• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

so whats in the water?

Not many people die of dental caries these days and there must be plenty of flouride in our mouth wash and toothpaste. In fact, just try finding a toothpaste without it.
There are several fluoride free toothpastes out there. you will find them at food co-ops or organic type grocery stores. I use the fluoride free toothpaste along with FOOD grade hydrogen peroxide which btw is a dentists worst enemy. Do yourself a favor and get FOOD grade hydrogen peroxide and use it often. I got turned on to it when I had a very bad toothache and was going to have it extracted. A friend suggested I rinse with it for a few days before i went in just to see if it would help. that was 6 years ago and i still have the tooth. notice I said FOOD grade not the stuff you buy in the pharmacy. Food grade is also found at food co-ops in the refrigerator section. Be very careful when mixing it you MUST dilute it 11:1 or you will severely burn yourself. It is good for a variety of other things as well. Do NOT buy it online as the shipping will be very costly.

I live in the rural mountains, so being on any community water just isn't an option. The problem for us is that heavy metal contaminants from the mountains and mines - abandoned or otherwise - leach into our water supply. We also need to consider what other things can infect our water, including certain chemicals and microbes. Areas that have any ranching or areas that have had fracking, both of which are common here in the Rockies, often have water that isn't safe to drink. There are small communities along the Front Range that are able to set their tap water on fire due to the contamination caused by fracking.

Microbial contaminants can and do affect our water, as well. While there is a widespread belief that the mountains are a pristine place, anyone who lives up here knows the dangers of well and water contamination. We see it whenever there's been heavy rains or drought conditions. We worry that bacteria or parasites from animal feces on neighboring ranches will contaminate our wells. We watch and shake our heads whenever we see a tourist fill his canteen with water from our mountain rivers and streams, because we know only too well that Giardia is a serious problem. That's also not taking into consideration what contaminants from roads and dwellings wash into these waterways.

While there are many excellent filters which do a superb job of removing solid particles (Zero Water is great for this), it's more difficult to find something that can remove ALL microbes as well as ALL particles from the water. This should be a priority of any society. If our water has problems, we'll rapidly become a society that is too sick to function.

"DR" Wilson does not seem to have a very high opinion of "most medical doctors" here are some extracts from the same site that the "water Flouridation" page linked above is hosted on:

The computer-generated nutrition programs from Analytical Research Labs or other labs are not up-to-date or good enough. Nor is the advice of most medical doctors, holistic practitioners, naturopaths, chiropractors, nutritionists and others who offer hair analysis, including those who claim to offer nutritional balancing. They do not understand the science well enough.

Fees. Most of the practitioners below charge between about $150.00 and $250.00 USD for the initial mineral analysis and program. The fees are about the same or a little less for retest mineral analyses, which are suggested about every 4 to 6 months.

The other main cost is supplements, which for an adult are about $150.00 to $190.00 USD per month if supplements are taken three times daily. The cost is only about $100.00 to $130.00 monthly if you take supplements twice daily. This is okay, though progress may be slower. The supplement costs assume that one takes just the main supplements, and includes a discount, which most of the practitioners offer.

Who has the most trouble following a nutritional balancing program? We have found that those who experience the most difficulty are:

1. Intellectuals. These are people who feel they know better, and continually second-guess the program. They continually research on their own, and have difficulty just doing the program as it is set up. The programs are sophisticated, and not easily understood by those who are not trained in this science.

2. Very fearful people. These people panic if a healing reaction occurs. In fact, these reactions are very good. I have never needed to send someone to the emergency room in 33 years. One must learn to just relax and move through the reactions with our help.

3. Very fussy clients. Some people do not like the diet, for example, or do not like the supplements. This makes it difficult to succeed with this program. If one really dislikes cooked vegetables and is not willing to learn how to make them tasty, this program will not work too well.

4. Undisciplined people. Some discipline is needed for this program. It can grow slowly as one works into the program more and more, but it is necessary.

5. Medically-oriented people. Some of our clients are too willing to listen to their medical advisors and friends, even if the medical doctors offer very little. They are usually talked out of a nutritional balancing program for this reason.

6. Very religious people – Christian, Jewish or Islamic. They have too many reasons or excuses for not doing parts of the program.

7. Too set in their ways and difficulty changing.

8. Too disabled and without enough help.

9. Blocked, angry, or unable to follow the program for some other reason.

One can have more than one of the above, and this generally makes things worse. If you are in one of these groups, it does not mean you cannot succeed with nutritional balancing. It just means you may have more difficulty than others who, for whatever reason, are able to just relax and follow the program easily.

(source) do hair analysis
Water Flouridation

Here is an interesting book by him available on amazon:
Legal Guidelines For Unlicensed Practitioners: Lawrence Wilson: 9780962865725: Amazon.com: Books

It all seems a bit fishy to me.

Just to be clear I am not saying that the flouridation of drinking water is good or bad, I am saying that I do not trust anything that "DR" Wilson says.

All I know is there is absolutely no good reason to put fluoride in the water. Dr. Wilson could be a scammer and still have some accurate info as well. I agree he's been discredited though by links you found on his site. I was going to edit this post simply because its such a negative concept and goes off topic. A much more positive approach would be to post things that people can do to stop the water fluoridation. Oh we'll. thanks for the input Han.

I live in the rural mountains, so being on any community water just isn't an option. The problem for us is that heavy metal contaminants from the mountains and mines - abandoned or otherwise - leach into our water supply. ..There are small communities along the Front Range that are able to set their tap water on fire due to the contamination caused by fracking. ..
This is just plain tragedy imo.

When will politicians and business people realize that true freedom is to be able to live off the land without fear of being poisoned by drinking the water that springs from the Earth?

It only takes a few hours for idiots to damage what nature takes thousands of years to fix.

All I know is there is absolutely no good reason to put fluoride in the water. Dr. Wilson could be a scammer and still have some accurate info as well. I agree he's been discredited though by links you found on his site. I was going to edit this post simply because its such a negative concept and goes off topic. A much more positive approach would be to post things that people can do to stop the water fluoridation. Oh we'll. thanks for the input Han.

I have to be honest and say for me its like this:

I live in the largest city in Europe, and to survive here you need to be tough, I can not afford to invest worry in things that may or may not be detrimental to my health. The best way I can explain this is:
If we used my home as the center point, and made an imaginary cube 5x5 miles big, my fingers would fall off before I was able to list the potential hazards contained therein.

For example below my home there are "tube" (underground/metro) tunnels that could potentially cave in and make my house collapse.
Above my house there are Helicopters that could crash into my home, and I am overflown by literally hundreds of Aeroplanes daily, which even if they don't crash apparently affect the weather and definitely the air quality.
To the north, south, east and west of my home there are major roads with millions of cars spewing out pollutants constantly.
There is a "nuclear" train that travels on tracks not 2 miles from my house.
You see I could go on and on and on and on, for example I have not mentioned my fellow inhabitants, there are at least 5 "mental" hospitals within the radius I mentioned previously, and about 3 or 4 Prisons to boot.
And yet this is my city, my home and I feel safe here.

One of the ways that I cope with life here is to be constantly on the look out for the positives, which for me are things like the "wood pigeons" that frequent my garden, or the grasshoppers that have started to breed in my garden. (both of which were not here when I was a child).
When I speak to my parents about how life here has changed they tell me about "pea soupers" (green smog common until the 1970s) or the fact that there were hardly any fish in the river Thames due to the levels of pollution.
It brings me great solace to know that the fishes are returning to the Thames and that wildlife in general has greater protection than ever before. I know this has gone completely off topic so to bring it back on course less than 2 miles from my house there is a statue to Hugh Myddelton who was responsible for the building of the "New River" which still supplies some of Londons drinking water, and within 3 miles of that there is a plaque commemorating "John Snow" who was the man that discovered that cholera was a water born disease and managed to eradicate it from London totally. What makes me angry is that we have been cholera free in London for at least one hundred years, yet their are still people dying on a daily basis because of cholera in places all around the world.

My main point is that the situation in London is far from perfect, but I am glad that thanks to people like Hugh Myddleton and John Snow we have "clean" water on tap.
What I have learned is that the problems facing the developing world are the same ones faced by my forefathers and the fact that the "developed" countries do not see it as their duty to help angers me more than I can describe.

In a nutshell I would always choose a glass of fluoridated water over the water that most people around the world have to drink.

Finally whilst I may talk a good fight, I am actually a heavy smoker, even though I am only too well aware of the health consequences. Maybe that is why I am not overly concerned about fluoride.

@GeoShift I feel that "DR" Wilson's site is very clever: in that it TELLS you that YOU ARE SICK and that ONLY he and his associates can FIX you. (FOR A PRICE!)

But like I said before I am in no position to question the "evidence" for and against fluoridation, because I am not qualified to do so.
However I do know that sometimes a "poison" can be used to treat diseases, for example chemotherapy.

I will at sometime in the near future see my cousin who is a qualified "toxicologist" and I will ask him what he thinks about the fluoridation of our water, I shall report what he says in this thread.

Good Post. Very concise and honest. And it is true for me as well, there is a laundry list of more existential threats for me in LA so that fluoridated water does fall somewhat low and to be honest I haven't gone to great lengths to put up any fight to have the fliuridation laws changed but that's probably largely due to the fact that my consumption of water heavily consists of seltzered water, less so then tap water. Still I don't see any health benefits adding it to their water given its apparent intent and how it's consumed.

Thanks for the post Han. Interesting points you made there. Would be interesting to hear what your cousin has to say.

Thanks for the post Han. Interesting points you made there. Would be interesting to hear what your cousin has to say.

Hopefully I will see him before Christmas.
For now: when I think about it, I have witnessed him drinking water from my and other taps(faucets) which do not have any kind of additional filter i.e water straight from the "main"(public) supply. I am sure that if he thought that the water presented a hazard to his or his families health he would have informed us, and would not be drinking "tap" water.
I will inquire as to whether he has any additional filtration system at home, but from memory I do not believe that he has.

I would prefer to speak to him face about this issue, because it is a complex and, how best to put it? a controversial/fringe/conspiratorial/woo woo subject*. What I am trying to say is that it will be slightly embarrassing because of the reasons I have mentioned above. (but mainly because I think that he would have warned me before).
I will speak to him and let you know what he says, but it might not be for a couple of months.

*I find this factor interesting, it makes me think about the way that some "questions" have "implications".

Nature does plenty of damage as well.
Hopefully I will see him before Christmas.
For now: when I think about it, I have witnessed him drinking water from my and other taps(faucets) which do not have any kind of additional filter i.e water straight from the "main"(public) supply. I am sure that if he thought that the water presented a hazard to his or his families health he would have informed us, and would not be drinking "tap" water.
I will inquire as to whether he has any additional filtration system at home, but from memory I do not believe that he has.

I would prefer to speak to him face about this issue, because it is a complex and, how best to put it? a controversial/fringe/conspiratorial/woo woo subject*. What I am trying to say is that it will be slightly embarrassing because of the reasons I have mentioned above. (but mainly because I think that he would have warned me before).
I will speak to him and let you know what he says, but it might not be for a couple of months.

*I find this factor interesting, it makes me think about the way that some "questions" have "implications".
It should not be embarrassing at all. Tell him you are aware of naturally occurring fluoride in the water. You wonder why industrial fluoride is added for our dental heath when IF that were true it should be used topically for any benefit to teeth. Because it is the ONLY chemical added to water to treat humans it is considered mass medication and that is simply wrong. No medication I know of is allowed to be consumed unregulated.

Some of you sound rather complacent about the issue. Sounds like it is working as intended.

Some of you sound rather complacent about the issue. Sounds like it is working as intended.

Ha!

Strange logic indeed: We should consume daily a highly-reactive industrial waste product, formerly an ingredient in rat poison, a substance that affects our skeleton and numerous organs in ways that are not fully understood . . . because some dental association says we should?

My favorite mantra: If you visit a water treatment plant and quiz the manager why they're injecting sodium fluoride into the outflow, they'll tell you that it's mandatory, it's safe and it's always been done. They know their mantra well.

Fluoride in Rat Poison

rat killer.jpeg

That's a funny statement and in my case possible true but like I mentioned in all honesty I would say the only tap water I consume is when ii am taking a shower and I start singing., otherwise it's bottled seltzered water for me, BUT that's more a lifestyle decision more than any other fear. Plus I do feel guilty because my tap water comes from the Owens River (not wells) But being that I consume way more food and consume way more air than I do water I have only so many fronts I can fight and/or worry about. For the record I have 25 cases of canned selltzer wate, 5 cases of bottled water and 5 single gallon jugs water stashed away in case of emergency. I do completely agree that flouridation of water is completely unnecessary but HAN has a point if I DID consume a lot of municipality water I'm going to be more concerned about other carcinogens and elements and whether it's even potable. Besides the water supply in due time will be completely privatized, we'll take what they offer :) if one wants complete autonomy what constitutes their drinking water there's always living above timberline and the pesky varmints.

I will even goes as far too say that given the understanding that the main effect of fluoridation...the effect on the pineal gland...can be mitigated with just a few hours of exposure to sunlight I'm not going to stress it. For the record I haven't looked into the sources of the bottled water I drink, I have no reason to assume that it can't be contaminated with fluoride as well but again there's always mr. sol add far add any complacency on my part just try cutting me off on the freeway or questioning my integrity and see where that gets you.

Last edited:
This is just plain tragedy imo.

When will politicians and business people realize that true freedom is to be able to live off the land without fear of being poisoned by drinking the water that springs from the Earth?

It only takes a few hours for idiots to damage what nature takes thousands of years to fix.

For me the real complacency is tied directly to the cynical approach to environmentalism and other progressive approaches to civilization. Industry Onceler billionaires and oil execs lobby heavily for deregulation of mining and oil industries and fund anti-evironmmental thinking to brainwash the massee to believe that global warming=mythology. This way they can happily blast mountains apart for minerals and tough crap for anyone who lives downstream. Our willingness to allow ourselves to be contaminated, and to in turn vote for the voice of industry is the biggest con-game of our times.

The price we continue to pay for capitalism not taking environmental costs into their profit equations will be paid for by many generations to come. I see similar brainwashing at work convincing people to believe that health care is somehow bad for the masses. These are surreal times when we insist on making claims for death and disease being good for us.

For me the real complacency is tied directly to the cynical approach to environmentalism and other progressive approaches to civilization. Industry Onceler billionaires and oil execs lobby heavily for deregulation of mining and oil industries and fund anti-evironmmental thinking to brainwash the massee to believe that global warming=mythology. This way they can happily blast mountains apart for minerals and tough crap for anyone who lives downstream. Our willingness to allow ourselves to be contaminated, and to in turn vote for the voice of industry is the biggest con-game of our times.

The price we continue to pay for capitalism not taking environmental costs into their profit equations will be paid for by many generations to come. I see similar brainwashing at work convincing people to believe that health care is somehow bad for the masses. These are surreal times when we insist on making claims for death and disease being good for us.
ugh... once again... yes, natural global warming, cooling, ice ages are very real. human influence on warming is minimal. yes air, land, ocean pollution by humans should be closely monitored, IMO contaminating subsurfaces and farm lands should be a primary concern right now.
IMO magnetic energy, geothermal, steam, and things Tesla was working on are areas we should focus on.

Back