• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

So where are you from?

Brian Now said:
Born in Tennessee near Paranormal Packrat's state....(we might be Hillbilly kouzinz by the way...did you own shoes before the age of 10?)

Spent (or wasted) over half my life in Texas...first in Dallas/Ft Worth then here in Houston.

You didn't like Texas? I hear Houston is fun. One of my best friends lived there for a time.

Yeh, my mom would freak if I went out barefoot, so I had shoes.

I don't sound southern, unless maybe you have a heavy New Yorker accent. They are the only ones that seem to pick on me, but they sound funny to me. Every now and then a southern draw might come out, and I'm like, wtf did that come from!?

Michael L. said:
St. Louis, MO, USA in a charming little neighborhood belovedly known as Dogtown.

..hmmm... My last name starts with an L as well... I was born in Shawnee Mission Kansas, grew up near St. Louis and then around Kansas City, finishing my formative years back in Shawnee Mission and now live in the boon-docks, aka Cuba Missouri...

..And for some reason I can never consiously recall the name of the CIA mind control program that Congress mandated must be closed down in the year I was born...

-Mike <8[

Paranormal Packrat said:
You didn't like Texas? I hear Houston is fun. One of my best friends lived there for a time.

Texas is one thing, but Houston is another. The people are generally nice, but the weather, city and scenery is blah. I prefer mountains, mountains, mountains!

Haha, I was just kidding about the shoes, just playing with a stereotype of that part of the country. I had shoes too! We had to protect the feet while running jugs of moonshine through dem hills. :p

One just has to drive an hour in any direction from Houston to get a change in scenery though. I like that. I like that it is green almost all year too. I like that the city finally caught up with other places in the country in that flowers are planted everywhere. I like Ladybird's wildflowers growing along the outskirts of the city. Houston abounds in color. Even if the humidity sucks, it helps color the landscape. Must be an "old" thing.

Brian Now said:
Paranormal Packrat said:

Texas is one thing, but Houston is another. The people are generally nice, but the weather, city and scenery is blah. I prefer mountains, mountains, mountains!

Haha, I was just kidding about the shoes, just playing with a stereotype of that part of the country. I had shoes too! We had to protect the feet while running jugs of moonshine through dem hills. :p

Yeah, I know you were joking. I thought of hillbilly cartoon characters.

Tony2013 said:
Born in Cincinnati, OH (allegedly).

Raised in Philadelphia, PA.

Spent high school and college in Cincinnati.

Did graduate school in England :).

Now living in Austin, TX - best city in North America!
And also the home of the worlds largest Daniel Johnston art work.

Born is Lewiston Idaho, lived there for about 8 years, Raised in Arizona, but moved to Philly about 8 years ago. Its like a different country out here. I still don't fit in, its 47 degrees outside and I'm running around in shorts

Gene Steinberg said:
BrandonD said:
Poi said:
Texas (as she swaggers)

Houston TX for me. I suspect the Texans have the largest representation on the forums... that gives us veto power I think.

David and I were born in Brooklyn, home of the Bridge :D

Probably don't have to say it considering my name, but Dallas, tx for me. Born in Texas home of lots of bridges, silly new yorkers always wanting to be the something:)

And yes we did produce Whitley Streiber, but he didn't really get off his rocker until he lived in California:):)(before anyone says anything, I don't think he technically lives in San Antonio anymore)

And Houston doesn't claim Darrel Sims....

No, we claim the woman to talks to animals. Oh, wait. That's The Woodlands. She's actually closer to Sims. :D

Back