• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Skinwalker Ranch: No Trespassing

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
Ryan Skinner has co-authored a new "Skinwalker Ranch" book and will be joining us tomorrow, THURSDAY JUNE 26th at 11 pac time. Please post your questions here...

1. Does Bigelow actually own the ranch now?
  2. Why is the ranch professionally guarded now?
  3. Are the guards employed by EG&G?

gQsArD

These four paragraphs, summarizing the four parts into which the book is divided, come from the book's intro, and I think it'll help you focus on the questions you want to ask:

"Book 1 has as its objective to introduce the reader to the general history of Utah—primarily the rich abundance of prehistoric treasures, its original inhabitants and the cultural contributions of the Native Americans that reside to this day in the state. In addition, there is a brief piece on the location and history of the Ranch, and some insight on Robert T. Bigelow, his aerospace program and its relationship with MUFON.

"Book 2 provides an inside look at Mr. Bigelow’s interest in the Ranch and the paranormal by revealing the contents of a confidential interview involving the director of one of his earlier initiatives and two investigators with key roles. In addition, there is a never before published interview with a prior resident of the Ranch.

"Book 3 takes a look at a specific psychic investigation which focused on the ranch. The content of a confidential document produced as a result of that investigation provides specific details as to the objective of the investigation and its outcome. The second part of Book 3 presents excerpts from the Daily Security Logs generated by the security staff at the Ranch in 2009. Through these excerpts, the reader receives an inside perspective as to paranormal activity and the presence of aerial anomalies on the property, as well as the security routines and strategies for dealing with potential trespassers.

Book 4 is a series of narratives from individuals throughout the Four Corners territories that either personally experienced paranormal or extraterrestrial activity or have attempted to investigate for themselves activity on the Ranch."

Ryan: How did you come into contact with D.L. Wallace, and why is he so interested in the “Skinwalker Ranch?”

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryan: Are there other locations in the area around Skynwalker Ranch that have similar activity and if so what type of activity?

Mr. Skinner, what is your take on former MUFON Director James Carrion's experiences when attempting to investigate the Skinwalker Ranch case?

For reference, here is an excerpt from his blogpost regarding the matter:

"[After being denied access to the ranch itself], we spent our time interviewing new witnesses around the Ranch. Our contact person was Brad Newton (real name withheld) who has researched the area for many years. What I learned from Brad is what has led to the doubts I now harbor.

Brad worked with NIDS on the ranch and mentioned that after an alleged sighting, metal rods were found on the ranch that were sent to NIDS for analysis. Brad was in contact with a NIDS scientist who informed him that the rods were made from Element 115 and did not originate on earth, and that he (the scientist) had worked at Area 51 on a reverse engineering project where they had accumulated 300 pounds of this material. This in a nutshell is the Bob Lazar story.

Through Dr. Salisbury, we were able to interview the brother of the original owner of the ranch who sold it to the Shermans who subsequently sold it to Bigelow. The ranch owner’s brother was adamant that there was no UFO or strange activity on the ranch prior to the Sherman’s purchase, contrary to what was discussed in the Skinwalker Book and that he (the owner’s brother) had personally received a call from Bigelow trying to convince him otherwise. I found this to be extremely odd and disturbing. I also subsequently learned of a business relationship between Lazar and Bigelow (documented in the MUFON archives)."

Did you encounter anything similar in your research and investigation? Were you fed any stories that you found to be disinformation by anyone supposedly in-the-know about the events at the ranch?

Also, did you make contact with any relatives of the Meyers (the pre-Sherman ranch owners) in your investigation?

Mr. Skinner-
What does Mr. Bigelow hope to get out of owning the Skinwalker Ranch? Is he interested in making contact with the entities that supposedly live there? Of understanding some kind of universal secret? Also, do you know if Mr. Bigelow ever intends to release solid evidence to the general scientific community and is he close to doing that?

Ryan: How did you come into contact with D.L. Wallace, and why is he so interested in the “Skinwalker Ranch?”
He was the editor for my first book and took an interest in the stories I was sharing with him. D.L. Wallace is somewhat of a counterbalance to me. He was enthralled with some of the stories that have been sent to me over the years and wanted assist in the background research in regards to the ranch property, history, and lore. A invaluable asset for his research and editorial assistance. He is one of the few people i can call both a professional and a friend.

"ranch owner’s brother was adamant that there was no UFO or strange activity on the ranch prior to the Sherman’s purchase, contrary to what was discussed in the Skinwalker Book" we have uncovered evidence from other ranch owners testimony which contradicts Dr Salisbury's findings in his book

Mr. Skinner-
What does Mr. Bigelow hope to get out of owning the Skinwalker Ranch? Is he interested in making contact with the entities that supposedly live there? Of understanding some kind of universal secret? Also, do you know if Mr. Bigelow ever intends to release solid evidence to the general scientific community and is he close to doing that?
members from his team have told me that he has moved on to other projects, but I still see that as a distraction. If true they whey are they building more concrete barriers at the front gate, adding more cameras, and more armed guards?... Bigelow has a contract with the government (I cannot prove this statement this is what I have been told by several employees). Thus he will not and likely CANNOT release what he knows to the public or he will lose his funding (and possibly more for violating a government NDA)

I'm running late as usual. According to my clock you're still taping. Q: Why is NSA interested in Skinwalker?
from what I've read and from what I've been told its the Department of Defense, but in our discussion supposedly "Chip" the insider who worked on the ranch .. Chris claims (and I must have heard him wrong) that the NSA signs his checks... I will double check with my source on this.

I just spoke to Chip and he confirmed it is the NSA. I know his boss was ex NSA but from other employees I've been told the Skinwalker Ranch "contract" was with the Department of Defense. Its all muddled now... just the way these organizations like it.

Ryan, I blame you (and George Knapp) on getting me hooked on the mystery that is Skinwalker Ranch. I took a trip through the area once on vacation about 2 years ago. My question is would you ever want a sidekick for one of your investigative trips?

I blame George Knapp as well for writing such an inspiring, imaginative yet true, book. Trust me going out alone is one of the loneliest scariest feelings one could encounter. I've done it several times, but even I wont venture to some places around the ranch alone (not that a friend could do much to help you).

Thank you for your reply, Mr. Skinner. I apologize for not having read your book before hearing your interview, but I purchased it and will dive in very soon. Thanks, again.

Ryan, I am actually from a county just next to Tyler County that you were talking about. I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex now but get back there quite often. If you need any pre-research done or help with any part of your upcoming investigation please let me know. I'll actually contact you on your website so I can tell you a bit more about myself. Be safe out there.

Back