• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Soft landing object on the dark side of the moon

yeah, I was think of that as well. I was thinking that the Phoenix lights craft was more of a delta shape though? I just remember the comments on how it blocked out the stars all around to the people that were under it, if it was an L or a V, you'd be able to see between the arms.

It almost looks like a pyramid, but the comment from Dr. Norton was stated as a L shaped craft, so I guess it's an L.

Screen shot 2014-01-24 at 1.51.28 PM.png
Wondering if anyone out there has heard of this story? There definitely seems to be something note worthy after reading the article. At the end of the article you can get the coordinates to check it out on Google Earth. Which I full heartedly expected it to be removed, but in fact was there.

Enormous Craft Detected On Moon, The Secret Is Out (Photos)

Pretty interesting! Possibly the Anunnaki return?

Check out what Astro Bob has to say: http://astrobob.areavoices.com/2014/01/21/another-phony-spaceship-surfaces-on-the-farside-of-the-moon/

"Another Phony Spaceship Surfaces on the Far Side of the Moon: I was made aware of a new hoax by a faithful reader of this blog ... "

It's a neat story at this point that's of obvious interest to UFO fans. I look forward to following it if only to determine that someone would actually care to hoax such a thing. It's interesting that the craft does in fact resemble many reported UFOs. Even the disappearing boomerangs and Vs resemble this reported craft's basic structure in terms of long range appearances. It's interesting how many correlations there are in this story with small facets from of other UFO reporting I have read over the last few years.

Quite interesting actually. Nothing to honestly suspect genuine or fake at this point, but I would imagine it's too good to be true unless they're on their way here to annihilate us and take over.

Check out what Astro Bob has to say: http://astrobob.areavoices.com/2014/01/21/another-phony-spaceship-surfaces-on-the-farside-of-the-moon/

"Another Phony Spaceship Surfaces on the Far Side of the Moon: I was made aware of a new hoax by a faithful reader of this blog ... "

Just from Astrobob's demeanor, he seems like a worn down debunker.

As far as his sharpness argument goes, I have to disagree with him. I'm a graphic designer, who is very familiar with these types of artifacts, and what he's saying just doesn't add up. If you over sharpen something, there is a rectanglar-ization effect happen, but that wouldn't exactly explain why the "lights" if that is what they are are not sharpened as well.

Of course I'm no expert in Google Earth & their features/tools, so I'll try to keep an open mind to his argument, but still not convinced.

Just from Astrobob's demeanor, he seems like a worn down debunker.

As far as his sharpness argument goes, I have to disagree with him. I'm a graphic designer, who is very familiar with these types of artifacts, and what he's saying just doesn't add up. If you over sharpen something, there is a rectanglar-ization effect happen, but that wouldn't exactly explain why the "lights" if that is what they are are not sharpened as well.

Of course I'm no expert in Google Earth & their features/tools, so I'll try to keep an open mind to his argument, but still not convinced.

I think it's more likely a fabrication than a giant spaceship, but there's no conclusive evidence either way at this point. I just wanted to point out the other side of the story, which in this case also includes more details, like the coordinates and other images for comparison's sake. We don't want to be too quick to judge without looking at all the available evidence, even if it's not in agreement with what we'd like to imagine.

Is there anywhere images of this area that show before this object supposedly landed? I have to think there are...

i got as far as mick west's second sentence, this.

Now in isolation this looks a little suspicious,. Seven dots forming a perfect V shape. But look around at the surrounding area, look at all the vertical and horizontal areas. Notice how they all line up in a grid.

What we are seeing here are individual pixels from a low resolution image, which have been greatly enlarged and filtered in a way that gives this grid-like effect. All it took was a few pixels in the right place to give this effect.

and without reading any further i will bet my house on the fact that his whole debunk hangs on the bolded part, which ofcourse is 100% false, as it is a high resolution image shot from a high resolution camera.
experts just do not get 'little' details like that wrong, he has started by purposeful deception, and that invalidates anything further that 'expert' has to say.

i got as far as mick west's second sentence, this.

Now in isolation this looks a little suspicious,. Seven dots forming a perfect V shape. But look around at the surrounding area, look at all the vertical and horizontal areas. Notice how they all line up in a grid.

What we are seeing here are individual pixels from a low resolution image, which have been greatly enlarged and filtered in a way that gives this grid-like effect. All it took was a few pixels in the right place to give this effect.

and without reading any further i will bet my house on the fact that his whole debunk hangs on the bolded part, which ofcourse is 100% false, as it is a high resolution image shot from a high resolution camera.
experts just do not get 'little' details like that wrong, he has started by purposeful deception, and that invalidates anything further that 'expert' has to say.

Yes sadly, no doomsday sales this weekend. I read the individual pixel explanation last week and it came with a great photo of other random blue/white dots that were splattered about all over that area on the moon's surface. Space photography is weird stuff. I remember when David Sereda had the whole tether footage thing going wherein all these monstrously huge semitransparent flying saucers were buzzing about disappearing and reappearing...I always want that sort of stuff to be true or revealing of something beyond what the camera itself is responsible for, dammit!! :mad:

I don't know how Google assembles data, but I've worked with hi rez ASTER images, to generate elevation data for use with Microsoft Flight Simulator. At one point I flew over an edge that wasn't placed right, and a double arrow appeared beneath my virtual plane.

So I wouldn't be surprised if the artifact is simply an arrow/pointer used for alignment of images. And so the reason it disappeared is because Google corrected the alignment error.

Last edited:
If it were a ship: why would it have such huge lights, which given by the scale of this picture, would be enormous. It looks like a promising picture but one with a rational non ufo basis.

I have seen something in lunar photo before that is very similar - it even could be the same thing, but at that time (few years back, maybe 3 years) it was pointed out as a possible building - an 'alien structure' on the moon kind of thing. It consisted of two rows of what looked like huge white balls, maybe 3 or 4 in each line and the two lines met at one end making an arrow that could be a right angle viewed at a shallow angle.

Anyway, at the time I remember thinking that the size of the white balls in relation to the surrounding scenery made it, in my admittedly totally untrained mind, unlikely to be some kind of pixelation problem. But reading what Jimi H has posted above, I would have to agree that his possible explanation certainly seems very possible?

Back