 20 km or 13 miles (approx, ) from there.

Back