• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Russian Cosmanaut Experience

Hoffmeister

There is no spoon
Does anyone know anything about this encounter?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salyut_UFO_Sighting

It seems a little unlikely since surely it would be big news.

Incidently, one interesting thing about it whether its true or false is the description of the aliens and the way that they seem almost robotic.
I used to think, that its fairly apparent that humans will move closer and closer to being cyber organisms as time goes on as current futurists are expecting us to have hard drive memory implants etc.
So it made me wonder why the aliens never seemed to have any visible implants, bionic arms etc.

Then i realised that that idea was probably silly... whilst we may get brain implants we probably wont ever implement anything visible on the outside of the body.

What we will do however, is geneticall modify ourselves. This is nearly current technology, and in fact is something that the sports bodies are becoming concerned about. See this link for an old article on it:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2004/aug/01/athletics.athensolympics20042

Yet, apart from the betty and barney hill case, I don't remember any cases of the greys being large black-eyed Arnie look-a-likes?

Surely if they have all this technology they would perfect their bodies also?

I dunno, maybe i'm just rambling her, but I do wonder, it does seem odd these skinny little aliens running round either naked or in white jump suits.

Does anyone know anything about this encounter?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salyut_UFO_Sighting

It seems a little unlikely since surely it would be big news.

Incidently, one interesting thing about it whether its true or false is the description of the aliens and the way that they seem almost robotic.
I used to think, that its fairly apparent that humans will move closer and closer to being cyber organisms as time goes on as current futurists are expecting us to have hard drive memory implants etc.
So it made me wonder why the aliens never seemed to have any visible implants, bionic arms
Then i realised that that idea was probably silly... whilst we may get brain implants we probably wont ever implement anything visible on the outside of the body.

What we will do however, is geneticall modify ourselves. This is nearly current technology, and in fact is something that the sports bodies are becoming concerned about. See this link for an old article on it:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2004/aug/01/athletics.athensolympics20042

Yet, apart from the betty and barney hill case, I don't remember any cases of the greys being large black-eyed Arnie look-a-likes?

I dunno, maybe i'm just rambling her, but I do wonder, it does seem odd these skinny little aliens running round either naked or in white jump suits.

Ya interesting if true. I am looking a certain details of the story at the moment. Ok the Russian cosmonaut's siad they had helmets. however on the otherhand they could see elements of there looks, interesting what type of helmet it was?

They didnt really understand language of the Earth type.Or maybe they were haveing a little giggle at the cosmonauts's. Who knows, strange story however?

This is the first I have heard of this story. It is strange indeed if it is true. I wonder what other new stories the Russian Cosmanauts may have.

It seem odd that a race with interstellar travel would have maps on board aswell. I mean maybe on a computer screen but not on something you could hold up. Also, i can't think why the cosmanauts would have one either.... for incase they got lost whilst orbitting the earth?!?! :confused:
Itsd most likely BS but still intriguing nontheless.

From a functional perspective, the typical gray body seems like a body for sensing and not a body for doing.

Or to put it backwards, let's suppose I want to enter my computed simulation in order to test out what it's like to be a human in that simulation. I'll need a physical avatar that is congruent to the human body's contours (every point on its exterior can be mapped to a point on human body).

But since I am not bound by the physical laws of the simulation, my body doesn't need muscles to resist the gravity, or for actually accomplishing any physical task. I just need a body to sense the simulation in the same way a human body would sense it.

From a functional perspective, the typical gray body seems like a body for sensing and not a body for doing.

Or to put it backwards, let's suppose I want to enter my computed simulation in order to test out what it's like to be a human in that simulation. I'll need a physical avatar that is congruent to the human body's contours (every point on its exterior can be mapped to a point on human body).

But since I am not bound by the physical laws of the simulation, my body doesn't need muscles to resist the gravity, or for actually accomplishing any physical task. I just need a body to sense the simulation in the same way a human body would sense it.

I'm not sure I understand (its been a long day at work)... why wouldnt they be bound by our physical laws?
I would have thought that even if they don't tend to use muscles much in their day to day lives, they might as well have them if they are freely available....

why wouldnt they be bound by our physical laws?

Sorry I wasn't clear. My little hobby-horse is that UFOs & aliens only make sense if our reality is actually a computed simulation. In this scenario, the aliens are like power users, not subject to the same simulated laws of physics like we are.

Sorry I wasn't clear. My little hobby-horse is that UFOs & aliens only make sense if our reality is actually a computed simulation. In this scenario, the aliens are like power users, not subject to the same simulated laws of physics like we are.

Ahhh i see, thats another theory that really interests me... will have to start a thread on that soon.

will have to start a thread on that soon.

Yes, I'd hail the arrival of such a thread. I haven't seen much discussion of this theory (as it relates to the paranormal) elsewhere.

It's not without problems; here's just three:

1) It almost has too much expanatory power. A theory that explains both UFOs and werewolves is hard to take seriously. (For those who yearn for a grand unified theory of paranormal, this is a feature, not a bug.)

2) A certain former sportscaster in your neck of the woods, who also rides this hobby-horse. He thinks Bush is really a lizard.

3) A certain film trilogy starring Keanu Reeves and Lawrence Fishbourne that had a promising start but then imploded into a turdball of silliness.

But I'm obsessed with it. Every time I read about weird black boxes floating through a room, or timeslips, or tiny german houses, chills go up my spine. Every time someone like Micharl Grosso says something "psychical, mythical,or imaginal" is going on, I chuckle. WTF does "psychical, mythical,or imaginal" even mean? Arm-waving like that makes my "simulism" seem rather occammy by comparison.

Ultimately I like it because its a funny theory. I imagine that our simulation is a cheap, buggy one that requires the services of an underpaid "support tech" to manage an infinite queue of user-reported system faults.

:)

Back