• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Strange CCTV UFO footage

It more looks like something that people saw at the Skinwalker ranch - a portal, rather than a physical object. Weird. I wonder what MUFON video experts will be able to make of it.

My guess is viral video.
The "news" channel has no station identification, and the reporters are not really identified.
I tried checking out MUFON's website, but that site is about as user friendly as a badger.
I'll check elsewhere.

My guess is viral video.
The "news" channel has no station identification, and the reporters are not really identified.
I tried checking out MUFON's website, but that site is about as user friendly as a badger.
I'll check elsewhere.
Updated:

A reasonable assumption based on the lack of a visible station ID, however the reporter was introduced at the start as NBC's Rick Ritter.
You might want to check this out further:
http://www.nbc-2.com/story/19585749/rick-ritter

I'm abandoning the idea that it was staged and now I'm thinking that it looks like some liquid that's dripped down onto the camera housing from plant directly above it causing a big droplet like distortion that reflected light back into the lens. The general shape is very much like a big droplet being blown and spreading out around the domed housing ( BTW is anybody watching Under The Dome ), and if you look at the top of the frame just as the shape appears, you can even see it land and spread down over the housing. This would also explain the gradual dissipation. The "dipping down into the pool" is probably just an illusion. The video was posted on the 10th, and it had been raining August 7th, 8th and 9th, with some wind, and we can also see that it looks like the leaves are being blown a bit. The more times you look at it the more you will see that it looks more like a security camera in the rain than a UFO. In fact, as @Artyom pointed out, it doesn't look like a UFO at all. But even if there was no rain on that particular night, then it still could have come from manual or automatic watering of the plants above the camera.

Last edited:
Updated:

A reasonable assumption based on the lack of a visible station ID, however the reporter was introduced at the start as NBC's Rick Ritter.
You might want to check this out further:
http://www.nbc-2.com/story/19585749/rick-ritter

I'm abandoning the idea that it was staged and now I'm thinking that it looks like some liquid that's dripped down onto the camera housing from plant directly above it causing a big droplet like distortion that reflected light back into the lens. The general shape is very much like a big droplet being blown and spreading out around the domed housing ( BTW is anybody watching Under The Dome ), and if you look at the top of the frame just as the shape appears, you can even see it land and spread down over the housing. This would also explain the gradual dissipation. The "dipping down into the pool" is probably just an illusion. The video was posted on the 10th, and it had been raining August 7th, 8th and 9th, with some wind, and we can also see that it looks like the leaves are being blown a bit. The more times you look at it the more you will see that it looks more like a security camera in the rain than a UFO. In fact, as @Artyom pointed out, it doesn't look like a UFO at all. But even if there was no rain on that particular night, then it still could have come from manual or automatic watering of the plants above the camera.

I see that it was channel 2 news, and apparently Rick Ritter is legit.
What threw me was our local news channels plaster their call signs all over the screen.
I agree with the water splotch hypothesis, but wouldn't that be a rather common thing to happen to the camera? I would think someone should have seen something like that in the past.

I see that it was channel 2 news, and apparently Rick Ritter is legit.
What threw me was our local news channels plaster their call signs all over the screen.
I agree with the water splotch hypothesis, but wouldn't that be a rather common thing to happen to the camera? I would think someone should have seen something like that in the past.

The power of suggestion combined with something a bit out of the ordinary can lead to all kinds of wild speculation beyond the obvious. If the clip had been introduced as "water causes strange video effects on security camera", we'd have never questioned it. But throw in "UFO" and presto! eighteen thousand hits and Google ad revenue.

I passed this story up this morning because it was obvious light play on a water drop. I mean look how windy it is, and it was raining. They even show a shot of the camera dome. Also that woman is a moron.

Goggs....has anyone told you that ship tower in the background of your avatar picture looks strangely like a robotic statue of liberty? Or maybe a Transformer?:)

Nope, you're the first! Now you mention it, I can see both those things. By the way, it's a Gattling gun, a Dutch one that is similar to the American 'Phalanx'. It actually twitches like it has AI when it is on, very much like the robot that goes mad at the start of Robocop. Very creepy.

Back