• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Strange things afoot ..drawing parallels..Paranoid!

I have a heater in the bathroom in my room that keeps turning on by itself. I can tell when its on because it is a space heater and its really been freaking me out. A little more subtle than a lighter though, cause in less I go in the bathroom when its on I can't tell anything different.

I have a heater in the bathroom in my room that keeps turning on by itself. I can tell when its on because it is a space heater and its really been freaking me out. A little more subtle than a lighter though, cause in less I go in the bathroom when its on I can't tell anything different.
My parents house has a ghost that jacks with the thermostat, usually when someone is there alone.
I've also been freaked out by a smoke-alarm that would not turn off. I took out the battery and ripped it from the ceiling and it kept going off with no power going to it! I dunked it in a sink full of water and it finally died after about 10 seconds.

Are you attributing this to something paranormal, or might this not be an electrical fault in the heater itself?

Zippos can blow up like a mini grenade. I worked in a welding shop where a guy got killed when one popped in his shirt pocket.

both can blow up on their own, though a zippo would be far more dangerous, what with it being made of metal and all. What a welder was doing with a zippo in his pocket is beyond me though, generally not a good idea, especially if he's an arc welder or using argon.

What a welder was doing with a zippo in his pocket is beyond me though, generally not a good idea, especially if he's an arc welder or using argon.
He was laying on his back cutting a vessel with a torch. Hot piece of back-splatter landed in his pocket. Zippo go boom. Hindsight doesn't mean much when you're dead.

I am not sure how to find out it is caused by electrical fault. Do you have any suggestions?

First, I would replace the heater. If it still happens, then that would suggest the heater is not at fault and you might have something. If it stops happening, your answer is that the heater is malfunctioning.

So can certain makes and models of Ford trucks. (Nothing paranormal implied.)
Pintos were more dangerous to handle than an old case of dynamite.

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Glcj0szvevU&hl=en&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Glcj0szvevU&hl=en&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

both can blow up on their own, though a zippo would be far more dangerous, what with it being made of metal and all. What a welder was doing with a zippo in his pocket is beyond me though, generally not a good idea, especially if he's an arc welder or using argon.

Argon is not flammable, it is inert, used as a shield gas, it keeps the tungsten in a Tungsten Inert Gas or TIG welder from rapidly oxydizing. Acting much like the vacuum of a light bulb insulates the tungsten wire inside it producing heat and light when current is run through it.

Perhaps you were thinking about oxy-acetylene?

Either way the guy is an idiot for keeping a zippo in his pocket.

Bic or Zippo? That's fucked up either way.

BTW, thanks for the paranoid, I'm rocking out right now.

It was a child proof BIC! and it was two-minutes minimum that it was on the table just sittting there before it flared out in three seperate places.

Argon is not flammable, it is inert, used as a shield gas, it keeps the tungsten in a Tungsten Inert Gas or TIG welder from rapidly oxydizing. Acting much like the vacuum of a light bulb insulates the tungsten wire inside it producing heat and light when current is run through it.

yeah, brain fart, oxy-acetylene torches.

My dad has a metal fab shop. My brother and I made a kick-ass oxy-acetylene cannon out of a 10 foot section of 8" steel pipe. I'm sure you've seen a potato cannon. Imagine a potato cannon that can kill Godzilla. All we ever shot out of it was cabbages and canteloupes, but it would blast them out of sight.
I got the idea after I saw my dad, having seen a rat run into a large pipe on rack, hold a cutting torch in the end of the pipe, filling it with gas for about 10 seconds. He then lit the torch and waved it over the end of the pipe. Apparently the thing was full of rats and they blasted against the back wall of the building like a big meat cannon ball.

Back