• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Sri

Bixyboo

Skilled Investigator
Hey all,

Just learned somethin' interesting: Did you know that Ingo Swann, Pat Price and Hal Puthoff, all part of SRI (they were three very supposed accurate remote viewers and the government was interested in them and used them for their own experiments)...were all $cientologists?

THIS fact is sort of strange for me, too, because you were not allowed to ever be a Reporter of any kind, or work for certain Military/Government jobs and be one, so it perplexes me that they all worked with the CIA,etc and were still scns...but this was back in the 1970's, *shrug*

But interesting, nonetheless!

Anybody here met any of them? I know Pat Price died, Ingo is still alive I think tho. (Don't know about Hal), don't know if Ingo and Hal are still scn's or not, I highly doubt it!

One of the theories that I heard about these three was that the government was studying them for their 'OT abilities' and when the gov't was scared because Pat could read secrets in closed file cabinets, etc, then the gov't purposely messed up these high $cn levels so that more people who did them couldn't then gain the same 'powers' lol, what a line of malarchy, but ok.....

Anyways: What do you all think of them and remote viewing in general?

I'm not doubting that maybe those three didn't have this ability naturally, but it certainly wasn't thru $cn, lol! :rolleyes:

Remote viewing is a practical joke. Unfortunately, no one seems to have let modern day "psychics" in on the joke. In my opinion, I'm sure there may be some truth behind the stories government agencies dabbling in the prospect of remote viewing, but I highly doubt it was effective...or even existed.

Seems to me, people who claim to be able to remotely view areas will simply guess. I was amongst a group of people who claimed to be able to perform remote viewing and it amazed me at how accurate they were in areas they were familiar with (who'd a thunk it!) but they failed miserably when tested in areas they had never visited.

Some also claimed to be able see inside objects and tell you the contents. Unfortunately, none were ever able to perform this ability. I asked them what the contents were from the trunk on my 71 Pacer and all I got was the usual "I sense a spare tyre and tools". No really? A spare tyre and tools? Wow! Now tell me about the dead hitchhiker in the garbage bags.

I honestly believe anyone who believes they can perform remote viewing is deluding themselves.

If one can even find Swann's books and then be able to afford them, they're great reading. But even he knows that remote viewing has its drawbacks, for most people anyway. Though Pat Price was supposed to be the most capable RVer, I do believe Ingo was the most inventive. His book, Psychic Sexuality, is an incredible read. Spooked me. :D

Hal is still essentially working for the government, in my estimation. He lives and works in Austin, Texas. He's trying to get a grip on antigravity propulsion and the institution he works for is loosely tied to the University of Texas. At least that's what I've read online. Could have been misreported.

Thanks, 371. I'd forgotten Penetration was available in PDF. Think I even printed it and it's lying around somewhere. If I were psychic, I might even find it.

Psychic Sexuality is more about some of the mechanics of psychic ability, but the message, at least to me, was really dark. Found I don't wish for anything more than a flash when I need it, like that quiet voice telling me to take an extra set of keys to work since I will lose one set.

One can lose himself in experimentation. Might as well call it insanity, in fact.

SRI-Ingo Swan

Hey all,

Anybody here met any of them? I know Pat Price died, Ingo is still alive I think tho. (Don't know about Hal), don't know if Ingo and Hal are still scn's or not, I highly doubt it!

Anyways: What do you all think of them and remote viewing in general?

I'm not doubting that maybe those three didn't have this ability naturally, but it certainly wasn't thru $cn, lol! :rolleyes:

Hi Bixyboo. To answer your question, yes I know Ingo. A number of years ago I was giving a talk in New Jersey concerning my moon research and Ingo came down from New York to hear me. He had family out here in Calf. and several years ago came out here to see them. We had dinner at a really nice Italian resturant in Burbank where we had an "hours long" chat about the moon. Ingo wrote a book titled "Penetration" about his remote viewing, his teaching it, and a deep black org. (intelligence) that used him to remotely view the moon. If you can find it, try to get a copy ... a real mind blower.

Do I think he has the "Jazz"? Oh, you better believe I do. Actually I think all we humans have the potential, but Ingo has it in spades. I called him a few months ago and while not sure, I think he might have some health issues. Oh yes, I believe he is the real deal.

Decker

PS There is a photo of Ingo and me on my "paper" 20 Years in the UFO Fog up on my blog Dark Matters Radio. The link is in my post "Radio is fun and easy too."

Wow, Decker! Thanks for the info! Do you know if he's still a scn? (Just curious).

Regardless: I hope he gets well, soon!

I'll have to read his book soon:) (or if someone could email me a link to it, don't know how to use the link here to view it).

Remote viewing is a practical joke. Unfortunately, no one seems to have let modern day "psychics" in on the joke. In my opinion, I'm sure there may be some truth behind the stories government agencies dabbling in the prospect of remote viewing, but I highly doubt it was effective...or even existed.

No joke. The US government spent at least 20 million on the project. It did exist.

That said, I can't find any evidence that remote viewing is anything but a joke. Ironic, I know it. I won't say something like this is impossible (it might be) but where is the evidence? Why couldn't we show that it had been used in some meaningful way?? I've said this before, but where is Bin Laden??

If someone has any evidence that it actually works please share.

And Bixyboo what is SRI and $cn?? Scientology something or another??

Sorry Hijacked. SRI = Stanford Research Institute, $scn is bixy's shorthand for um that other thing you mentioned.

Thanks, Schuyler. TCL: That info Schulyer gave ya is correct. I still gotta get out of my acronyms, but I post it as $cn for more reasons than one, but back to the topic at hand.....:p

Those who develop any of the "psychic" arts to a high standard, usually are also ethically mature enough to not sell themselves and their gifts out to the highest bidder, i.e. governments or shady organisations.

In a nutshell - If you abuse it, you loose it.

Misuse of "psychic" gifts is always doomed to fail, it is a natural law.

I think there is some legit info out there for consideration with this topic, though so much is comes from crazy folks who are frauds. I do think a man like General Albert Stubblebine is worth listening to based on his previous job for the US military. It gives him a lot more credibility IMO.

...were all $cientologists?

From memory, my past survey of a bunch of RV material says Swann and Price were accurate-ish but I don't believe Puthoff ever claimed to be a star RV'er. While $cn would usually be a giant red flag I think you should consider it in the context of young guys living and working on deeply fringe stuff in California in the 1970's. They were likely dabbling in a bunch of different esoteric scenes in the climate of the day and I don't think $cn had yet morphed into what it would eventually become. I may be mistaken but I don't think a $cn conspiracy angle is warranted here.

As I try to not outright "believe" in things I will just say that from the reading I've done, the interviews and lectures I've listened to, along with some personal experimentation, I'm currently 90% convinced that there is definitely something to it but I can also see how problematic it is and how deeply provocative the implications are.

It seems like the stars of RV'ing can sometimes be so spectacularly dead on that you can safely rule out chance guessing. It's just not a serious criticism in my view. However, what do you if somebody is absolutely accurate half of the time and completely wrong the other half and you never can tell until it's later verified?

My observation has been that most people who hear of RV and the Stargate program approach it with their preconceptions of what a psychic is supposed to be able to do. Apparently "real" psychics are supposed to accurately predict lottery numbers 100% of the time or otherwise they are fakes. It seems more accurate to me to liken the process to somebody watching a silent television with vaseline smeared onto the lenses of their eyeglasses. There is some information transfer happening and often times they can accurately give you the gist of what is going on but can't distinguish between Elvis and Liberace. What exactly are you supposed to do with an ability like that?

I've read what I consider to be serious accounts that Price and Swann are the real deal. However, Price also claimed that he RV'd 4 underground alien bases: Mt. Perdido in the Pyrnees, Mt. Inyangani in Zimbabwe, Mt. Hayes in Alaska and Mt. Ziel in Australia. I haven't read Swann's Penetration yet (thanks for the torrent link) but I'm led to believe that in it he claims there are human looking ET's on the moon doing some mining. How do you reconcile that with Vallee describing his involvement with early RV experiments in which some of the star RV'ers were able to very accurately describe some characteristics of concealed and randomized mineral samples?

It's fascinating, poorly understood, the best RV'ers/psychics are very often completely wrong and whole thing needs to be studied more. I definitely wouldn't be following any psychic stock tips.

TClaeys said:
That said, I can't find any evidence that remote viewing is anything but a joke.

Citing all the references that have led to my current opinion is a bit more effort than I'm ready to put into a forum post atm but I'd initially suggest reading Mind-Reach by Targ/Puthoff and Mind Trek by McMoneagle and I think you may have difficulty generalizing the subject as a complete joke. Certainly there are many jokers with many claims involved in the subject but if you are really interested you'll need to do some reading. If you are looking for scientific, repeatable, on-demand laboratory proof you aren't gonna find it but in my view there is enough out there to suggest that it merits furthur study.

Back