• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

something completely different!

tyder001

Paranormal Adept
This isn't paranormal so maybe I shouldn't post it. But here goes. Recently, I have gotten into reading Rock Biographys. Heaven and Hell by Don Felder (I'm an Eagles fan) and now Backstage Passes and backstabbing Bastards. Now, I know since I'm over the big 5-0 now my taste will and are more along the 70's but I was wondering. Anybody else have any suggestions of fun and interesting music reads? 8)

This isn't paranormal so maybe I shouldn't post it. But here goes. Recently, I have gotten into reading Rock Biographys. Heaven and Hell by Don Felder (I'm an Eagles fan) and now Backstage Passes and backstabbing Bastards. Now, I know since I'm over the big 5-0 now my taste will and are more along the 70's but I was wondering. Anybody else have any suggestions of fun and interesting music reads? 8)

I'm nearing the big 30 (well, it is big for me.. :) ), I would love some suggestions as well. I have read 'Lords of Chaos' ( a look at the early Scandinavian 'black metal' music scene, but other then that, I'm at a loss as well ).

Anthony Keidis' from the Chilli Peppers has written an excellent autobiography. Jim Morrison.....No one here gets out alive is cool. John Lenon ones are usually crap. A guy called R. Gary Patterson has written a book about the mysterious deaths of the greatest rock stars. He did an interview on Binnalll and the book sounds great.

Anthony Keidis' from the Chilli Peppers has written an excellent autobiography. Jim Morrison.....No one here gets out alive is cool. John Lenon ones are usually crap. A guy called R. Gary Patterson has written a book about the mysterious deaths of the greatest rock stars. He did an interview on Binnalll and the book sounds great.

I heard that interview. I may have to check the book out. I have a Kindle App on my Ipod and I have to be careful. That ole "One click" purchase thing gets me in trouble. :)

I have a Kindle App on my Ipod and I have to be careful. That ole "One click" purchase thing gets me in trouble. :)

Do they work with pdfs? There's a lot of them out there if you know where to look. I'm on Nokia N95 and it's no good apart from the mp3 player.

I'm not sure about Kindle working with anything else but Ebooks might. I'm not real up on all of it. My wife is the computer wiz. :)

Anything by Stephen Davis:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Davis_(music_journalist)
Definitive Zep, Stones, Fleetwood, Aerosmith, Marley, GunsNRoses, P.Simon, Levon Helm, etc
also:
Pink Floyd: Saucerful of Secrets, Nicholas Schaffner & Lost in the Woods - Syd Barrett & the Pink Floyd, by Julian Palacios
Neil Young: Shakey, by Jimmy McDonough
Wouldn't It Be Nice: My Own Story, by Brian Wilson

Should I need to continue? :)

Hi Tyder001, I can recommend David Crosby's autobiography Long Time Gone (I think it's called?) If you like the Eagles same time frame. If you're into reggae 'Bass Culture, when reggae was king' by Lloyd Bradley, and I recently read 'The Hacienda, how not to run a club' by Peter Hook. All different but excellent books.

Need to kill a couple of hours? Try some Japanese musical theatre ?

Biohazard: Voice of Gaia. English subtitles

Back