• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Royce Meyers of UFOwatchdog has had enough

Aaron LeClair

Paranormal Maven
"Yes, the rumor is true that I am taking an extended (if not permanent) break from the nutty world of UFOs. While there is an endless supply of UFO crackpots and con artists, I simply don't have the time or the inclination to keep up on all of it. I'd rather spend my time out in the sun with my family and friends over a cold one and a bbq. Why waste any time on a field ripe with sheep that continually empowers charlatans and lunatics by embracing with arms open wide any UFO tale for sale or used to indulge someone's deepest, most paranoid fantasy? More to come shortly..."

I got the quote off his news page as I was reading some of the articles (and posting a few here). http://ufowatchdog.com/news.html

Well, what use is a watchdog that doesn't like to bite? He could always change his focus on to the more positive and credible things in ufology. That would leave him loads of time:) But beer, food, nature and family is a nice way to spend ones time as well.

I like Royce and his site alot. He is to blame for me finding out about the Paracast btw. Try not to hate him for it too much.

Wonder if certain people are going to spin his break into a "defeat".

Sux. I always hoped to hear a Paracast show with Royce and Sean Morten on. Guess it went from a low possibility to a even lower one now.

Eh . . Royce was part of the same clown circus his website criticizes. He'll be back. UFO egos always come back.

-DBTrek

Ahhh too bad, that really sucks...

He'll be back eventually =), even if he keeps UFOLOGY on the side...I bet he'll 'have a few' and get straight back into researching hahaha.:rolleyes:

UFOwatchdog is an awesome website.;)

I feel his pain, and I have only been looking into it heavily for a few months. Vast majority interested are crackpots that want you to join in their idiocy club. I like this place cause it has much less of that...though it has much less of anyone too.

DBTrek said:
Eh . . Royce was part of the same clown circus his website criticizes. He'll be back. UFO egos always come back.

-DBTrek

Really. You mean to say bringing people to some sort of accountability within this mess is really just as goofy as pie tins on string then eh? Interesting world you live in.

jritzmann said:
Really. You mean to say bringing people to some sort of accountability within this mess is really just as goofy as pie tins on string then eh? Interesting world you live in.

No, I said precisely what I meant to say. He doesn't "just bring people to accountability", he insults them, misrepresents their words, and cites non-verifiable sources when criticising some of them.

The world I live in is called 'reality', you should visit sometime.

-DBTrek

DBTrek said:
No, I said precisely what I meant to say. He doesn't "just bring people to accountability", he insults them, misrepresents their words, and cites non-verifiable sources when criticising some of them.

-DBTrek

What's your verifiable sources for that statement? hehe.

Nah, Can you give any examples of something he mis represented?

A.LeClair said:
What's your verifiable sources for that statement? hehe.

Nah, Can you give any examples of something he mis represented?

Of course. Check out his page on Art Bell. While there's plenty of legit criticism that can be aimed at Art, you'll see Royce quoting sentence fragments, using single sentences with no context, and using quotes attributed to anonymous people that supposedly "overheard" Art say something.

That's not objective analysis on the part of Royce. It's more representative of the actions of another two-bit UFO narcissist trying to slam someone else in the field that they don't like.

-DBTrek

DBTrek said:

-DBTrek

Maybe rather then say it you'd like to talk to Royce and see where he's ever misrepresented anyone...something he went to court on...and won.

Wake up.

jritzmann said:
Maybe rather then say it you'd like to talk to Royce and see where he's ever misrepresented anyone...something he went to court on...and won.

Wake up.

He's won no court cases against Art Bell.

The tactics he uses on his Art Bell page are dishonest and amatuer. Surely you can see how easy it is to malign someone by quoting sentence fragments and rumors about them. Is that the sort of behavior you approve of? Does it make you proud to see someone partake in that kind of distortion?

I find it lame.

I could take everything Royce has written, chop out some sentence fragments, post single sentences out of context, and write quotes he's rumored to have said . . . but why? I'm not driven by the sort of pettiness and jealousy it takes to make such an effort.

Yeah . . . he was able to pin down some people that are obvious charlatans. Big deal. That's about as challenging as picking out crazies among religious fundamentalist. Had he done so in an honest manner it would have been respectable, but that seems to have been beyond his ability.

I notice the UFO community seems to be rolling along just fine without him. Now if the rest of the petty egos would exit the UFO scene as well people might spend more time on researching cases than assassinating eachothers characters.

-DBTrek

jritzmann said:
Oh I see, so youre an Art Bell fan...should have said that from the start. That explains everything.

I'm a fan of not intentionally distorting people's words or posting rumors about them.

Sorry to hear you're not.

-DBTrek

If you believe in Art Bell, then you probably believe in the Easter Bunny, and Santa Claus.

It's nice to have a child like mind, unfortunately a side effect is not knowing who's a fake and who isn't.

Bell used to stand for something. Now... He's just another shill. If 9-11 had happened in the 1990's, he would have scrutinized it to beat the band. Now, he doesn't want to entertain "kook" theories.

Yeah... Like Art is even relevant these days. Him and Noory both. Whenever they have Sylvia Browne on the air, they never mention that she's a convicted felon.

Tommy Allison said:
If you believe in Art Bell, then you probably believe in the Easter Bunny, and Santa Claus.

I don't 'believe in' Art Bell . . . I listen to his show. By the way, he's an actual living entity, unlike the Eater Bunny or Santa Claus.

It's nice to have a child like mind, unfortunately a side effect is not knowing who's a fake and who isn't.

I'll take your word for it. What does this have to do with Royce intentionally misrepresenting Art and posting hear-say about him?

Typical human behavior . .. when people like MH or Korff are acting irresponsibly and childish folk here are quick to jump on it (as well they should). If a perceived 'ally' like Royce is distorting people's words and posting rumors though . . . that's ok.

Why don't you and Ritzman start using an equal standard when measuring the behavior of people in the UFO community? Be able to call 'BS' and point out childish behavior on *all* sides . . . in short, be objective, not clannish.

-DBTrek

Sorry, but I have better things to do than play scratch and sniff with every moron in the UFO field. I leave that to people who have more free time. For me, the UFO phenomenon is more personal, because I've seen some weird stuff that I simply cannot explain.

Unfortunately, there are those who are making a lot of money telling stories, passing it off as truth, when they know full well it's a lie. They make far more money than I do, with books, radio shows, merchandise, all that crap, when they should have their heads examined.

I know you're a true believer, but if you really thought about it, the Easter Bunny, and Santa Claus happen to be more real than Art Bell. At least with them, you know what they're about, and what their agenda is. With Bell, and the like you don't know who's paying them to say what anymore.

Which is why I like the Paracast. Gene and David don't get paid to do their show, and say a lot of good things, and ask a lot of good questions when they're both not being a couple of kiss asses. Just kidding.

I think that the days of hard journalism have been gone for some time now, and it's a refreshing thing to see people start asking harder questions of those in the UFO movement.

As far as Jeff Ritzman, I don't know the guy, nor do I have any ideas about his experiences. What I do know is that Art Bell lost his credibility when he stopped allowing certain topics to be broached on the air. Apparently his handlers didn't like his listeners bringing up things that go contrary to the Mainstream Media's agenda.

Tommy Allison said:
I know you're a true believer, but if you really thought about it, the Easter Bunny, and Santa Claus happen to be more real than Art Bell.

WAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAhahahahaHaHAHAHHaahah :D :D :D

Wow, I've never been called a 'true believer' before. That's awesome.

This is simple . . . I recognized the dirty tactics Royce used to smear someone and called it out. You guys know I'm right, you can see him using sentence fragments, out-of-context statements, and stuff people 'overheard' to malign Art Bell on the page he created. You know these methods are dishonest. Yet since you guys dislike Art Bell, and like Royce, you'd rather change the subject (or level allegations) than admit that what I'm saying is plainly true.

Either you're ok with people distorting the truth to malign others, or you're not. I happen to be on the 'not' side. You two seem to be on the "it's ok as long as it's one of our friends doing it" side. That's fine . . . but hypocritical.

I don't really know what else to say on the matter. The evidence is there for anyone who wants to look at it. http://www.ufowatchdog.com/bell.html

Forget for a moment that it's Art Bell (since people on these forums seem to have a visceral hatred for him). Instead pretend that Royce has given you this treatment. Imagine it's your face up there with the sentence fragments, out of context statements, and hear-say.

Pretty sad.

-DBTrek

Back