• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Seeing Ghosts Sucks

Hey Scott, you think seeing ghost are a pain in the ass? Now how bad can it be? Just kidding, I think I'm pretty sure of where your coming from but there are a lot fof [eople who would love to have that ability. They spend a lifetime investigating looking for that one thing that will prove once and forall that ghosts really exist. But seeing them all the time like every day everywhere ,it really gets that blas"e for you, have you become so jaded that its nothing but a pain in then ass for you?If thats true you should be putting your talents to work, maybe you could help with kids gone missing, I am being serious here, what a tool that would be if you really concentrated and learned how to control it. Have you ever thought of doing something like that or letting say a very openminded proffesser learh from you, find out why you can see dead people, it would give us a glimpse into a part of our brains that we really known nothing about. Hey just a faw thoughts. Alucard

Reasonable thought, Alucard.

Have I ever tried to pin one of these guys or gals down and get hard, usable information out of them? No. I've never had one tell me anything all the useful, even where to find lost things (though I haven't asked, now that I think of it.) Mostly they are lonely, or resentful, or curious, and a couple time angry.

I've not seen a lot to suggest to me that just because they are dead they know a lot more than they knew when they were alive. These mostly seem like lost people, lonely, cut off from each other, maybe too, although I can't confirm that. It's depressing and sad, to be honest.

Since I've started this thread, the pressure has eased up. I would rather it stayed this way. This is why I have no intention of becoming a ghost hunter. Why in heaven's name would I put myself through that. I don't need proof. It was irresponsible of me to begin this thread. I haven't erased my posts because I don't want to be rude to the folks who have posted. Besides, I haven't really ever kept what I see and hear a secret anyway.

Scott,
I'm glad you started this thread, because I think it allows for yet another point of view. Alucard's right..most people whould LOVE to see the things you see (and I see), but be careful what you wish for! There can be a downside, too. For me it's not all terrible, but it can be annoying at times, especially when I want to sleep, or visit an historic site.
I think there are plenty to "seers" who wish it would just all go away.

You make a good point. When I visited Canturbury Cathedral in England, I was very uplifted by what I saw and felt there. Not every cathedral or old church felt that way, and it was wonderful.

It's not usually "terrible," but I'm always aware that these are people, and that's downer.

I'm glad you have a different take on it than I do. I think in another setting, I might have been a seer or shaman, but in this day and age we have to learn and cope without elders guiding us.

Scott I understand where your coming from, I am a PSI vampire, not many people even know what that is but I have been all my life and didn't even know it until a very wise person sat me down and answered questions for me. See, I have this ability or whatever you want to call it to sit next to someone say on a subway and take energy from that person and they leave feeling very tired. The thing is is that I have hardly any control over it and I used to wonder why people would say to me that hanging aROUND WITH ME MADE THEM FEEL TIRED OR SOMETIMES ON RARE TIMES EVEN DEPRESSED. This really made me wonder what was going on and I eventually found out and its been a long time now. I have learned to be able to control it more and more with practise, but other than make you feel weak and tired, thats all I can doI used to be afraid that I could take away someones energy to the point where it could harm them or even kill them but thankfully I can't. My whole point being is that this ability is a pain in the ass because I will move to a part of a bus or train so I will not mess with them it only extends so far and I can feel it the energy flowing into me and I cannot pick and choose between positive and negitive energy so some times I end up full of all this negative energy and its not like its this big thing where it consumes me I just have to deal with it as a part of everyday life. theres nothing sinister about it actually quiite harmless so I understand where your coming from. I can see people reading this going this guy is nuts but believe me its all true, there is literiture on it. I do not believe in bloodsucking vampires although there are even clubs where someone can go and really drink blood but only a little because its a fact that if someone drank a pint of blood they would be violently ill maybe even die but thier out there, people who truly believe they are bloodsuckers, wll good luck to them, who am I to judge anyone? I am nobody but just another guy with an interest in the paranormal. take care alucard

Wow! I know people like this exist, but if everything you just said is true for PS vamipires as a group, then I've just learned a lot. I've never talked to anyone who was aware they had this ability.

You're right, this would suck. I guess the logical question is this: When you siphon off people, do you get any benefit from it? Does your energy level go up, or do you get increased sensory input, or do otherwise dormant psychic powers kick in? If someone is depressed, does taking their energy depress you as well? If this happened with someone with mental instability, would you become unstable by taking their energy? Do you ever pick up memories or thoughts from them?

While I'm glad I don't have this ability, I find the questions around it fascinating. People have suggested in this thread ways to make my ability a net positive, and I've not been sure. Is there a way to make your trait a positive? Or, at least not a negative?

What if you the siphoning was actually a telepathic ability with the recieving button stuck "on"? There should be some sort of mental trigger to learn to trigger it on and off. Self-hypnosis might help with that.

I practice meditation semi-regularly, and doing that might give you some more insight into this well. It certainly increases your focus and self-awareness.

Allucard,
Did the wise person tell you why you are the way you are.? I have felt my ernegy get zapped form people who are either ill, unhappy, on drugs or they are just needy. I don't think bad about these people beause they usually are not aware of this energy exchange and there is no intent to harm me.

How have you been able to control whatever this is?

Thank you Scott and Ally, I was reading these replys and I never heard anyone say "siphoning", that really made me feel creepy when you put it that way, but I was pretty much an active addict for a lot of years, clean now and nothing has seemed to change much. Ally I was thinkink when you said depresses or ill or on drugs or unhappy pretty much at least one of those things has happened to a lot of people at some point in their life but when I read those words it occured to me that thats the way my whole life has been and the most and the only real thing I can say is that when I do get a lot of negative energy I do get manic and I get sad and my feelings and thoughts come and go so fast that I used to use drugs to slow my head down and I play guitar and it seems the more manic and sad I get the better i am able to play and write. It was very eerie that you wtrote those things because noone ever said anything like that to me. It does not really effect me to the point where I cannot function but if it is happening and I am sitting close to someone qwho is or should I say does not play well with others then I can sense the goodness and the badness in someone almost reading an aura and I have been with someone who could truly see aura's of people but rather than see them, I feel them. I would feel a ghost before I would see one because of their energy. You guys really put the questions out there and I am usually not that forthcoming about this stuff because people really would not take it seriously and I will not argue with someone about what I know as fact and feel as fact. I am not a mean person in fact some people say I am too nice but I just try and treat people with respect and I do not wish harm on anyone. I have lived a hundred lifetimes in my life as an addict counselor , been on both sides if the street and I for one will be the last person to judge anyone. Sometimes life casn be so difficult that I want to just scream but on the other hand, when I see the sun shining anf look around me and really live in the moment, life can be so awesome. You said you meditate then living in the moment is not new to you. I guess taking so much for granted then losing so much it really makes me appreciate things so much more. thank you both for reminding me of that. alucard

Back