• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Russian Opposition Leader Poisoned. Will Trump Take Yet Another Page Out of Putin's Playbook?

marduk

quelling chaos since 2352BC

So, it looks like Navalny was poisoned after all. Trump appears to really look up to Putin: lie, cheat, steal elections, ridiculous military parades, whataboutism...

How long before Trump decides to try to off Biden?

For those that poo poo this kind of thing, consider everything that Trump voters said were crazy ideas before he took office. Foreign election interference, violent protests, unidentified secret police officers whisking protesters away, children in cages seperated from their parents, hundreds of millions of dollars stolen, on and on.

I wouldn't put this next step past Trump at all.

I don't follow. The violence in protests has mainly come from opposition to Trump supporters, from left-wingers. And there was foreign election interference? You bought that? This is a UFO forum, so I suppose guys will believe anything.

The children in "cages" was already done under Obama, and has decreased under Trump. It was a policy started in the Obama admin. The photo that Newsweek used to stir up controversy wasn't even from a moment where the child was crying about being separated.

stalepie: Some people are programmed to believe anything, that is the problem with so called open minds..One needs a valid epistmological method for examining unsupported assertions, which is often lacking on some sites...

To answer the OP's question, though, no I don't think Trump will have anyone murdered (unless he was involved in that Saudi journalist killing, but I didn't read much about that one). How would I know? I mean, I see headlines that Kim Jong Un is deathly ill and his sister is taking over. Couldn't I suppose (without any evidence, since no one ever needs evidence anymore to accuse) that Trump is involved with that? Why not wonder if he didn't kill his own brother too, who died recently? Perhaps he was on the side of Mary Trump who has recently written that book. One can speculate!

But Biden? I would think he'd want to go up against him, instead of Kamala. Generally in the right-wing circles I follow, they would rather deal with Biden (senile or not) than Kamala. It is sort of like how on the left, people have said "we'd rather have Trump than Pence, because Pence is more socially conservative." Because at least in the early days of Trump's presidency there were a lot of open wishes on Twitter and the like to murder Trump., to assassinate him, then some of them would argue amongst themselves "but then Pence would be president!"

The children in "cages" was already done under Obama, and has decreased under Trump. It was a policy started in the Obama admin. The photo that Newsweek used to stir up controversy wasn't even from a moment where the child was crying about being separated.
This is a common piece of bs from the Trump camp. The real abuse of children in cages totally occurred under Trump, and it was spearheaded by his "whisperer" Stephen Miller.
I don't follow. The violence in protests has mainly come from opposition to Trump supporters, from left-wingers. And there was foreign election interference? You bought that? This is a UFO forum, so I suppose guys will believe anything.
No, most of the protests from Black Lives Matter and other left-wring oriented groups were peaceful. Only a small number of offenders went beyond that norm. We forget, too, about white nationalist extremists who forment violence, but some are "nice people."

I did not say most of them weren't peaceful.
Unfortunately the few incidents at violence were exaggerated in coverage in the right-wing media. In some cases, they'd even take footage from other places to claim that it was due to a specific demonstration. The charge is that it's not about protests, protected by the first amendment, but the result of anarchy. Rather than sit with the protesters and deal with their grievances, they, instead, bring in Federal troops and make baseless attacks about the dangers to our society if we let people protest.

I've seen hundreds of videos of buildings and cars being set on fire, and videos of people being left to die as well as killed. I don't know if they make it far onto tv networks like Fox News or CNN, but I don't really watch Tv, since I'm not a moron.

I've seen hundreds of videos of buildings and cars being set on fire, and videos of people being left to die as well as killed. I don't know if they make it far onto tv networks like Fox News or CNN, but I don't really watch Tv, since I'm not a moron.
And how many of them take the same footage and play it over and over again, or use stock footage to create a fake impression of what's going on? Please don't forget that some elements of the right wing — I'm not referring to people who have genuine conservative beliefs which are to be respected — consider people like you marks from whom to sell fake products and services. The arrest of Bannon, who once was Trump's chief strategist and led Breitbart, shows you what's really on their agenda. It's about separating you from your hard-earned money. Don't forget Trump University.

Lol.

And how many of them take the same footage and play it over and over again, or use stock footage to create a fake impression of what's going on? Please don't forget that some elements of the right wing — I'm not referring to people who have genuine conservative beliefs which are to be respected — consider people like you marks from whom to sell fake products and services. The arrest of Bannon, who once was Trump's chief strategist and led Breitbart, shows you what's really on their agenda. It's about separating you from your hard-earned money. Don't forget Trump University.

Exactly.

And it's about power.

Honestly, I think Trump knows he's at risk once he's no longer president. If he doesn't leave another Trump in power, I think he'll run to Russia.

The Trump administration had dozens and dozens of contacts with the Russians during the 2016 campaign and beyond. It may not rise to the level of collusion, which is not a crime, or a criminal conspiracy, but it is not right. The Mueller investigation and the Senate Intelligence Committee reports clearly demonstrated it was no hoax. Well, except for the hoax that was perpetrated on the American people.

Right.

You've seen all the videos but you don't watch TV. You don't watch the news, so you're fully informed as to what reality is.

Lol.

Now in the old days, liberals and conservatives could work together to pass good legislation.

Consider Veterans Choice, passed and signed by Obama in 2014. Both Senator McCain and Senator Sanders worked together to move it through the Senate. They were as far apart politically as you can get.

Of course, Trump claims credit for this bill. He also takes credit for the modest economic growth his administration inherited from Obama/Biden. Growth slowed under Trump, even after passing an expensive tax bill largely favoring the rich. Trump says he built the greatest economy in history, rather than admitting he stopped the longest period of economic growth over his failure to take control of the pandemic.

Back