• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Star Trek

My concern about Patrick Stewart is that he both looks and sounds old. He has lost his old vigor and enthusiasm, and that detracts from the presentation. I have four more episodes left in season two of Picard. I know a couple of things about what is to occur, but no spoilers please.

My concern about Patrick Stewart is that he both looks and sounds old. He has lost his old vigor and enthusiasm, and that detracts from the presentation. I have four more episodes left in season two of Picard. I know a couple of things about what is to occur, but no spoilers please.
As I told you previously I would never spoil it for you but the last episode is fantastic.
I always thought that Timothy Dalton who was the fourth James Bond would be a good replacement for Patrick Stewart as they look and sound the same.

I suppose. But in retrospect, the casting of Patrick Stewart worked, as much as it may have seemed unusual for its time. I understand he actually lived out of a suitcase for the early days of the show because he didn't believe it would be successful and he'd become well off. After earning a pittance until his 40s, he is now worth an estimated $70 million. Maybe he should donate a few million to UFO research. :)

I suppose. But in retrospect, the casting of Patrick Stewart worked, as much as it may have seemed unusual for its time. I understand he actually lived out of a suitcase for the early days of the show because he didn't believe it would be successful and he'd become well off. After earning a pittance until his 40s, he is now worth an estimated $70 million. Maybe he should donate a few million to UFO research. :)
Oh I completely understand that Patrick Stewart was and is the best option for Picard.
The point is if Patrick Stewart ever decided to step down Timothy Dalton would be a good replacement.

Meantime I've been watching the Next Generation episodes (near the end of Season 6). It is remarkable how well they hold up after 30 years.
Heh, especially its fun in the 1st episode (pilot??) - there are men wearing dresses walking around the Enterprise! For some reason that did not happen in any later ones.

Myself I had an idea to watch Babylon 5 again...

Notice he actually doesn't explain why Alley didn't return to the role.

Her replacement, Robin Curtis, was adequate, and her show business career has been erratic.

From IMDB: "Since 2004, she has worked successfully as a real estate agent in Manlius, New York in addition to her acting career."

I suppose her best deals are strictly logical. :)

Back