• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

So who among you has actually had a sighting?

I was working the night desk at the Ridgefield YMCA. It was around 9:30 pm or so, and a member came in to workout and said, "Did you see that outside?" I said no, and went outside with him to see it.

There was a huge craft hovering above and behind the flat, former elementary school building that was then the YMCA. It looked like it might have been situated somewhere around the Ridgefield/Danbury line, called the Ridgebury area. Close by to I-84, the Danbury Mall and the world headquarters of Union Carbide (at that time). Hard to judge distance, but if I held my arm out, it would've taken a duffle bag, like a ski or hockey bag to cover it up.

Its shape reminded me of a fat manta ray with stubby wings. It was definitely a structured craft. We were viewing it from the side, but could also see some of the underside of the craft. Dull black in color, there were many lights, some white and some more of a warmer, yellowish tone - the color of normal lights. On the underside, the lights illuminated some tube-like girder structures.

It emitted a faint hum, but so quiet for the size it was really disturbing. But what really freaked me out was when I realized what I thought were lights on the side of the craft (the yellowish tone ones) were really windows - that's how huge the thing was.

We never saw anything moving inside, and the thing just sat there, still in the air. We must have watched it for ten minutes or so. It didn't do anything and we finally went inside, both shaken.

When I got off work about 45 minutes later, it was gone.

It is these types of accounts that have me somewhat baffled when people say there is "no proof" that UFOs may be a reality. Yes, it could have been one of ours, but equally there is no proof either that we have this level of technology and indeed, why test-run it over Westchester County for a period of years if we do in fact have it? Recall also the reports of cattle and sheep being airlifted into the region to replace animals supposedly mutilated during the course of the flap. Phil Imbrogno has also tracked individuals who had beams directed down on them in their cars and homes by the craft, and their personal experiences years after the fact.

Hello all I am new here so if I am posting this in the wrong place please feel free to move it, or let me know and i can remove and repost it in the proper place.
In a nutshell what happened was this, on june the 13th last year(2009) at my home in north London(uk) in the early hours maybe 3 or 4 am I looked out of my window and I noticed a very bright star/light in the sky. what was unusual was that, as on most nights the stars where not clearly visable, due to light pollution, so this star/light really stood out to the naked eye. I was very puzzled by this so got my video camera (sony DCR-SR72 HDD 25x optical zoom) to have a closer look, I do not own a tripod so i made a makeshift tower from a chair and some books to rest the camera on. When i tried to zoom in on the star/light the camera would shake, at the distance between what i was filming and the camera even a small movement is magnified so it appears as if the object is moving but to the naked eye it maintained its position (stationary). the main thing that bothered me about this star/light was the strobing/pulsing light that changed constantly and at great speed nothing like the collision lights on planes or helicopters, which I am very familiar with as i live on several flight paths. I filmed the star/light for about 6 minutes. the next night i looked for the star/light again but could not see it, but the following day the 15th it was back I filmed it again for about 13 minutes. here is a link to the videos (I posted them in their original format MPEG-2 and without editing them) so sorry for their length.http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdwi01_13th-june-2009-star-objecty_tech and http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdwixm_15th-june-2009-star-objecty-second_tech I would like some feedback on what people think it is so, please feel free to download and analyse them. I found that if I increase the brightness or gammer you can see more clearly but I still have no idea what it is. I have talked to several friends ect and have been told that they think it is either a star or the space station. Thanks han

Oh yes, it does back up what he says, but again, that doesn't prove that anything paranormal happened, right?

I agree with you Angel, but then again it's hard to prove that anything "paranormal" has occurred. Standards of proof vary. At the least there is something physical that corresponds to an observed event. There may or may not be correlation in reality, but in perception only. And that scorch mark is certainly more evidence than most observers of UFOs ever have.

Anyways, sorry to derail this thread.

It is these types of accounts that have me somewhat baffled when people say there is "no proof" that UFOs may be a reality. Yes, it could have been one of ours, but equally there is no proof either that we have this level of technology and indeed, why test-run it over Westchester County for a period of years if we do in fact have it? Recall also the reports of cattle and sheep being airlifted into the region to replace animals supposedly mutilated during the course of the flap. Phil Imbrogno has also tracked individuals who had beams directed down on them in their cars and homes by the craft, and their personal experiences years after the fact.

That's the thing - of course there are UFOs. I just maintain that there is ZERO undeniable proof that they are extraterrestrial (or whatever ie non-human). I know that's not what people like to hear. If you want to change my mind, stronger, non-anecdotal evidence will have to be put forth. I'll even be happy with a decent RAW image file of something that can't be described otherwise. That would go a long way. Blurry images of lights and stuff really are meaningless to me.

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

Hello all I am new here so if I am posting this in the wrong place please feel free to move it, or let me know and i can remove and repost it in the proper place.
In a nutshell what happened was this, on june the 13th last year(2009) at my home in north London(uk) in the early hours maybe 3 or 4 am I looked out of my window and I noticed a very bright star/light in the sky. what was unusual was that, as on most nights the stars where not clearly visable, due to light pollution, so this star/light really stood out to the naked eye. I was very puzzled by this so got my video camera (sony DCR-SR72 HDD 25x optical zoom) to have a closer look, I do not own a tripod so i made a makeshift tower from a chair and some books to rest the camera on. When i tried to zoom in on the star/light the camera would shake, at the distance between what i was filming and the camera even a small movement is magnified so it appears as if the object is moving but to the naked eye it maintained its position (stationary). the main thing that bothered me about this star/light was the strobing/pulsing light that changed constantly and at great speed nothing like the collision lights on planes or helicopters, which I am very familiar with as i live on several flight paths. I filmed the star/light for about 6 minutes. the next night i looked for the star/light again but could not see it, but the following day the 15th it was back I filmed it again for about 13 minutes. here is a link to the videos (I posted them in their original format MPEG-2 and without editing them) so sorry for their length.http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdwi01_13th-june-2009-star-objecty_tech and http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdwixm_15th-june-2009-star-objecty-second_tech I would like some feedback on what people think it is so, please feel free to download and analyse them. I found that if I increase the brightness or gammer you can see more clearly but I still have no idea what it is. I have talked to several friends ect and have been told that they think it is either a star or the space station. Thanks han

I took a look at you videos, but there's really nothing much I can say about it. It's just a light in the sky to me. Interesting? Perhaps. You can also post this under personal experiences - then you can have a whole thread to your experience.

That's the thing - of course there are UFOs. I just maintain that there is ZERO undeniable proof that they are extraterrestrial (or whatever ie non-human). I know that's not what people like to hear. If you want to change my mind, stronger, non-anecdotal evidence will have to be put forth. I'll even be happy with a decent RAW image file of something that can't be described otherwise. That would go a long way. Blurry images of lights and stuff really are meaningless to me.

We will just need to agree to disagree. Given the multitude of eyewitness sightings, including people like Kelly Johnson and his aeronautical engineering team, as well as the credible photographic and film evidence which people like myself feel does indeed exist, I don't see how we will ever bridge our differences, save a truly unique and extraordinary incident. One thing is clear to me at this point in time -- one can interpret most 'facts' or occurrences in various ways, depending on your starting point or frame of mind.

We will just need to agree to disagree. Given the multitude of eyewitness sightings, including people like Kelly Johnson and his aeronautical engineering team, as well as the credible photographic and film evidence which people like myself feel does indeed exist, I don't see how we will ever bridge our differences, save a truly unique and extraordinary incident. One thing is clear to me at this point in time -- one can interpret most 'facts' or occurrences in various ways, depending on your starting point or frame of mind.

Exactly right. I won't pretend to know what a person saw. I can only provide input from my point of view. At this point many of you know where I stand and how I try to explain things. I could be right, I could be wrong. I will never pretend to know for sure.

My two sightings are buried here so I’ll repeat them because they are so very different. I tend to leave out the weirder parts of each experience, but I won’t do that now.

In June of 2000 (could have been 2001, but I forget) my husband and I sat on a porch at about 8:20 p.m. on Lake Travis in Austin just near the top of a hill overlooking a cove. We were watching water fowl fly along the cove as well as birds in the sky.

A red, old fashioned, single engine plane (reminded me of the Red Baron’s plane) came overhead from directly in front of our view of the sky which was nearly 180 degrees that evening. The setting sun was behind us and we still had great light for observing the sky.

In just a few minutes the red plane had circled back over us and on his return, he again flew directly in front of us, but very low, skirting the treetops just behind us. I thought it very rude, loud and what he did was probably against the law. The guy buzzed us.

Only a minute or so later, in the middle of our view, we saw a white bullet shaped object cruising slowly by. I say “bullet shaped,” but I only had a weird sense of that because the front of the craft seemed unclear and even cloaked. There was some sort of heat signature obscuring the front of the craft, not unlike the mirage seen on a hot road.

I originally thought the craft was probably several thousand feet up in the air, traveling slowly so that we had at least a 30 to 40 second look at it. It was white and completely smooth, had no wings and made no noise.

It flew into a small cloud that suddenly appeared (the sky was cloudless only a minute before) and by this time we were able to completely see the rear of the craft which was perfectly round. We never saw it reappear in any direction, but it had to be higher in the sky to have flown into a small cloud so the craft was probably much bigger than I had assumed at first.

The whole event, upon reflection, seemed staged to a great degree. The red plane seemed to have been alerting us, having come from the very spot in which we were first able to see the white craft. I asked questions of my husband throughout the sighting, wondering if we were seeing the same thing. He confirmed all my observations. And the ending was fairly dramatic. Poof. Gone.

We didn’t have a camera handy so my husband had time to grab a deer scope to try to get a better look at it, but he finally gave up trying to find the craft through the scope so that he could watch it as long as possible. We both felt it had been cloaked as it flew directly at us and we could only see it after it turned to fly to the southwest, the front still cloaked to us.

I’ll get to the second sighting in a bit.

I have talked to several friends ect and have been told that they think it is either a star or the space station. Thanks han

The Mir space station really moves. There are quite a few videos of it online. Doubt it is that. My first thought is Chinese lantern. My UFO "sighting" was, knowing now what i didn't know then, pretty assuredly a Chinese lantern. Still, even though i was just a kid, 12 or 13, and it was more than 35 years ago, I remember the details very clearly so seeing anything unusual in the sky really sticks in your head, I can attest to that.

I can rule out a chinese lantern becase it was there on the 13th of june 2009 and not on the 14th only to re-appear on the 15th . also it did not move at all a chinese lantern would of moved. but thanks for the suggestion I had considered it at the time but, as I have seen them before I think I would of recognised one. thank you also for informing me that the space station would of been visibly moving. do you think it could of been venus? or a star as it held its position? thanks again peace and love han

I can rule out a chinese lantern becase it was there on the 13th of june 2009 and not on the 14th only to re-appear on the 15th . also it did not move at all a chinese lantern would of moved. but thanks for the suggestion I had considered it at the time but, as I have seen them before I think I would of recognised one. thank you also for informing me that the space station would of been visibly moving. do you think it could of been venus? or a star as it held its position? thanks again peace and love han

Venus? I don't know, I know what Venus looks like and to mistake it for anything other than a star is the only mistake I could understand although there are apparent atmospheric anomalies that can magnify the appearance of things in the sky. Of course, daylight viewing of Venus is always striking. Mars is a sight with its' redness and you can not only see Jupiter, but a couple of its' largest moons as well.

think I have cracked it after looking at this video
I now think it is the planet venus in my videos thanks for comments all.
peace and love (slightly embarrassed) han :)

do you think it could of been venus? or a star as it held its position?

It could have been.

In October 2008 I noticed an extraordinarily bright object in the sky. It was static-that is it held it's position as far as I could tell. The light appeared early in the evening and was much, much brighter than any star in the sky. The next night it was in approximately the same place at approximately the same time.

I had heard on the news in the following day or two that there was a bright object that was visible for a few days this particular month. I forget whether they said it was a star, an asteroid or a planet.

Whatever it was, it was an experience that startled me at first but had a banal explanation.

It could have been.

In October 2008 I noticed an extraordinarily bright object in the sky. It was static-that is it held it's position as far as I could tell. The light appeared early in the evening and was much, much brighter than any star in the sky. The next night it was in approximately the same place at approximately the same time.

I had heard on the news in the following day or two that there was a bright object that was visible for a few days this particular month. I forget whether they said it was a star, an asteroid or a planet.

Whatever it was, it was an experience that startled me at first but had a banal explanation.

At that time I remember Jupiter, in the south sky, really huge with two satellites visible. It started in July and lasted until October 2008.

Mine came in the Army. I was at the US A.I.T. (mine was long, 11 months) and going out on a Saturday day off and about 7:30 (mid August 1995) when I can out the front door a light in the sunlit sky about 5000 feet up. An E6 came out and the door just as I noticed it and watched it. We were asking each other if this was a plane (with it's landing light on it), planet or blimp (no noise). It was steady in the sky then all of a suddenly it went straight down in about 2 seconds, out of our sight. Then about 1 minute later it came back up the went about to it's previous position. Then about 2 seconds later it zipped across the sky to the south in a spilt second. We both just stood there for about 2 minutes and I just looked to him and said "well that was neat, but we want normal lives". He just back at me and said "yep that was cool" and we both went along out ways. We both didn't want the flap in the Army if we reported what we saw and didn't want a question mark in my Army record.

I feel most sighting must happen like this with the witnesses deciding they don't want the ridicule that eventually comes along.

I live west Alabama and I did see something I can't explain one night. Now, it's in a rural area (Well, it was rural before some neighborhoods sprang up.) Now this is a fly over zone. There is Birmingham airport to the north and Maxwell Air Force Base in Montgomery about 90 miles or so to the south and Tuscaloosa airport locally. So, I do see planes at night quite often. Anyway, I'm looking west from my yard one night and I see this bright light. I think "well, must be a plane since that is part of the area I see them in from time to time." So, I look away and do something else (been over a year ago so I'm not sure of all detail) Anyway, I look back and the "light" is still there. I look for any sign of red or other landing lights but I don't see any. (I've noticed that planes generally have red lights if you look close enough at night. But , no aviation expert so I could well be wrong about that.) Anyway, it hasn't moved. So, it's not a plane. Well to be honest I say that now. Then I thought maybe it was farther away than I realised and it actually had moved. I'm very near sighted anyway so I don't "see" everything as clearly as some people do. But, I kept watching and it "appeared" to be stationary. I listened but heard no engine sound. Again, that could have been distance but I always seem to be able to hear the planes if I listen close enough. I called my wife from the yard and she said (ya can't make this stuff up) I'm watching something right now and if you decided it's not really a plane then let me know. (So much for the uber skeptics that say everybody jumps to the u.f.o. conclusion everytime they see a plane in the night sky.) Anyway, I think "well maybe it's a planet." But, it wasn't there the night before and hasn't been there since. Still, I keep looking. Now the next part gets a little freaky. I remember seeing somthing on youtube or an old documentary at one time. On the "film" the u.f.o. dances in the sky. Kind of a up and down and jiggly motion. Well, this thing did that. Still, I thought it's more than likely my eyes since I'm near sighted and I was moving "It's more than likely an optical illusion" Anyway, I wish I has written this down before because I honestly don't remember (no not missing time, I just don't remember) when the object left the sky. I looked and then went in and came out and it was finally gone.

Now, I'm not a believer in the nuts and bolts u.f.o. thing. I don't think they are visiting us. I'm not sure if abductions actually happen or not. I'm skeptical of the whole thing but I've had enough "spiritual" things happen in my life not to completely pass it off. Not that I'm saying this was spiritual. I don't know what this was. I still think it was either a plane or a star or ...well who knows.

Back