• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Steven Greer

I heard the part about his reaction to the money... i missed a few minutes of the greer interview tho. near as i could tell it was basically a repeat interview and a waste of time. i hoped he would have addressed ALL the questions and comments on the forums pertaining to him.

i will take the time to listen again to this interview. greer was my hero for awhile. now... not so much.

I'm in agreement that ufos isn't a place to go to get rich. One of the few disagreements I have with some others in the field I respect. One need not bring money into things such as MH and Greer are concerned. There is enough damning evidence for those two aside from money. Stanton Friedman is a good researcher and makes money and does a lot of book plugs. Having said that, Greer's prices are very step and has made me wonder still.

I found it distasteful he told Gene he is wrong and doesn't know what he's talking about toward the end of the show. Greer has proven to not know what he's talking about in the past.

Was the Nasa claim and vids Greer has claimed to have been made (vectoring in ufos) dealt with? I get the impression that parts of the shows are missing when I listen to the archvied program. I was bored during much of the show so perhaps my mind wandered and missed it. Me being bored isn't a sign of a bad show, just a sign of me having been there done that with Greer and his word having little weight with me.

The link I posted in this thread, dealing with the disclosure project vids needed updated I just found out. I put in a new link that now sends you to a page with the vids. Hopefully the link hasn't been outdated too long.

Mindsky said:
I'm in agreement that ufos isn't a place to go to get rich. One of the few disagreements I have with some others in the field I respect. One need not bring money into things such as MH and Greer are concerned. There is enough damning evidence for those two aside from money. Stanton Friedman is a good researcher and makes money and does a lot of book plugs. Having said that, Greer's prices are very step and has made me wonder still.

I found it distasteful he told Gene he is wrong and doesn't know what he's talking about toward the end of the show. Greer has proven to not know what he's talking about in the past.

Was the Nasa claim and vids Greer has claimed to have been made (vectoring in ufos) dealt with? I get the impression that parts of the shows are missing when I listen to the archvied program. I was bored during much of the show so perhaps my mind wandered and missed it. Me being bored isn't a sign of a bad show, just a sign of me having been there done that with Greer and his word having little weight with me.

The link I posted in this thread, dealing with the disclosure project vids needed updated I just found out. I put in a new link that now sends you to a page with the vids. Hopefully the link hasn't been outdated too long.

Just so there is no confusion about this: The archived show, the on-demand show, the streamed show and the one broadcast in Las Vegas are essentially the same. By "essentially," I mean that the show broadcast on terrestrial radio has an extra bumper at the mid-point to separate the first and second portions of an episode. This allows them to insert their own content, such as local spots, news and so forth. No actual interview content is ever removed.

my itunes subscription only posted the first half. i had to go to the paracast home page to hear the rest of the interview.

i really wanted to like this guy... he is getting right up there in his credibility with you know who.

pixelsmith said:
my itunes subscription only posted the first half. i had to go to the paracast home page to hear the rest of the interview.

i really wanted to like this guy... he is getting right up there in his credibility with you know who.

Strange. iTunes should be sending the full show, since it's the same file that we have in our archive (they only provide links to the broadcasts). If you encounter this again, try a second time, and let me know whether that solves the problem.

The Podcast only went to a particular point where it cut Jeff off at a total time of 1:06:42 to be exact. I am listening to the rest of Jeff's part now.

As for Dr. Greer I think there are two sides of him. There is the side of the Disclosure Project that has to at least be respected for the sheer amount of info he has brought to the table. So regardless of what we all think of him we have to give him credit for that alone.

Now the C-SETI side is where many of us question Dr. Greer. I think with we do that for valid reasons. I openly question this. As has been stated I have a hard time getting past the whole "closure" of things by a man who runs the Disclosure Project. That sends up reg flags to me. I wish Dr. Greer would be open about this and explain this to the masses for his own good.

Gene & David,

Wow. I had to listen to this show twice!

Thank you for asking Dr. Greer about some of the topics that I raised on the other forum posting. I was surprised that he said "Who asked that question!" and felt pretty good about his reaction to the field trip fund allocation question. Nice to see that a little skepticism can rattle his cage! Oh yeah, do you guys think that he will ever "disclose" the other 98 hours of expert testimony? If the released 2 hour version is entertaining, the rest must be the good stuff, but that would mean he would actually have to be consistent in both words and actions...

Secondly, the second hour of the show was brilliant. I really enjoyed Jeff's comments and take on the UFO subject. CSETI is a cult and the Disclosure Project has gone terribly off the rails.

Nice job guys!

I don't think Steven Greer was telling Gene he didn't know what he was talking about.

I think he was assuming that it was a user posted question that Gene was asking.

I don't know if Steven Greer merits this kind of question after what he has done, and Gene Steinberg being a journalist taken for a nobody beacause of his scepticism to me it doesn't make sense.

I think both of them should clarify themselves.
Come on two intellingent men as you, could handel this situation better that.

About the letter on ufowatchdog.com - my response is "so what?"

Let me clarify - I have my doubts about Dr. Greer, but I have no idea how publishing that letter helps. If I wanted to discredit an individual, I don't think it would be that difficult to write such a letter.

If all of the people that signed that letter thought Dr. Greer was a liar then why would they even respond at all to him? It's almost like they did it to cover their own asses. First of all if you have Dr. Greer over to your house for a dinner party its pretty obvious that you are going to talk about UFO's, aliens, etc and I find it quite amazing that a former CIA director would have someone like Dr. Greer over for a "dinner party" and in the letter he has verified doing just that! It did happen! Now don't get me wrong - I have my doubts about Dr. Greer as well, but why hasn't James Woolsey ever made a public statement about this dinner party to deny what Dr. Greer has stated? He just writes up a letter, a "document", to make everything "official". Why hasn't he been on one of the radio shows that Dr. Greer has been on and denied this? I mean he obviously is interested in UFOs and aliens and that sort of thing - hell he had Dr. Greer over to his house for dinner party!

"Hey, Honey, Dr. Greer is going to come over for dinner tonight and we aren't going to talk about UFO's or aliens or secret government/black ops stuff or anything of the sort so I was wondering, what are you making us?" haha I bet they don't even remember.

MJW,

The way I read that letter the CIA director was saying that Dr Greer was at a table that the four of them shared at someone else's dinner party (or maybe a function?), not that they had invited him over for dinner.

So, we should discount Greer and The Disclosure Project because a letter has 'turned up' that challenges his version of a 'briefing'?

I still haven't made my mind up about Greer's current motives, but I find his 500 page project briefing and the witness testimony videos more compelling than a letter that, as far as I know, has not been authenticated.

Have you viewed the witness testimony videos and read the project briefing document, Paul?

Rick Deckard said:
So, we should discount Greer and The Disclosure Project because a letter has 'turned up' that challenges his version of a 'briefing'?

I still haven't made my mind up about Greer's current motives, but I find his 500 page project briefing and the witness testimony videos more compelling than a letter that, as far as I know, has not been authenticated.

Have you viewed the witness testimony videos and read the project briefing document, Paul?

Dr. Greer has done more harm to the serious study of the UFO phenomenon than anyone else in the past twenty years (and that's quite a feat, considering how many "anyone else's" there are out there). The woolsey affair is small potatoes compared to some of the other stuff he's done, but it is indicative of what he's really like. The worst part is that there are some good witnesses (some of whom I've interviewed personally - I also interviewed Greer for a film back in 2001, but didn't use him because I didn't want to undermine the credibility of the rest of the people by linking them to Greer in any way, shape or form) within the DP group, but their accounts are tarnished because they're linked to Greer, his group, and the frauds that were also included in the DP. You're only as good as your weakest link in the evidentiary chain.

Paul

Paul,
Do you think any human being on this planet has ever made real contact with an extra-terrestrial being? And if so under what circumstances do you believe contact was made?

paulkimball said:
Dr. Greer has done more harm to the serious study of the UFO phenomenon than anyone else in the past twenty years (and that's quite a feat, considering how many "anyone else's" there are out there). The woolsey affair is small potatoes compared to some of the other stuff he's done, but it is indicative of what he's really like. The worst part is that there are some good witnesses (some of whom I've interviewed personally - I also interviewed Greer for a film back in 2001, but didn't use him because I didn't want to undermine the credibility of the rest of the people by linking them to Greer in any way, shape or form) within the DP group, but their accounts are tarnished because they're linked to Greer, his group, and the frauds that were also included in the DP. You're only as good as your weakest link in the evidentiary chain.

Paul

I agree with Paul, but not with Greer being the king of harm above all others the past 20. Hard to quantify, but I think Ray Santilli and goon hoaxers have done more damage.

Greer is like Art Bell. Occasionally does some good, but more often is a HUGE embarrassment.

paulkimball said:
Paul

While I don't agree with Greer on every issue, to say that he's been the biggest embarrassment to ufology in the last 20 years is an overstatement. I find that typical for the "serious ufology" movement who in my opinion are one part researchers and two parts skeptibunkers. Kimball's comments are heavily slanted towards the negative approach. The positive angle to Greer's work like presenting credible witnesses and reaching the publicity on the subject of ufology, is severely downplayed and emphasis is laid on the negative using some very questionable methods.

If one persons testimony doesn't check out, does that mean the entire project is 100% wrong? That's putting everything on one pile and dismiss it. If a G.I. in Iraq goes bezerk and shoots a couple of none-combatants, does that mean the entire U.S. Army are child muderers? Of course not, but a similar thing is done by some "serious ufologists". I've seen Kevin Randle try to pull the same stunt by commenting that if one contactee lied, doesn't that make them all suspect of lying? I find that toiletseat-thinking and armchair quarterbacking.

Perhaps a new topic can be made on the forum, "serious ufology". Because despite their goal of making ufology 'serious', these same people employ some questionable methods.

mjw said:
Paul,
Do you think any human being on this planet has ever made real contact with an extra-terrestrial being? And if so under what circumstances do you believe contact was made?

MJW:

I can't answer that question, because the evidence is inconclusive, to say the least. The best answer I can give is to say that I couldn't prove alien contact in a court of law (or anywhere else), in front of a jury of twelve reasonable people... and neither could anyone else. This of course renders moot the question of under what circumstances contact was made .

Paul

Back