• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Saw this forum and had to post my experience

MP4 shouldn't be a problem. We want to move away from anything Flash. There are hundreds of millions of mobile devices that can't play them.

Just before Christmas 1998 I was visiting my then girlfriend. It was a clear and cold but snowless night in Cedar Rapids, IA. Around 10pm I went out to my car to retrieve something and while I was walking back towards the apartment I spotted movement out of the corner of my eye. Looking up I noted a craft moving in the sky, somewhere between 500 to 1000 feet off the ground. The craft had no lights on it (turned on anyway) whatsoever, but I was standing near the intersections of 1st Avenue & 40th Streets N.E. and the reason I was able to see the object was because the street lights were reflecting off the bottom of the surface of the all black colored craft. The craft was moving at a VERY slow rate, as in I could have jogged to keep up w/it if I wished to do so. It made no sounds of propulsion that I could detect. I could not see the outer edges of the craft because of the darkness, but I could sense it was enormous in size. Having been a UFO enthusiast I wanted to be certain that my eyes were not playing tricks on me so I intentionally turned away and looked to the ground, rubbed my eyes, and returned my gaze skyward, and the craft was still there, moving in a southerly direction, essentially tracking along 1st Avenue. I watched for perhaps a minute then shrugged my shoulders and went back inside.

Over the years I did some research and discovered what I think to have been a reasonable explanation for what I had seen, and I'm certain now it was a stealth dirigible. Confirmation of my belief came when I heard that a number of similar sightings had been reported in generally the same time period in southern Illinois, a few hundred miles away, and where some UFOlogists and secret military weaponry enthusiasts believe these craft may have been based (somewhere east of St. Louis). I can tell you it is a little unsettling to see an utterly silent, gigantic craft creeping along in the darkness, and even more so to see it hovering over a major population center, but I am at least satisfied that my "UFO" is no longer "Unidentified".

Back