• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Solar-Flare ‘Killshot’ Imminent?

Free episodes:

but to be serious did I miss something because in a way that news clip wasnt really news per say as this type event happens somewhat frequently during the high end of the solar cycle...this was dutifully brought up in the clip...and the headline was certainly misleading unless it was trying to be coy, like an article from the Onion.*

* if that was the case, it was brilliant.

Yeah its a rare event to be sure. This article gives the facts without going over the top

A Super Solar Flare - NASA Science

Another Carrington-class flare would dwarf these events. Fortunately, says Hathaway, they appear to be rare:

"In the 160-year record of geomagnetic storms, the Carrington event is the biggest." It's possible to delve back even farther in time by examining arctic ice. "Energetic particles leave a record in nitrates in ice cores," he explains. "Here again the Carrington event sticks out as the biggest in 500 years and nearly twice as big as the runner-up."

These statistics suggest that Carrington flares are once in a half-millennium events. The statistics are far from solid, however, and Hathaway cautions that we don't understand flares well enough to rule out a repeat in our lifetime.

I would like to throw in my 2 cents on this subject since it is an area close to what I work in. We can't predict or forecast solar flares or even worse, CME's, any better than predicting the fluctuations of the stock market. Space weather is relatively new concept. On the ground we are mostly protected because of Earth's magnetic field. Now, at higher latitudes, where open field lines are, that is a problem (as well as for any aircraft flying over the poles). Strong storms (CME's) produce the aurora and the 'strength' of these things are what determine how far towards the equator the auroral zones move.

Satellite designers design their systems to withstand certain levels of the storms, but there are glitches and permanent failures sometimes. The likelihood of one of these causing an EMP is almost impossible. The problems on ground arise because the energy dumped into the earth magnetic field produces large electrical currents that can be disruptive for power grids on the ground.

It is not uncommon for CMEs to head our way. We had a decent size one hit in January 2005 and there wasn't much notice of it, even for the astronauts on the ISS. Before that the big ones were the October 89 event, the 72 event (right after the last Apollo mission...would have been bad for the astronauts on the moon, unprotected), one in the 60's (65?), and several others. These are the real big ones. Anyone can go to the NOAA Space Weather website and watch the data on the GOES satellites.

NOAA / NWS Space Weather Prediction Center

Sharp increases in the proton fluxes are indicators of CME impinging the Earth's Magnetosphere. If the >100 MeV channel rises quite a bit then the storm is strong! Take a look some time, this is really interesting data. Also visit the SOHO and ACE websites which are the satellites continually monitoring the sun and give advanced warning of earthbound CME's, etc.

My recommendation, take a look at real data and state of the art prediction for the real source of space weather prediction.

Today my wife asked me if I had heard about the imminent solar flares that are supposed to hit Earth in September. I have heard some rumbles about this but came across the following "news" story.

MOSCOW, Russia – Edward Snowden, hacker-fugitive and former National Security Agency (NSA) contractor, revealed Tuesday that a series of solar flares is set to occur in September, killing hundreds of millions of people. Documents provided by Snowden prove that, as of 14 years ago, Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) remote viewers knew that the event was inevitable. Ever since, the world’s governments have quietly been trying to prepare for the sweeping global famine to result.

Speaking from his room at Sheremetyevo Airport’s Hotel Novotel, Snowden revealed that government preparations for September’s catastrophic solar flares have been “to only limited avail.” The flares’ results, he said, are known casually throughout the global intelligence community as “the killshot.”

Remote viewers employed by the CIA’s Project Stargate use their ability to perceive geographically and chronologically distant events to protect America. Since 1999 they have known about the solar-flare event but have been threatened into silence by enforcers on the secret government’s payroll.

As a part of hiring Snowden as a contractor, the NSA granted the 30-year-old access to all communications on earth. Now he has provided The Internet Chronicle with top-secret Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) documents outlining just how terrible the solar flares’ results will be. In just two months, “the killshot” is set to disable all electronic food and water delivery systems.

Ever since the late 20th century, hundreds of millions of people have begun to rely on technological automation to enable their very lives. Solar flares release electromagnetic pulses, hazardous to electronic circuits. The smallest electronic circuits, such as those in computers’ central processing units, will be the most vulnerable.

Snowden said FEMA and the National Disaster Reduction Center of China have been taking steps for 14 years in light of the findings of Project Stargate. FEMA’s own documents, provided by Snowden, lay out how the organization plans to round up tens of millions of the poorest Americans for housing at secure locations “to better facilitate feeding and provision of consumer goods.”

Snowden, for years a CIA contractor, released testimonials from hundreds of remote viewers. Many of those remote viewers are still on the payroll of the governments of the United States and the Russian Federation. Those testimonials, though written independently by the analysts, are comprised of 4,472 pages, every single one of which, alarmingly, evince Snowden’s account.

“The massive electromagnetic pulse from the solar flares, or ‘the killshot,’ will shutter most of the world’s electrical systems,” said Snowden. “The Americans whose lives are most at risk are the elderly and the infirmed, those who depend on technology to enable their receiving home care or life-sustaining medical treatment.”

Throughout the 1970s and the 1990s, Russia and the United States were desperate to track and monitor the construction and maintenance of each other’s nuclear silos. The nations’ governments openly admitted having poured billions of dollars into the training of elite teams of remote viewers. With their powers, the remote viewers were able to deter nuclear launches and, ultimately, bring an end to the Cold War. In the mid-’90s, the CIA simply pretended to close its remote-viewing program, so that it could operate more effectively.

Snowden said he hopes that his coming forward will allow Project Stargate’s participants to be able to live normal, open lives again, “instead of as circus animals, instead of as freaks.” He added, “[Significant others of Project Stargate employees] have to get Q clearances just to cohabitate with, without even marrying, their loved ones. That’s tantamount to slavery.”

Humanity is about to pay a most dire price for its technological dependence. That price, said Snowden, proved a leading factor in his decision to come forward to the press – about both the global Holocaust to ensue, as well as NSA analysts’ power, on the slightest whim, to listen to the phone calls of any person on earth.

Snowden said, with regard to CIA remote viewers, “I have seen too many brave whistleblowers become subjects of smear and ridicule for using their talents to expose the truth.” Added Snowden, bitterly, “Well, we’ll see who’s Mr. Chuckles when ‘the killshot’ goes down.”

WikiLeaks attorneys; and Anatoly Kucherena, Snowden’s own counsel, together produced a video calling for calm and global preparedness. Monday, Snowden sent the video, below, to the Russian Federal Migration Service as part of his call for asylum.

Source:

Edward Snowden: Solar-Flare 'Killshot' Cataclysm Imminent | The Internet Chronicle

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I dropped a note to Gary Bekkum since he is so tuned into the remote viewer community. If he has anything to tell me I will post it here.

Decker

Hey Don I have heard alot about this and many articles are coming from that website that claim to be comments by Snowden. They are not credible, no actual interview by Snowden can be found online nor are there any documents that Snowden has released that say this.

I have been told that website is a satire site and or could be the infamous Sorcha Faal who is well known as a disinformation op who is really David Booth.

Although we had a solar flare yesterday there is no proof that Snowden said such a thing at all.

That website has previous articles claiming Snowden disclosed an alien war with UFOs and etc etc. But the source is not credible. The website is satire.

Back