• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

So the Baalbek stones.....

Bergen

Paranormal Maven
ive yet to hear any real explanation for these , how they were moved etc. Anyone have any theories ?

i dont really pay much heed to the "mysteries of how they built the pyramids" as i dont think theres anything there that is impossible. The Baalbek stones however is just incredibly large with one of the stones weighing up to 1200 pounds !! . One of these stones is even raised on top of a lower layer of stones.

Baalbek-old-photo.jpg

( on the left you see a person )

any thoughts ?

ps. ive just become a member and im aware this might have been posted before

It's hard to say, but to suppose that aliens (as our friend giorgio tsoukalos would say) are responsible is not adhearing to Occam's razor. Although I personally would love to believe that this it is probably not so. I think that it is safe to assume that ancient man was far more Ingenious than we want to give them credit for. Either way cool stuff.

I believe ancient man was much smarter than we give them credit for and i also find it possible that we may have had ideas or inventions given to us or discovered that werent from this planet or dimension.I like to think to that Mac Tonnies and others idea of another race living with us is true and ancient man may have had some contact with them or come across some of their inventions or ideas or ruins and learned certain techniques from them :)

ive yet to hear any real explanation for these , how they were moved etc. Anyone have any theories ?
i dont really pay much heed to the "mysteries of how they built the pyramids" as i dont think theres anything there that is impossible.

Well as soon as you can actually fly to Egypt and touch the Pyramid it was possible:) but the question what technologies were used to build them. I find a theory of using copper chisel and hammer just insulting for anybody who has a slightest clue about engineering.
The Baalbek stones however is just incredibly large with one of the stones weighing up to 1200 pounds !! . One of these stones is even raised on top of a lower layer of stones.

Baalbek-old-photo.jpg

any thoughts ?

I think it is possible to figure out who these humongous blocks where cut, moved and placed but it will require a serious work of construction engineers, geologists, top notch gear and No Preconceive Notions.

This may be off subject but that person to the left in the picture (shadow man) looks a bit strange. Why isn't any light reflecting off him? What is that, a stovepipe hat? No reply needed as one would of had to of been there to know for sure :) just like how they put those massive stones in place.

According to Scientific American in 2011 (could've been Discover), brain size in Homo Sapiens has shrunk from about 1500 cc down to 1350 cc in the last 20,000 years. That's about the size of a baseball and is the same difference as between us and Homo Erectus. We're not getting smarter, folks. We're just standing on the shoulders of giants.

So-called "investigators" proclaiming that the pyramids (or Baalbek) could not have been done without help from Aliens is about on par with scientists saying with absolute certainty that travel between the stars is impossible. Just because we don't understand how these things could be done don't mean diddly.

We're not as smart as we think we are, and our ancestors did things we can't do today. Because with all this technology, we've forgotten how to be clever. Let's face it, using a crane or a bulldozer for everything is easier than thinking.

As a species, we've lost more knowledge the we even possess today. When Graham Hancock says "we're a species with amnesia," he is spot on.

My 2¢.

i dont really pay much heed to the "mysteries of how they built the pyramids" as i dont think theres anything there that is impossible. The Baalbek stones however is just incredibly large with one of the stones weighing up to 1200 pounds !! . One of these stones is even raised on top of a lower layer of stones.

Baalbek-old-photo.jpg

any thoughts ?

Has concrete been ruled out instead of quarrying?
Cutting a big stone and moving it, without breaking it, is a stupendous feat of engineering.
A bunch of guys carrying buckets of concrete is......eh.

Just to point out that claims about the impossibility of moving such heavy objects
even with today's technology are patently false. The Transporter Crawler used to
move our ( let me emphasize here ... real spacecraft ) into launch position are
carrying about 12 million pounds.
l.jpg

@ Doug McRevice - I am awarding you 100 points just for your name.

I have posted elsewhere on the forum that I also believe that humans are in a way, getting less smart as time goes on. The more we rely on technology to do things for us, laziness kicks in and we, as a species, start to forget what was once common knowledge. If the sum of human knowledge was in books and electronic data just now, and we were to fall victim to a planet-smashing near earth asteroid, even if some humans survived, we would lose so much knowledge that it may take centuries to rediscover it.

I think standards of written English have fallen, certainly spelling and grammar. Yes, I do think textspeak and emails are partly to blame. Also, in schools there is less emphasis on grammar and spelling. When I was in high school, English was mostly about comprehension.

Of course it is also the case that at any point in time, we have nearly the sum of knowledge from before and up to that point and the further into the future we go, the more knowledge we collect and have to keep in book or electronic media format. All this knowledge takes a lot of time to gain and because we cannot possibly keep it in our heads, we rely more and more on it's storage. If that stored knowledge is destroyed, it's almost like going back to square one.

Interesting, and I wonder myself. I know from a life time of wearing glasses that corrective lens will make your eyes a little lazy. The benifit is being able to see so I'm not knocking it. But, the truth is that once you make it easier then the muscles don't work as hard. We have spell check and simply use short cuts "Lol, Roflmao, psycyridtir...Aw, heck I'll google the correct spelling. We no longer have to think about history or do extensive research if we don't feel like it. Now, don't get me wrong. I enjoy it. I have bookmarks for everything from Alabama football to Atlanta Braves baseball to u.f.o's to my favorite movies and t.v. shows. I have Stephen King novels on my Kindle and Art Bell podcast on my Ipod and pc. I read the news on websites and I talk on forums about everything from sports to books to the paranormal. But, yeah I think we are getting lazy as a species. However, so far civilization has adapted and I think this one will be able to continue to grow. But, we certainly are having some hiccups right now. I'm not a conspiracy theorist and I think December 2012 will be uhhh, December 2012 just as October 1976 was October 1976. But, things are changing and I think technology is going to continue to speed up. I just wish our spiritual/emotional evolution would keep up with our technology. So, far that hasn't happened.

Back