• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Sleep Paralysis question...

The One

Paranormal Novice
I want to get your take on sleep paralysis and its link to possible outerbody expierances. Iv had , especially frequently, moments when i go to lay down next to my wife, and while i relax and doze off on my back, i can feel my body , entire body, like pins and needles.I then feel my vision rush through the sheets, and i can see, but very dimmed, like i squinted my eyes.its wierd because ive navigated through my apartment, and things seem dark, even though i usually leave my lights in the kitchen on. Iv got no clue if its my imagination, or what.Ive tried to focus on certain things, but my vision is poor during this expierance.And i kno im not physically walking around or else my wife wouldve dragged me down lol...have any of u had outerbody expierances? is my account similiar? Now the reason why i put this in the ghost section was because, ever since my wife saw a ghost of a child with a extra large shirt walking by her 3 years ago in our hallway,ive been having these issues on and off, and maybe its related??? idk, its just a feeling i have , hard to explain..

Very interesting. Being a skeptic, I cannon comment on the reality of what you saw, but that does not mean that I do not believe that you and your wife did have a very unusual experience. Keep us updated if you have any communication. Cheers. pb<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

My wife is what you would call the ideal skeptic. She was until she saw what she can only describe as a ghost. It was about 3 1/2 yrs ago, and she was pregnant with my son at the time. She woke up for a drink at about 2am ,stepped into the kitchen while i was sitll in bed, and i heard her gasp.So i jumped up and asked what happnd..she told me, in a calm voice, i saw a boy walk into our living room. Mind you, my wife doesnt believe in anything paranormal, shes like, anti paranormal, but not anymore. i personally havent seen what she saw, but ever since, ive been having instances where i fall alseep,and i feel like theres a ton on my body and cant move. Or, ill feel pins and needles. Only recently have i felt like i was sort of coming out of my body, so to speak.Im a young(28)healthy guy, workout everyday, have a physical lifestyle. I dont kno whats wrong with me. lol..or if its anything wrong at all

My wife is what you would call the ideal skeptic. She was until she saw what she can only describe as a ghost. It was about 3 1/2 yrs ago, and she was pregnant with my son at the time. She woke up for a drink at about 2am ,stepped into the kitchen while i was sitll in bed, and i heard her gasp.So i jumped up and asked what happnd..she told me, in a calm voice, i saw a boy walk into our living room. Mind you, my wife doesnt believe in anything paranormal, shes like, anti paranormal, but not anymore. i personally havent seen what she saw, but ever since, ive been having instances where i fall alseep,and i feel like theres a ton on my body and cant move. Or, ill feel pins and needles. Only recently have i felt like i was sort of coming out of my body, so to speak.Im a young(28)healthy guy, workout everyday, have a physical lifestyle. I dont kno whats wrong with me. lol..or if its anything wrong at all

Hi One

I won't pretend to know much about ghost visions, if that's what happened to your wife. But I do know someone who has seen ghosts before and had some verification as to the person she has seen...for example yes, there used to be a monastery here. So I think they are real on some level. If there is the spirit of a young boy who is stuck there it would probably be a good idea to say some prayers for him or get someone (if you know a psychic/priest/rabbi etc) to come to your house and do this. I don't want to take a guess at what's going on with you but if you feel it started with your wife's sighting then maybe that should be the place you start from. I hope it works out for you. This kinda stuff is hard to deal with in a society that denies its existence.

Best wishes

Keiko

I'm not entirely sure sleep paralysis is related to the paranormal. My experiences with sleep paralysis are similar, but without the pin and needle feelings. But being unable to move, and seemingly having out of body experiences. Our memory, although at times can seem to be unreliable, actually is very reliable. Our brain can easily rebuild locations we've seen even if we've only been there once. In most dreams however these locations tend to appear backwards. And what you might be experiencing is a half-waking dream where you can feel your physical body, but you're dreaming about walking through your home at the same time. The reason for the darkness or lack of clarity could be because of the fact that it's a dream, that your eyelids are closed and that you're in bed, not actually walking around. I've had the same thing happen where I'm dreaming about let's say my room, and it's super dark, but I know I left the light on before I went to sleep. So it doesn't make sense that my room is dark when I know I left the light on. Not until I wake up and realize, oh duh, my eyelids are causing darkness and my head was under the covers. Or something to that effect.

Do I believe in out-of-body experiences? Sure, I think they're possible. But I think this one might just be your brain playing tricks on you.

The thing with your wife is freaky. That would have freaked me the hell out.

EDIT: Also, I doubt there's anything wrong with you. I recommend that if you really don't like those experiences, that you try affirmations or give yourself commands before you sleep that you're going to sleep normal and dream normal. After a while of doing this before your sleep, your brain and body should stop doing the sleep paralysis stuff. It could be over night, or it could be a month. But it's worth it in the end if it stops you from feeling that way.

first off, thanks for the replies, i dont feel alone in this unexplained phenom. But i pondered last night what could be the cause. Im not, so to speak against these expierances, im more curious then anything.Ive opened up my eyes to paranormal possibilities since my wife had her sighting. I loosely believed before, and she totally confirmed everything for me. The wierd thing is, for some reason, my wife doesnt want to talk about it much in detail when i ask her about it.She told me the boy was kind of pale,had a sort of 70's hair style(bowl cut), and was wearing an extra large tshirt(her discription was it looked like it couldve been his dads shirt)he didnt acknowledge her,walked within 2 feet of her, and dissapeared into my living room.(btw we dont us enay drugs my wife doesnt drink or anything! lol) At first it didnt seem like it was a traumatic for her, but maybe it was and she doesnt want to disclose it.Her theory behind the sighting was that the boy was watching after our son, whom she had complications during pregnancy with, and my son was also born premature and had a very rough first 2 months of his life(hes very very healthy now btw) So ive been trying to research this because its something of great interest to me..I kno im thinking random and out of the box, but im trying to see, if possible, maybe some paranormal happenings may have a little something to do with sleep paralysis. Although its hard to figure, because our minds play tricks with us, and its hard to decipher reality from dream...uhhh questions questionssss...lol

'Don’t know if this helps, but I have been doing lucid dreaming for some time. I had my wife place some very old books on the top level of one of our book shelves, which is about 7 feet from the floor. My experiment is to go through our wall during a lucid dream and "read" the title of the book. If I got it right, this would help with the hypothesis that lucid dreaming is close to an OBE. So far, I was able to stick my hands through our wall, and part of my head, but it was like pushing against a force field of some sort. This is very strange, as I know that I am having a dream, and hence I should be able to go through walls like a knife through hot butter. Go figure.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

you see, my expierance is a bit different, where as i feel like im flying uncontrolled through my apartment.I kno im flying because the view i see everything is high, but im not going through walls im avoiding them. My most recent occurance was about a wk ago, where my body was paralyzed, and i remember telling myself,to relax and try to control the experiance. As i did this, i flew outta my bed, and quickly into my livingroom, then back to my bedroom. it was wired because i felt like i was at 2 places at once.I felt myself sleeping, but at the same time knew i was flying in my apartment..Sounds crazy, and let me tell u, im 28, and ive never done any drugs what so ever, from what i kno im of sound mind and body.I hardly , if ever drink. I dont kno whats inducing this, but i intend to possibly, try to iniate an ODE, and see if its similiar.

Does sleep paralysis experiments / research /tools actually effect the outcome of the study regards electronics device readers and the current of magnetic fields of the individuals auras of the researcher watching the process?

In additions does the electronic currents, heating , cooling passing through the building structure and wiring effect the patients brain waves / patterns during the experiment?

Is sleep paralysis just a after shock of the encounter / magnetic fields after seeing and feeling effects?

How does the brain manged to keep such a electronic current in "75% fluid " ?

Hahaha, I love that with the Monty Python Foot.

But Angelo is right here - the condition known as sleep paralysis has nothing to do with the paranormal. It's a known physiological episode, nothing more, nothing less. Now, the alleged existence of other experiences where the subject is paralyzed is a totally another topic.

The original post doesn't even sound like a sleep paralysis episode to me. It looks more like an OBE or a condition which might prelude an OBE.

I've actually experienced sleep paralysis. At the time I was reading a lot on abductions and was already introduced to the sleep paralysis argument vs. abductions - the thing where people experiencing sleep paralysis also hallucinate about a presence or see shades. So, when it happened to me I got scared shitless that I was gonna start to hallucinate under the influence of the abduction literature. And I never had anything similar to any facet of the abduction experience, but I was really scared that my mind will start playing with me, since I have a wild imagination and the stuff I read about had a profound deterring influence on my attempts at sleeping peacefully. :D

Luckily, nothing happened other than the paralysis which lasted for about 2 or 3 seconds, maybe less. Now when I experience it, I just struggle out of it.

But I also experienced something similar to the stuff written by the OP. I'll try and explain it. Wonder if someone else here experienced anything like this:

It always happens when I'm lying on my back and it's basically akin to the state before deep sleep. I experience the humming or squeaking sound in my ears and a sort of acceleration, but only in the brain - not quite physical. Like the brain is going to a Star Wars type hyperdrive. Nothing paranormal or abduction-narrative related there, many times I snapped right out of it. But a lot of times I feel like I can continue that state and go even deeper in a way. And I think I read somewhere about astral travel or OBEs and this was very similar to the state before an OBE. I guess it would probably just lead to me getting fully asleep but who knows. The first time it happened it was like one of the wildest and most lucid dreams I ever had. I was aware of being in the dorm room but I had incredible insight into some things. I know it sounds stupid, but then I felt like I had incredible insight into some technical aspects of drawing (I'm constantly trying to beef up my drawing skills) which eluded me before. And it was very vivid, accompanied by the humming and that sort of acceleration. The state feels like it can be induced before going to sleep and continued but so far I was too chicken shit to do that. Especially when alone, but I even chickened out when someone was sleeping in the same room as me or next to me. I'm just too scared to start hallucinating about entities or something...:D

I love how you just drop in like the big Monty Python foot from the sky to squash everything paranormal. You're too funny.

How does this benefit you?

It doesn't benefit me, but to continue to think that sleep paralysis is something paranormal is to think that your foot falling asleep is paranormal. It feels really weird, but there's nothing paranormal about it.

A bit OT but I didn't want to start a new thread about this.

2 years ago I was told by an acquaintance that the ringing in my ears (Tinnitus from years of operating heavy equipment) was important data and cranial upgrades being downloaded from "star people" and that I am an Ascended Master. I was told that I am going to be a great leader when the final event happens and the Elders return to Earth. She notified her contacts that she found the "chosen one" and I spent the next year asking theses loony people to stop contacting me about it. Apparently I am now a "fallen" Master and will be one of the first to be eliminated.

I suggest you all be nice to me or I will have the "Galactic Federation of Light" goons probe you. ;)

A bit OT but I didn't want to start a new thread about this.

2 years ago I was told by an acquaintance that the ringing in my ears (Tinnitus from years of operating heavy equipment) was important data and cranial upgrades being downloaded from "star people" and that I am an Ascended Master. I was told that I am going to be a great leader when the final event happens and the Elders return to Earth. She notified her contacts that she found the "chosen one" and I spent the next year asking theses loony people to stop contacting me about it. Apparently I am now a "fallen" Master and will be one of the first to be eliminated.

I suggest you all be nice to me or I will have the "Galactic Federation of Light" goons probe you. ;)

That was hilarious! However, if true, I'm screwed. I think we've had too many spats about certain topics for you to go easy on me, pixel.

Well that makes me feel better. My day was almost ruined.

I just searched the data I have downloaded into my head and it appears I am still able to do you harm because of a loop hole in Galactic Federation policies involving Ascended "Nordic" Masters. My Master status is still valid until the Elders convene on Earth with me present to verbally state my case. It seems my thought transmissions are getting garbled because of some sort of magnetic pulsing of an unknown origin.

I am preparing a special probe just for Angel.

It doesn't benefit me, but to continue to think that sleep paralysis is something paranormal is to think that your foot falling asleep is paranormal. It feels really weird, but there's nothing paranormal about it.

I think you're missing the point. It's not that I don't agree with your statement, I do understand the phenemenon of sleep paralysis... It's just that it seems you are ever lurking to swoop in and decry "definately not paranormal!" -as if it is your job. It reminds me of that In Living Color skit (or was it SNL?) where the dude is always showing up to parties just to deliver his punchline of "I'll dip my balls in it!" Except your line is "definately not paranormal."

I think you're missing the point. It's not that I don't agree with your statement, I do understand the phenemenon of sleep paralysis... It's just that it seems you are ever lurking to swoop in and decry "definately not paranormal!" -as if it is your job. It reminds me of that In Living Color skit (or was it SNL?) where the dude is always showing up to parties just to deliver his punchline of "I'll dip my balls in it!" Except your line is "definately not paranormal."

Why let someone think it's paranormal when it isn't? It's an actual, proven sleep disorder that was responsible for the reports of the incubus and succubus. Why be part of a forum when you can't comment on something though?
It's something that is a certainty, so I felt like I was justified in saying something.

Back