• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

September 10, 2017 — Daniel Liszt, the Dark Journalist

This may come as a shock Gene, but Rachel Maddow is not the whole of the mainstream news industry.

She is the uber source for those who still want to buy into the trump russia fake news / impeach trump / conservatives are immoral narrative. So her niche is working well and she is drawing in the Alt left crowd.

Overall mainstream news is having to deal with encroaching market share from independent and social media

This may come as a shock Gene, but Rachel Maddow is not the whole of the mainstream news industry.

She is the uber source for those who still want to buy into the trump russia fake news / impeach trump / conservatives are immoral narrative. So her niche is working well and she is drawing in the Alt left crowd.

Overall mainstream news is having to deal with encroaching market share from independent and social media
Excuse me, but there is a Federal Investigation (Mueller) looking into the Russia Trump connection. You can't blame that on liberal media. If Obama had even hinted at connections with Russia, you and other conservatives would be hysterically calling for his head. I simply find the notion that the Russia connection is "Fake News" rather appalling when there is a Federal Investigator working on this with the IRS and other departments. If this was merely trial-by-media, I would agree with you. It is not. It is an official government investigation. THAT is not fake news.

You also seem to be asserting that America wants to become as conservative as Donald Trump, even though he has a 33% approval rating. The American people do NOT want to take health care away from 32 million. The American people do not want DACA cancelled. The American people do NOT want to deny climate change. The American people do NOT want to see the "good side" in White Supremacists and self-described Nazis who want a race war. The American people do NOT want the EPA powerless so that corporations can dump toxic waste (like coal pollution) into our water tables. Americans do NOT want air pollution and mileage requirements on auto producers eliminated. The American people do NOT want a neo-liberal free market place with NO regulations to curb the excesses of corporate greed. The American people do NOT want 15,000 Trans military personnel thrown out of the military (an edict by Trump that even his own Military finds outrageous).

What are you arguing for? The mainstream media to side with White Supremacists? The mainstream media to side with right wing Christians to deny gay and trans Americans their Constitution rights as American citizens? The mainstream media should praise the rich and demonize the poor as immoral sinners who do not have god's blessing? What are you actually fighting for, a mainstream media that is a copy of the GOP mouthpiece known as Fox News? The mainstream media to always promote Christianity and to debase any other faith? The right of the President to ban people from Muslim nations that had nothing to do with 911 or any other terrorist action resulting in loss of life (except of course, Egypt and Saudi Arabia where Trump has huge business investment)? The mainstream media to say pollution and toxic waste is just the price we must pay for "progress" and the need to increase shareholder value? The mainstream media to always side with the President, as long as he is Republican?

Just what are you advocating. Buddy, sometimes REALITY has what you might consider a liberal bias? Get used to it.

I would also love to hear examples of political correctness. Does this mean the mainstream media do not call religious, racial and sexual minorities by the good old fashioned demeaning words (that I doubt would be allowed on this forum)? If you mean not referring to terrorism by the Muslim tag, you have to understand that the Federal Government and mainstream media does not want to start a religious war with 1 BILLION human beings. How about THIS political correctness? No mainstream media has ever called a WHITE bomber or militia member a terrorist, even though their tactics are the same. So what exactly do you mean? Do you want the mainstream media to go after Islam, after gays, after Blacks, after uppidy women, after liberals, after anyone who does not march to the current Fox News music?

Last edited by a moderator:
Excuse me, but there is a Federal Investigation (Mueller) looking into the Russia Trump connection. You can't blame that on liberal media. If Obama had even hinted at connections with Russia, you and other conservatives would be hysterically calling for his head. I simply find the notion that the Russia connection is "Fake News" rather appalling when there is a Federal Investigator working on this with the IRS and other departments. If this was merely trial-by-media, I would agree with you. It is not. It is an official government investigation. THAT is not fake news.

You also seem to be asserting that America wants to become as conservative as Donald Trump, even though he has a 33% approval rating. The American people do NOT want to take health care away from 32 million. The American people do not want DACA cancelled. The American people do NOT want to deny climate change. The American people do NOT want to see the "good side" in White Supremacists and self-described Nazis who want a race war. The American people do NOT want the EPA powerless so that corporations can dump toxic waste (like coal pollution) into our water tables. Americans do NOT want air pollution and mileage requirements on auto producers eliminated. The American people do NOT want a neo-liberal free market place with NO regulations to curb the excesses of corporate greed. The American people do NOT want 15,000 Trans military personnel thrown out of the military (an edict by Trump that even his own Military finds outrageous).

What are you arguing for? The mainstream media to side with White Supremacists? The mainstream media to side with right wing Christians to deny gay and trans Americans their Constitution rights as American citizens? The mainstream media should praise the rich and demonize the poor as immoral sinners who do not have god's blessing? What are you actually fighting for, a mainstream media that is a copy of the GOP mouthpiece known as Fox News? The mainstream media to always promote Christianity and to debase any other faith? The right of the President to ban people from Muslim nations that had nothing to do with 911 or any other terrorist action resulting in loss of life (except of course, Egypt and Saudi Arabia where Trump has huge business investment)? The mainstream media to say pollution and toxic waste is just the price we must pay for "progress" and the need to increase shareholder value? The mainstream media to always side with the President, as long as he is Republican?

Just what are you advocating. Buddy, sometimes REALITY has what you might consider a liberal bias? Get used to it.

I would also love to hear examples of political correctness. Does this mean the mainstream media do not call religious, racial and sexual minorities by the good old fashioned demeaning words (that I doubt would be allowed on this forum)? If you mean not referring to terrorism by the Muslim tag, you have to understand that the Federal Government and mainstream media does not want to start a religious war with 1 BILLION human beings. How about THIS political correctness? No mainstream media has ever called a WHITE bomber or militia member a terrorist, even though their tactics are the same. So what exactly do you mean? Do you want the mainstream media to go after Islam, after gays, after Blacks, after uppidy women, after liberals, after anyone who does not march to the current Fox News music?

T R I G G E R E D

calm down buddy I was trying to explain that rachels madhowls ratings is not a defence against the claim that mainstream news media is in commercial decline

Classic liberal attitude here. Foaming at the mouth triggerism for anyone who doth not prescribe to the narrative

T R I G G E R E D

calm down buddy I was trying to explain that rachels madhowls ratings is not a defence against the claim that mainstream news media is in commercial decline

Classic liberal attitude here. Foaming at the mouth triggerism for anyone who doth not prescribe to the narrative
I have asked you to tell me what you stand for. Do you stand for these Trump conservative positions? Going after me personally is not a response. Yes, I am very triggered by right wing bigotry and hate in all its many forms. WHAT DO YOU STAND FOR? What do you want the mainstream media to become?

I have asked you to tell me what you stand for. Do you stand for these Trump conservative positions? Going after me personally is not a response. Yes, I am very triggered by right wing bigotry and hate in all its many forms. WHAT DO YOU STAND FOR? What do you want the mainstream media to become?
Don't even bother asking, you won't get a straight answer, just more baiting. Seems like a few posters around here have crawled out here from under their bridges and are showing their true colors.

Don't even bother asking, you won't get a straight answer, just more baiting. Seems like a few posters around here have crawled out here from under their bridges and are showing their true colors.
Thank you. I keep coming upon Trump enthusiasts on Facebook who proclaim that Trump has done more for the country in 7 months than Obama in 8 years. OK, fine. So I respond by asking them (politely) to tell me what he has accomplished. All I get in response is crickets chirping. They repeat talking points from conservative media but beyond that they have no clue what is really going on. As Trump would say so eloguently: Sad.

Lol just because I made a comment about mainstream media decline, you want me to take the time and define what I stand for? Wow, that escalated quick.

Why don't you define why a comment about mainstream media decline incites virtue signalling about bigotry etc. Did I go after you perosnally? Nope, cool your jets bro.

The liberal narrative of turning everything through the lens of your a bigot, racist, explain yourself! Doesn't work to win arguments. Because name calling is not an argument.

Its why Hillary lost the election and the libs will keep on losing, because social justice is a non issue for most people. Economy, crime and foreign policy out TRUMP it.

So back to the show...

The liberal narrative of turning everything through the lens of your a bigot, racist, explain yourself! Doesn't work to win arguments. Because name calling is not an argument.

Its why Hillary lost the election and the libs will keep on losing, because social justice is a non issue for most people. Economy, crime and foreign policy out TRUMP it.
And, Hillary had a far better, more realistic economic plan that was fleshed out, rather than confined to a bunch of talking points having nothing to do with what Trump really wants to do. Haven't we tried tax cuts for rich people since the 1980s? What has it done, other than to encourage rich people to hide their money?

This is not a liberal versus conservative matter. It's a matter of proven fact.

No Clinton's campaign wasn't just about social justice. If there was a spin on the part of the media, it was the focus on sensationalism having little to do with who should be running the country and why.

If Hillary's economic plan was better (in the eyes of voters) she would have won.

She really only had one clear message and that was that Trump was a racist, woman hater & bigot.

And it looks like it's working for trump, stocks are high and new jobs growth is improving.

If the dems want a shout at 2020 they need to drop the moral highgrounding, turn down the name calling and come out with a clear and strong plan to improve the economy and people's prospects to improve their standard of living

In other words, you still won't answer my questions. You continue to throw out "liberal" as an epithet but refuse to tell everyone here what you stand for. Like most conservatives I have known personally, no issue is important unless it impacts YOU. So you cast aside all social justice issues simply because none impact you so who cares, right? There's a bumper sticker "Conservatives care only when it happens to THEM. Liberals care when it happens to ANYONE."

Stop trying to come off as this cool casual (right wing) dude, and just answer the questions.

If Hillary's economic plan was better (in the eyes of voters) she would have won.

She really only had one clear message and that was that Trump was a racist, woman hater & bigot.

And it looks like it's working for trump, stocks are high and new jobs growth is improving.

If the dems want a shout at 2020 they need to drop the moral highgrounding, turn down the name calling and come out with a clear and strong plan to improve the economy and people's prospects to improve their standard of living
Really? Anyone who has any intelligence and ability to research items on the internet knows that Obama's economic policies are reflected in the fiscal year through October. As Forbes put it:

"One of the most important elements of analyzing labor market reports is that they’re lagging indicators so they tend to be a reflection of what has been happening in the economy in the prior six months to a year,” Frances Donald, senior economist at Manulife Asset Management, told the publication. “The jobs numbers that we’ll see six months from now will probably be a better reflection of the new administration.It’s also curious that Trump is now embracing jobs reports, after repeatedly dismissing them last year as fake."

So you are applauding the last President's work. We will see how well Trump does. Please explain to us why Trump still outsources ALL his industrial work to foreign countries if he is so dang interested in bringing jobs back to the USA. Same for the Princess Ivanka. All her goods are made overseas, not here.

To also say that social justice issues are irrelevant simply proclaims your privilege. Since white straight men are no longer a clear majority, you may find that a hell of a lot of Americans do care about such issues. And exactly what has Trump done to curb crime, except extorting police to be more brutal with suspects. How has he increased the job market other than removing regulations on corporations that are meant to protect the air, water and food quality in the USA? Do we really want our ground water permanently poisoned just to prop up a dying coal industry?

Buddy, no more talking points from Fox News.

I think almost all Liberals will agree with you that Hillary Clinton ran a wretched stupid campaign. Whether the elite in the Democratic party will accept that is very questionable. I have faith in neither the Dems or the GOP. But only the GOP has a TV network that lies for their benefit 7 by 24.

Just a gentle bit of banter people :)
It is gentle to you because you have nothing to lose. A hell of a lot of Americans do have a lot to lose under conservative policies. You know that, but you just don't care. I don't find anything gentle in joking about the fate of many Americans so cavalierly. Conservatives love to mock liberals (going back decades to calling them Bleeding Hearts). This is because Liberals seem to care about all those people that conservatives consider irrelevant (all non-white racial groups, sexual minorities, religious minorities, etc.).

By the way, as part of our gentle banter, give us your view on this news item from Forbes:

Trump just waived 26 environmental laws—and two religious freedom laws—to build his wall.
A three-mile section of border fencing in California will be constructed without federal protections for clean water and air, endangered species, and historic sites, according to a notice posted Tuesday in the Federal Register. Elaine Duke, the acting secretary of the Department of Homeland Security, said in the notice that the “El Centro Sector,” which covers the eastern half of California’s border with Mexico, is “an area of high illegal entry for which there is an immediate need to construct border barriers and roads.”

The area is also home to wildlife habitat—including some threatened and endangered species—as well as farmland, desert vegetation, wetlands, archaeological resources, and prehistoric sites, according to a U.S. Customs and Border Protection environmental assessment of the area in 2012. But none of that will get in the way of Trump’s wall. Here are all the laws that have been waived, per Tuesday’s notice.

• The National Environmental Policy Act
  • The Endangered Species Act
  • The Clean Water Act
  • The National Historic Preservation Act
  • The Migratory Bird Treaty Act
  • The Migratory Bird Conservation Act
  • The Clean Air Act
  • The Archeological Resources Protection Act
  • The Paleontological Resources Preservation Act
  • The Federal Cave Resources Protection Act of 1988
  • The Safe Drinking Water Act
  • The Noise Control Act
  • The Solid Waste Disposal Act
  • The Resource Conservation and Recovery Act
  • The Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act
  • The Archaeological and Historic Preservation Act
  • The Antiquities Act
  • The Historic Sites, Buildings, and Antiquities Act
  • The Farmland Protection Policy Act
  • The Federal Land Policy and Management Act
  • Section 10 of the Reclamation Project Act of 1939
  • The National Fish and Wildlife Act of 1956
  • The Fish and Wildlife Coordination Act
  • The Administrative Procedure Act
  • The Rivers and Harbors Act of 1899
  • The Eagle Protection Act
  • The Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act
  • The American Indian Religious Freedom Act
  • The Religious Freedom Restoration Act
With these waivers, this section of fencing can be built on top of archeological sites, historic and cultural sites, endangered species habitat, and drinking water sources. Construction vehicles and equipment can emit as much as they want into the air and make as much noise as they want. If construction happens to threaten Native American religious sites, that won’t be a problem, either.

Shea, I'm sure your a nice man and you have good intentions.

In the words of Neil DeGrasse Tyson:

"A great challenge of life: Knowing enough to think you're doing it right, but not enough to know you're doing it wrong."

So what do I "Stand for", roughly speaking:

Freedom of speech & civil discourse NOT shutting down of opinion & thought control

Personal responsibility and ability to control your own results NOT Victim culture and externalising blame

Facts and mass data trends to drive policy NOT Feelings and individual human interest stories

Identity = Character & actions of the individual NOT skin colour, gender or sexuality

True diversity is diversity of thoughts and ideas NOT diversity of race/sex/sexuality who all think the same

Promoting paradigm challenges NOT group think paradigm preservers

And based on those principles the Democratic party have excluded me by default

She did win , by 3 000 000 votes.

Back