• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Some Faeries Apparently

I wonder what they could be.
They look like mosquitoes with legs. For a highly proficient digital artist like Hyatt, making these little characters looks like it would've taken him five minutes maybe.
After all he's just an artist wanting to bring magic back into our lives.

Just the 21st Century version of the Cottingley Faeries.
fairy1.jpg

I still can't believe Conan Doyle fell for this.

Oddly my daughter came home from school and told us she and her friend had seen some playing near the school oval prior to seeing the news article. I said we go to the spot and take some photos (children do have imaginative mind but one teacher told us this is very common if your child is open to these ? this not first time she seen them ) one time we were eating dinner and one flew over . Tell the truth freak crap out of at first.

The word fairy derives from Middle Englishfaierie (also fayerye, feirie, fairie), a direct borrowing from Old Frenchfaerie (Modern French féerie) meaning the land, realm, or characteristic activity (i.e. enchantment) of the legendary people of folklore and romance called (in Old French) faie or fee (Modern French fée). This derived ultimately from LateLatinfata (one of the personified Fates, hence a guardian or tutelary spirit, hence a spirit in general); cf. Italianfata, Portuguesefada, Spanishhada of the same origin.

I have a view "Fairies" have been here a long time on Earth. Can i prove it nope.

For me the true Fairies were the Tuatha Dé Dannan..

The Celtic peoples long ago worshipped the Tuatha, as gods.

I think UFO's we see belong to them. Its only speculation on my part of course and people see it differently to me. I have looked for clues and see things that others may disagree with but that's fine. Nobody has the all the answers to what the UFO phenomenon is.

Travis Walton describing blonde Aliens onboard the Alien ship that took him away. Is one UFO case that always fascinated me. It reminds me of the tale of Oisin. Its a Irish legend from hundreds of year ago perhaps even longer.

In Oisín in Tir na nÓg, his most famous echtra or adventure tale, he is visited by a fairy woman called Niamh Chinn Óir (Niamh of the Golden Hair or Head, one of the daughters of Manannán Mac Lir, a god of the sea) who announces she loves him and takes him away toTir na nÓg ("the land of the young", also referred to as Tir Tairngire, "the land of promise"). Their union produces Oisín's famous son,Oscar, and a daughter, Plor na mBan ("Flower of Women"). After what seems to him to be three years Oisín decides to return to Ireland, but 300 years have passed there.

Its not to be taken literally, but the fairy women are often viewed as having blonde hair.

Betty and Barney case, is another one. Describing some of the beings on the ship as looking for Irish, Nordic or German

Bill chalker case from down under. Finding a hair strand at an abduction scene supposedly coming cam,e from an alien being. Genetic tests allegedly showed. the hair contained Gaelic/Basque DNA

There is other cases just like this, i find odd to say the least.

I think Vallee was on the right track myself with Passport to Magonia.

Kieran
Agree with your thoughts and having meet friends from Basque, Spain who I meet in Northern France who taught ancient Celtic language at school. They talked about traditions of fairies in depth and there actions towards Earth climate . Mind you the apple brandy was flowing during great lunch.

anybody who has ever fished trout in britain knows what they are, theres a reason he photographed them in a valley, whats at the bottom of a valley.

mayflyhatch_row516267883_20110502.jpg

they are mayfly, and the main artificial fly in use this month.

but i can go with fairies, no skin of my nose.

heres some swimming.

mayflies_1920115i.jpg

Last edited:
Back