• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Suggested Guests

Free episodes:

David wrote...
We have decided to stay away fom the 9.11 stuff, simply for the reason that it has nothing to do with the realm of the paranormal - it's politics, and we are not a political show.
Bravo! Look, the fact of the matter is that the C2C message boards were terminated a few days ago, just around the time Casual and Lone Gunman showed up. I would not be at all shocked if the conspiracy kooks which dominated the C2C boards aren't looking to migrate here and elsewhere, to turn The Paracast and these boards into replicas of the C2C some-paranormal, some-conspiracy, some-total-craziness formula. Of course, there's a strong likelihood that it was these very same "types" (I can't say with any certainty that Casual and Lone belong to the ilk) which drove the C2C boards into oblivion with incessant lunatic political rants that drove posters--paying posters in that case--from the C2C boards.

My point was simply that The Paracast isn't C2C, a conglomeration of every nutty idea anybody throws over the transom, without challenge or thought. The Paracast has a niche and a point-of-view that's unique. So it needs to be wary of the seepage which is all too likely to filter this way in an effort by some to change the model and provide yet another forum for these conspiracy mythologists.

And just so you'll know, Lone Gunman, I hardly bullied anybody. I expressed an opinion counter to Casual's. I was never disrespectful nor bullying. But I certainly expressed my opinion. I never even addressed Casual directly, nor did I comment on his specific guest suggestions. It was only after he decided to storm off in a snit because someone-- me, from what he said!--dared object to his posting that I responded. Frankly, I could smell the way Casual was trying to tilt things and I didn't like it. Interestingly, Casual admitted that having The Paracast engage topics OTHER THAN the paranormal (which he called, parroting what I'd written about his beloved conspiracy myths, "boring and silly") was precisely his "plan". If disagreement and an honest contrary opinion constitutes bullying, so be it.

Anyway, David's driven a stake in that particular vampire's chest so hopefully the push for more discussion on conspiracy mythologies is dead.

Jersey John said:
Anyway, David's driven a stake in that particular vampire's chest so hopefully the push for more discussion on conspiracy mythologies is dead.

Except in the "Conspiracy Theories" forum...

...feel free to ignore threads about conspiracy theories. Thanks.

I don't think being a Coast to Coast listener should brand me with a scarlet letter. Some of it I really like, some of it I hate, and some I ignore. No I don't want all the same guests on both shows because I do realize that they're different.

But I really love the Paracast as an alternative and think it's great. Sue me. I listen to both.

And the only reason the Coast message boards were shut down was because of a flood of negative criticism that Mr. Noory used to get. Draw your own conclusions.

It is fun to hear some of the same guests from that show on the Paracast, because I know at least here, fools are suffered lightly and I really dig that.

You guys have something really cool here, and I'm just enjoying it.

Gene. David. Here's my big wish list.
Make my dreams come true...

Jenny Randles. UK researcher, written lots and lots of "popular" UFO books. Been in the game a looong time. Knowledgeable sort of cove.

Paul Sieveking and/or Bob Rickard. Founding editors of UK's Fortean Times. They're both full of it (weird knowledge)

George Bush. President of once well-regarded super-power. David, Gene; go to work.

Cynthia Hind. A long-time UFO researcher based in South Africa writing of little-known cases from that great and terrible continent. Alas, now dead. Not sure why she's on this list. Would've been good.

Timothy Good. Nuts and bolts-wallah who gets irritable and snippy satisfyingly quickly under the cold, hard gaze of logic. Get him on and wind him up! It'd be a hoot.

Dalek.A cold-hearted killer from the planet Skaro. Ask it if it would like Michael Horn's home address then record the ensuing encounter. I'd pay to hear that one.

Richard C. Hoagland. "Uhn" (Biedny sigh).
I wonder what the C stands for?

George Noory's moustache. Hirsute investigator of all things paranormal. Ask it when it's having its large, fleshy growth removed.

Me.Debonair playboy and feckless gadabout once rumoured to be romantically linked with Mother Theresa of Calcutta and one half of The Nolan Sisters. On reflection, I'd be a rubbish guest. I'm vain and self-serving and avoid all the tricky questions.
Hmm...now where's Coast to Coast's number?

Wow Casual, you gonna give in that easily, lol. It's all in good discussion, one of the reasons I like this board is because it's kind of edgy. You throw yourself out there, you're likely to get your proverbial head lopped off:) Thats part of the fun of it, thats how you learn. Keeps you from getting stuck in some of the ruts that all of us who are interested in this field could easily get stuck in. It's one of the reasons some of these nutjobs progress to some of the silly ideas they get to. And I know I whined about them being too hard on Stanton but then I realized I wasn't in the right on that, even the "ufology pope" needs to be questioned to keep things honest. I think bully is a strong word, I don't see any of that in Jersey's posts, he's just stating his honest opinion, which is what these boards seem to be all about.

And you definately don't have to apologize for being a C2C listener Lone Gunman, I still listen to Jerry Pippen, paranormal cafe, black vault radio and Streibers dreamland on ocassion. Definately doesn't make me a disciple of any of those shows viewpoints, as only one of those can purport to having more credibility than c2c, but it's interesting to get different points of views on this issue, even some nutty ones.

Admittedly, I've pretty much ditched the other ones since I found this show, but I'll still go back and listen, especially now that I've caught up with the archives here. I'm just glad I found this one, it was just by accident trying to find Guy Malones show Live from Roswell.

From Lone Gunman
I don't think being a Coast to Coast listener should brand me with a scarlet letter. Some of it I really like, some of it I hate, and some I ignore. No I don't want all the same guests on both shows because I do realize that they're different.
Didn't intend to brand you anything. I also occasionally listen to C2C. (Michio Kaku is always a homerun!) I was addressing C2C's message boards and what many saw as their relentless conspiracy myth politicizing, and how The Paracast is an entirely different sort of program and forum. I am expressing my personal opinion. I don't want to see The Paracast--either the program or the forum--converted into another C2C.

Btw, I would've suggested John Greenewald as a suggested guest but kudos to you guys you already have him scheduled! Thats pretty awesome, my two favorite paranormal internet shows combined. His show is the only one I considered to have any credibility prior to stumbling across the paracast. Not to mention the vast quantity of information available to peruse at his website.

David Biedny said:
We have decided to stay away fom the 9.11 stuff, simply for the reason that it has nothing to do with the realm of the paranormal - it's politics, and we are not a political show. That said, anyone who listens certainly realizes that I'm somewhat vocal about my own political beliefs and stance, and it's bad enough that this sometimes seeps into the conversation. My political views would probably make for a good left-wing radio show, but all 14 people left in the US who would listen to such a show are simply not enough of an audience to serve.

dB

Oh well. I am disapointed because I feel the topic is very important, but I understand because as you say it is not of the paranormal. I would listen if you did a political show though. :)

cottonzway said:
Oh well. I am disapointed because I feel the topic is very important, but I understand because as you say it is not of the paranormal. I would listen if you did a political show though. :)

We'll just have to wait for someone to tie in 9/11 with the UFO cover-up...:cool:

Rick Deckard said:
We'll just have to wait for someone to tie in 9/11 with the UFO cover-up...:cool:

I know you are joking but that is EXACTLY what this isses does not need. They have already been attempted BTW to make ties to the 9/11 subject to paranormal activity to create strawmen arguements to demonize debate about the topic.

Ah, another guy popped in my head for the list of people who would be interesting to interview: Jan Lamprecht of South Africa. He uses seismological data to support the premise that there is a large hollow cavity within the earth. He also wrote a book called "Hollow Planets: A Feasibility Study of Possible Hollow Worlds".

Would be an interesting interview I'd wager.

Jersey John said:
Some of the suggestions posted for guests are more inclined towards the countless conspiracy theories which abound NOT paranormal topics.

Dude, there's a category in the message board entitled "Conspiracy Theories". Check it out. Therefore, I don't think it's crazy to assume to that it's a subject related to this show.

Notice there is no category labeled "Ducks". If someone recommends a duck expert to interview, you should speak up.

Jersey John said:
With very few exceptions these myths have been refuted time after time by very reliable experts. They are little more than pseudo-political meanderings.

You're making meaningless statements. There exists no scientific criteria to measure reliability, thus these nameless "reliable experts" that you cite are entirely subjective. I can trot out just as many "reliable experts" that support these conspiracy theories that you find so loony.

Your comments are not the comments of a skeptic. Like soooooo many others, they are the comments of a religious zealot. A defender of our mighty western civilization and its "conquering" of the world's mysteries.

I would like to think that people who have seriously looked into paranormal subjects would come to realize that the world may not be how it appears.

BrandonD wrote...
Your comments are not the comments of a skeptic. Like soooooo many others, they are the comments of a religious zealot. A defender of our mighty western civilization and its "conquering" of the world's mysteries.
In case you missed David's post from a few days ago...

We have decided to stay away fom the 9.11 stuff, simply for the reason that it has nothing to do with the realm of the paranormal - it's politics, and we are not a political show.
That was the only point I was trying to make. These are political issues. As I see it, the conspiracy believers typically start with a political persuasion, then develop a set of "facts" which conveniently fit into that world view. I have never seen a conspiracy myth which hasn't been taken to task by credible and formidable evidence to the contrary, and that is certainly true with respect to 9/11. On the other hand it seems that conspiracy buffs have never seen a conspiracy they didn't like.

Frankly, I'm perfectly fine with your being a conspiracy buff. There are a thousand shows loaded with endless conspiracies, from fake moon landings to JFK to Building 7. My point was that--my personal opinion--in response to the suggestions to introduce conspiracy-related guests to The Paracast, I did not want to see that bent added to THIS show. I personally find conspiracy stories boring and uninformative. From the volume of other shows reveling in endless conspiracy tales, I understand that there are many who find them scintillating. So be it. But from my perspective I hope conspiracy tales never make their way onto The Paracast unless it's done with honest-to-God point-counterpoint experts with varying positions and the time to fully examine and discuss those positions in a spirit of true exploration (as opposed to lobbying for followers and believers).

As to being a "religious zealot", that's hardly the case.

I would have to say to someone like “Jersey John” that I find comments like calling people who question the events of 9/11 “Kooks” on a site that revolves around the paranormal is really odd. So you have an open mind enough to question if beings from either another planet or another dimension are frequenting our planet but that human beings can’t do things on Earth against the general public? That is so odd to me on so may levels. Corrupt governments and human beings are a proven point in history and UFOs are not. How on earth can you have an open mind to come to a site like the Paracast forums that is in large part a question to the unknown (the paranormal) but have the nerve to insult people who question proven reality (compromised human beings) that has been shown to be reality since modern man? I just find it odd that people who have the open mind to question issues that are open speculation and demonize those who question things that are proven in humanity. It’s really odd to me.

Jersey John said:
Frankly, I'm perfectly fine with your being a conspiracy buff. There are a thousand shows loaded with endless conspiracies, from fake moon landings to JFK to Building 7. My point was that--my personal opinion--in response to the suggestions to introduce conspiracy-related guests to The Paracast, I did not want to see that bent added to THIS show. I personally find conspiracy stories boring and uninformative. From the volume of other shows reveling in endless conspiracy tales, I understand that there are many who find them scintillating.

Erm, isn't the whole "UFO cover-up" a conspiracy theory?

In order...

cottonzway, I'd characterize someone as a "kook" when compelling evidence draws a rational conclusion and one continues to cling to myths in contradiction of that compelling evidence because it suits their political agenda or world view. That is what cults of every ilk are founded and rely upon. Perhaps "kook" is too strong a word, and unkind at best. If so, sorry!

Rick Deckard, I thought I was quite clear that I was addressing political (i.e., those which start from a political premise then construct "facts" to support that premise in the context of a particular event or series of events) conspiracy myths, and I think you're capable of understanding that distinction. On the other hand, the "UFO cover-up" is only a conspiracy if you accept that there has, in fact, been a goverment-orchestrated cover-up. As far as I'm concerned the jury is very much out on that question, although I'd acknowledge rational people might argue otherwise.

Folks,

I'll add some thoughts to this thread:

- Anyone who thinks that the US government isn't involved in some way in the events of 9.11 is simply in denial, or not really paying attention. To what extent, I'm not sure we'll ever know, but at the least, the Neocons let it go down to further the PNAC agenda. Recent rumblings about another staged event have me extremely nervous - if one looks at the recent legislation being pushed by the criminals in charge of the US government, it's pretty clear that they are setting up a nasty situation and will subsequently attempt an overt overthrow of what's left of the government, and a total destruction of the US Constitution. All the pieces are in place, and again, if you think this is a paranoid opinion, you haven't been paying attention.

- There is indeed a section on these forums devoted to conspiracy theories, but in no way does that suggest that political conspiracies will ever be covered in the radio portion of the show.

- Someday, I might be convinced to talk about my own thoughts about how these two different worlds interact, and then everyone will really think I've lost it.

Carry on.

David Biedny said:
Folks,

- Anyone who thinks that the US government isn't involved in some way in the events of 9.11 is simply in denial, or not really paying attention. To what extent, I'm not sure we'll ever know, but at the least, the Neocons let it go down to further the PNAC agenda. Recent rumblings about another staged event have me extremely nervous - if one looks at the recent legislation being pushed by the criminals in charge of the US government, it's pretty clear that they are setting up a nasty situation and will subsequently attempt an overt overthrow of what's left of the government, and a total destruction of the US Constitution. All the pieces are in place, and again, if you think this is a paranoid opinion, you haven't been paying attention.

- There is indeed a section on these forums devoted to conspiracy theories, but in no way does that suggest that political conspiracies will ever be covered in the radio portion of the show.

- Someday, I might be convinced to talk about my own thoughts about how these two different worlds interact, and then everyone will really think I've lost it.

Carry on.

Quite frankly David. I feel it is essential that you do at least one program on these issues. I may not agree with everything you say but I believe that an airing of any evidense needs to be presented. I would rather hear it here than on some of the other shows that are floating about out there.

David Biedny said:
Folks,

Carry on.

The legislation that has been in government since 9/11 might be worst to this country then the event. That is because they allow things to be set up in this coutnry that happened in places in history that NONE of us want to be in. When you look at:

- US Patroit Act 1.5 (Section 802)
- The Military Commission Act HR 6166
- The John Warner Defense Authorization Act HR 5122
- Exective Orders (10990, 10995, 10997, 10998, 10999, 11000, 11001, 11002, 11003, 11004, 11005, 11051, 11310, 11049, and 11921)
- Directive 51

It's a great cause for concern to every single person in the US.

As for the 9/11 events the place that has the most common sense to look at to see we have been lied to is the 9/11 Commission Report. When that pack of crooks says things like; "The source of the funds to the 9/11 events is of little importance" and put it in the report it says to any reasonable person that there was no desire to find out what happened. Only to create a pre-made story fit around bogus info while suppressing legit information.

I was really shocked when I head talks about 9/11 on the Paracast but I fully understand why this topic isn't being talked about on the show. That's because it's not paranormal in any way (though some of these ghouls are more frighting then any "ghost or monster" that can be talked about because they are evil human beings) and this is an excellent paranormal show. I would say for selfish reasons I would love to hear it covered but it doesn't have anything to do with the idea of the show so I understand the reasoning.

ondafritz said:
Quite frankly David. I feel it is essential that you do at least one program on these issues. I may not agree with everything you say but I believe that an airing of any evidense needs to be presented. I would rather hear it here than on some of the other shows that are floating about out there.

Duly noted, but I disagree that it's "essential". This is an important topic, but NOT for this program. I appreciate that you value our approach, and I hope you appreciate that I am personally very interested in these topics, but I'm also deeply involved in electric guitars, synthesizers, graphics and animation software, and Radiohead. None of these are likely to be covered to any degree on The Paracast. That's the deal.

Back