• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Show Suggestion: Chase Brandon (CIA guy admits Roswell happened)

red_pill_junkie

Paranormal Adept
Chase Brandon is a former CIA liaison between the agency and the entertainment industry. His duties involved consulting studios about scripts, suggesting stories and help promote the image of the CIA and the way it was portrayed by Hollywood studios and TV shows.

cb4.jpg

He just wrote a book titled The Crypto's Conundrum, and during the interviews he's done to promote it he's already made quite a controversial claim. Basically, he says he was able to see evidence that confirmed to him Roswell happened, that it wasn't a Mogul balloon or nothing of the sort, and that 'cadavers were recovered'

For more information, please read:

Roswell UFO Was Not Of This Earth And There Were ET Cadavers: Ex-CIA Agent Says

And also

Silver Screen Saucers: Senior CIA Officer Claims Knowledge of Roswell-Alien Cover-up

So this is probably the first time a senior CIA officer has stated on the record the reality of Roswell.

"It was a vaulted area and not everybody could get in it," Brandon told The Huffington Post. "One day, I was looking around in there and reading some of the titles that were mostly hand-scribbled summations of what was in the boxes. And there was one box that really caught my eye. It had one word on it: Roswell.
"I took the box down, lifted the lid up, rummaged around inside it, put the box back on the shelf and said, 'My god, it really happened!'"
What exactly did the box contain that had such a powerful impact on Brandon?

"Some written material and some photographs, and that's all I will ever say to anybody about the contents of that box," he said. "But it absolutely, for me, was the single validating moment that everything I had believed, and knew that so many other people believed had happened, truly was what occurred,"

So I think Gene & Chris should invite Brandon to the Paracast, and put him on the 'interrogation seat' so to speak ;)

I'll go ahead and second this, because I smell bullshit. Just because he's a senior member of the CIA doesn't mean he would be given willy nilly access to classified data. That's not how compartmentalization works. If you don't have a need to know, you don't get to see anything, and why the hell would the guy whose job it is to interface with the media need to know anything about Roswell?

Just based on his audio interview here

So far I am intrigued by Chase. He told a story about The Kennedy Conspiracy, the information had nothing to do with his CIA contacts and yet he shared that story with us. An interesting guy.
The Roswell story he told is exactly what we already know. The press release, the cover up etc. He is simply saying what is known in the public arena, again his info i believe is not based at all on his CIA information, he just talking like anyone else who has done some individual private research like we all have. The point he does talk about professionally is something our own Walter Bosley talks about, perception management in regards to the UFO topic and intelligence in general. Yes i actually really paid attention to the interview. Although he does say "Machiavelli" to often ;)
All in all he is a good CIA liaison to the entertainment sector of American Society. I would really like to hear him interviewed on the Paracast and/or on DMR. Still listening to the interview but thought I'd add to the discussion.

OK so i just got the part he is saying in the days before even Zerox machines only mimeograph machines and filing cabinets he opened desk drawers and found found all manner of "really interesting stuff". Stuff that was stacking up since the closure of the OSS. Seems like he implies years later he had access to the HIC (Historical Intelligence Collection) once by himself, and boxes filled with this"really interesting stuff". One box was labeled Roswell, in it he saw materials, papers, items and 100% guarantees in his heart and soul Roswell happened. There was a craft and cadavers.
He even goes into the Ramey photo examination.

So that's his story, sound interesting still to me. Retired CIA guy with some fascinating stories and insights how can you not want to talk to him?

So that's his story, sound interesting still to me. Retired CIA guy with some fascinating stories and insights how can you not want to talk to him?

I think the general consensus from the members of the UFOlogy community I've commented on this story is that there's something fishy about Brandon. Basically he wants us to take him on his word based on his position inside the Intelligence community, without offering anything tangible to support his claims.

And that's not good enough. why should we hand him a free pass? He says disclosing the contents of the 'Roswell' box —as if it was the giant warehouse portrayed in the Indiana Jones movie, or the X Files— would be a "breach of national security", but disclosing the existence of the box isn't?

Cigarette_Smoking_Man_in_the_Pentagon.jpg

The CIA gig was real.
1997 News story, pre-Hollywood, USG book citing him in President Clinton Speech
Spy art openings an occasional top secret
William J. Clinton: 1997 bk. 2 July 1 to December 31, 1997 - United States. President (1993-2001 : Clinton), United States. Office of the Federal Register - Google Books

1998 CIA press release- verification of employment, Mother Jones CIA aricle
https://www.cia.gov/news-information/press-releases-statements/press-release-archive-

1998/pr060898.html
Left Out In The Cold | Mother Jones

1999 News stories
The Tuscaloosa News - Google News Archive Search
The CIA's Operation Hollywood

circa 2001, lots of press on the CIA film consulting gig (not included)

2010 summary of his CIA job
Hollywood Hitmen | FBI | Fortean Times

Nothing I came across suggested he had any reason to have special access to CIA saucer secrets. And if so, why spill the beans now, casually as background info on a SF book promotion? Media stunt seems more plausible.

I am sure the guy worked in the CIA and as a liason to Hollywood. So he knows how to sell books, or at least he knows the Hollywood method how to sell absolute crap to the masses. Hype some cr*p up right as you launch your book, and let the dust settle where it may. All PR is good PR.

As far as I read his only connection to Roswell was when he stumbled into some broom closet at CIA HQ and knocked over a box labelled "Roswell" that confirmed his suspicions. A tall tale, worthy of a cheese Hollywood b-movie, aka a Hollywood "blockbuster".

"It was a vaulted area and not everybody could get in it," Brandon said of his discovery. "One day, I was looking around in there and reading some of the titles that were mostly hand-scribbled summations of what was in the boxes. And there was one box that really caught my eye. It had one word on it: Roswell."
Although Brandon wouldn't reveal the contents of the box, he went as far as to say that they were enough to make him a believer of what he thought he already knew.
"I took the box down, lifted the lid up, rummaged around inside it, put the box back on the shelf and said, 'My god, it really happened!'"

I am sure the guy worked in the CIA and as a liason to Hollywood. So he knows how to sell books, or at least he knows the Hollywood method how to sell absolute crap to the masses. Hype some cr*p up right as you launch your book, and let the dust settle where it may. All PR is good PR.

As far as I read his only connection to Roswell was when he stumbled into some broom closet at CIA HQ and knocked over a box labelled "Roswell" that confirmed his suspicions. A tall tale, worthy of a cheese Hollywood b-movie, aka a Hollywood "blockbuster".

Excellent assessment of the situation. It's frankly unbelievable to me that anyone would give this joker any credence whatsoever. The idea that a guy whose job boils down to what is basically a media representative would be allowed to rummage through the CIA "secrets" closet is fucking ridiculous. That this guy waited until his book dropped to open his mouth is just the icing on the cake. Not to mention the fact that the CIA is notorious for destroying their own files, they did it with MK-ULTRA in the 70's and in plenty of other instances as well I'm sure. What they forgot to shred the documents and pictures from what would be the most explosive secret ever to leak? Give me a break. The Examiner article has it right, let's see some evidence or take a hike you assclown.

Excellent assessment of the situation. It's frankly unbelievable to me that anyone would give this joker any credence whatsoever. The idea that a guy whose job boils down to what is basically a media representative would be allowed to rummage through the CIA "secrets" closet is fucking ridiculous. The fact that this guy waited until his book dropped to open his mouth is just the icing on the cake. Not to mention the fact that the CIA is notorious for destroying their own files, they did it with MK-ULTRA in the 70's and in plenty of other instances as well I'm sure. What they forgot to shred the documents and pictures from what would be the most explosive secret ever to leak? Give me a break. The Examiner article has it right, let's see some evidence or take a hike you assclown.

It would be a mistake to assess Brandon as 'just' a PR guy working for the CIA.

Before he took that position —which he resisted at first— he spent 25 years of his career in the Agency’s elite Clandestine Service as an undercover, covert operations officer. His foreign assignments involved international terrorism, counterinsurgency, global narcotics trafficking and weapons smuggling. He was also an Agency foreign political affairs analyst, Presidential briefer to Bill Clinton and an instructor in paramilitary and espionage tactics at secret CIA training camps.

Obviously some disinformation is at work here. But what is the main motivation behind it remains unclear.

In any case, the story hasn't acquired a lot of traction yet in mainstream media.

My mistake, but still the fact remains that absolutely none of that would give him any need to know about Roswell. These days, he is just a media rep, a liason between the CIA and Hollywood. He has about as much need to know as the janitor. I don't know about disinfo, I think it's pretty simple really, want to raise your book sales? Make some shit up.

"...Presidential briefer to Bill Clinton..."
President Clinton wanted to know the truth about UFOs and the JFK assassination. It now seems he missed out by not asking the right guy.

So Brandon says the Roswell craft came down on the 8th? Looks like he didn't do his homework before making this up.:)

Billy Cox's article:

CIA smacks down former employee

“Our historians have found nothing in the Agency’s holdings to corroborate Mr. Brandon’s specific claims. The CIA has fielded numerous inquiries related to UFOs over the years, and the definitive account of the Agency’s role in UFO studies was published in 1997 and can be found — without redaction — on our website"

He certainly came off very well in the interview... he is obviously a very intelligent guy. But for someone who does indeed overuse the adjective "Machiavellian" I suspect there was some Machiavellian bs-ing at work in his account... I felt as though he was a little too keen to tell this story (the Kennedy tale seemed a little less deliberate); he certainly wasn't prompted or prodded to by John B Wells (who didn't exactly follow up on it either which I found kinda strange). The fact that he refused to say what was in the box and merely confirmed the official unofficial story was also problematic... there's no value-added or any new twist beyond a mere confirmation via a pretty unlikely story. I would, however, be hesitant to ascribe a pecuniary explanation too hastily... spouting pure unsanctioned BS just to sell a book would surely kill his credibility and trustworthiness with the organization to which he gave his best years and to which continues to express loyalty, the circles and networks surrounding it, and would harm his chances re: the lucrative private sector gigs his sort of experience could surely attract. But then again, after what Nick Pope has just done to his own credibility for pecuniary reasons I guess its possible.

Yet again - just noise, more noise, even more noise and nothing worthwhile. These attention-whore would-be booksellers are really becoming tiresome. In the 60 or so years of the UFO controversy why do we always see only dubious characters emerging?
People who stumbled upon ground-breaking secrets while en route to the toilet and having nothing more to say than anyone else doing some basic research and guess-work...

Why all the upset over this new testimony?
It's not like it was the first time fraudulent claims have been made about Roswell.

Back