• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

sigh the return of the birthers...

I watched a program quite a few years ago now, where someone took all of W's antics, ever captured on film- and put something like the "Benny Hill Show" music to it all. Example- the guy who took off both shoes and threw them at W's head.(W dodged both shoes with cat like reflexes) W's walking into a room and quick "back rub" to a woman who cringed like she was being groped by the devil.
There must have been a full half hour of hilarious footage, like the above mentioned.

That would be funny. They (the media) just punished W like a whippin' boy. The truth is, he and his cabinet deserved it, but not one bit more than the Prince who in my opinion, is the most inept and inexperienced president this country has ever had. The guy is living in la la land on our dime. He will do so for the rest of his natural life. Did you see how much the "people's man" and Miss Bling spent in Hawaii recently? That makes me sick.

"Miss Bling" that is funny. Did they pull a "Bill Gates" and "Book" an entire Island?

I don't know the extent of their plans but they cost you and I 4 million just over the Christmas holidays. You know much Obama and his old lady cost us each year? 1.4 BILLION DOLLARS!!! That's completely insane.

Do you know how much is spent on the Royal Family each year? 57.8 million, that's how much. We are paying obozo 20 times that and he BLOWS as a president! Still love 'em?

Obama family 'costs taxpayers $1.4BILLION per year' | Mail Online

I don't know the extent of their plans but they cost you and I 4 million just over the Christmas holidays. You know much Obama and his old lady cost us each year? 1.4 BILLION DOLLARS!!! That's completely insane.

Do you know how much is spent on the Royal Family each year? 57.8 million, that's how much. We are paying obozo 20 times that and he BLOWS as a president! Still love 'em?
Obama family 'costs taxpayers $1.4BILLION per year' | Mail Online

Can't say I have any love for politicians in general. I am convinced at this point, that the two party system is a front- public diversion. There are elements of the far right that are concerning, and have affected me personally at a local level. I tend to lean left during Town elections, as our local Tea Party would like nothing better than to privatize all and any services.

The Tea Party was the creation of FreedomWorks, a conservative think tank funded by billionaires. It was astroturf. It wasn't a grassroots movement, but something promoted by the Koch Brothers, Fox News, etc.

Can't say I have any love for politicians in general. I am convinced at this point, that the two party system is a front- public diversion. There are elements of the far right that are concerning, and have affected me personally at a local level. I tend to lean left during Town elections, as our local Tea Party would like nothing better than to privatize all and any services.

I believe in one thing. Life, Liberty, and the PURSUIT of HAPPINESS. Notice how pursuit of happiness is an active phrase. I do not believe that anyone is entitled to anything that they themselves don't work for or actually pursue. No one deserves a penny for sitting on their ass. Nobody. I believe in productivity on every level and participation from everybody. As citizens of any sovereign country we all have the exact same obligations. Those who work harder, should benefit more, not less. The obligations that I just referred to do in fact include fully taking care of the DISABLED and ELDERLY in every sense, but NO ONE ELSE.

This country has lost it's value due to self serving political buffoonery. We are in what I can only describe as a "hot mess".

I fully agree, having to work two jobs to support my family of 4- Yet there are some families on my street, young parents unemployed with 4 or more kids. I'm all for programs to help those in need until they are able to get back on their feet, but an able bodied 30 yr old guy should be out working day and night if nescessary- not collecting a steady monthly check and pro creating.

No unemployment check is sufficient to cover more than a bare bones living style. Except for a very few, it's not a substitute for a real job.

I agree with unemployment subsidies. I just COMPLETELY disagree with how the program is implemented, qualified for, and REIMBURSED. Where the heck did this idea that money should be free, or the government owes me, come from? Unemployment is sometimes a necessity for families between incomes. If your Dad was kind enough to give you 1000.00 bucks to get you through the tough times between jobs so your family could stay warm and eat, wouldn't you WANT to pay him back to keep from feeling like a complete low life dirt bag? Do these people have spines?

So how do you change it so people legitimately out of work get their insurance payment — because it is insurance — and you make it more difficult for the slackers?

Gene,
IMO, insurance should be illegalized. It's nothing but protection money. It's a racket that the mob used for hundreds of years to extort money and thereby profit. Eliminate insurance, make all health care costs the out of pocket responsibility of individual citizens, with an absolute "protected citizen" guarenteed subsidie available to all those that LEGITIMATELY require it. That's how.

Without the insurance companies in their antagonizing "needless middle man" roles, the medical industry would be forced to lower their prices just like any other market commodity. Done deal.

There is NO ONE in this country illegitimately, including pregnant foriegn women, that should be afforded health care. Not unless there is an absolute program in place in which they can REPAY the care they have recieved.

We are not the world's keeper and ever since the Korean War we have been going down this BS world baby sitter road to hell in a hat basket.

Lets get 'er back on track. The REAL lady liberty that is.

So, fine, someone doesn't have enough money to pay the hospital, let them die, eh?

No, I figure Obama can pick up the tab. I mean he and his family spend 4 mil on a little vaca. I am certain they could afford to pay for one of his. Why not the dieing person outside the hospital?

Come on! Is that what I just stated? Why can't these people REPAY what we give them? Where is the common sense system that should be in place to keep from incurring such a needless deficit?

BTW, I do NOT feel responsible for anyone other than myself. That's called "taking the road to responsibility" which I and millions of others have already done many years ago.

Are you honestly stating here that you think just because we have medical facilities that anyone that strolls into an emergency room should be taken and treated without reservation?

Gene, that's kind of opposite from reality. Nothing real about it. If it were that way, it'd take 14 years just to get your soar throat checked. Money doesn't grow on trees or in anybodies heart for that matter. You gotta stay real to keep it real.

Last edited:
So what about people who catch the flu or a cold because someone else in the office isn't being treated because they can't repay? That's part of the philosophy behind the law that requires emergency rooms to treat anyone, regardless of the ability to pay. That was passed during the Reagan administration, by the way.

In this world, only the 1% can pay those hospital bills, such as $150 for an aspirin.

So what about people who catch the flu or a cold because someone else in the office isn't being treated because they can't repay? That's part of the philosophy behind the law that requires emergency rooms to treat anyone, regardless of the ability to pay. That was passed during the Reagan administration, by the way.

In this world, only the 1% can pay those hospital bills, such as $150 for an aspirin.

Gene,
There shouldn't be a "choice" to repay. That should be mandatory. That's called responsibility and equates with the reality that hospitals are incredibly expensive to operate and run. Does the law include those here illegally? If so, we have one more reason to hang the politicians in my opinion.

But don't you see, the problem is the 150.00 asprin due to the insurance companies involvement. Very common sense issue here Gene, and again, no I do NOT feel responsible for anyone other than me. When is the last time someone took responsibility for me?

I fully agree, having to work two jobs to support my family of 4- Yet there are some families on my street, young parents unemployed with 4 or more kids. I'm all for programs to help those in need until they are able to get back on their feet, but an able bodied 30 yr old guy should be out working day and night if nescessary- not collecting a steady monthly check and pro creating.

Man, you and I are on the exact same page on this whole thing. How many of those people have saught to have two part time jobs at fast food resturantes to get them through? I've worked 55-70 hours a week my entire life. WTF, can't they?

We do have a large percent of US population who are born into "poverty" by parents who should not be having children they can not financially care for. Some of these kids are able to rise above this financial burden, but many can not. So the cycle continues. Seems to me a complicated situation all around. A small percentage of population bringing in millions a year and living extravagent lifestyle, not thinking twice before stepping on the backs of their employees just to bring in an extra couple million.

Man, you and I are on the exact same page on this whole thing. How many of those people have saught to have two part time jobs at fast food resturantes to get them through? I've worked 55-70 hours a week my entire life. WTF, can't they?
My father did the same, perhaps I'm wired the same. But yeah, Full time day, part time night, and umpiring little league during baseball season for the extra cash- but still living paycheck to paycheck. Still, I consider myself fortunate- I know how bad it is out there for many.

Back