• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

SR-71 RC model - with JET ENGINE!

I remember seeing the poster you are talking about. It is all wet on the floor i was told the SR71 is always leaking untill it gets up there and closes the gaps.
Cheers John.

Yep! That's the one! I wish I could find that again....can't believe I didn't keep it! (Actually...it might still be packed away somewhere at my parent's house...will have to check one day)

I have a recording of the startup procedure for the SR-71. The engines can't start by themselves, so they hook up a V8 from an old Cadillac and run it up to 10,000 RPM, which is when the Blackbird's engines can sustain the reciprocation required to run on their own.

Back