• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

RIP — Leon Russell

2016 is turning into the year that Entertainment died. We lost Prince, David Bowie, Leon Russel, Florence Henderson, Leonard Nimoy, Leonard Cohen, Alan Thicke,
and many more I had forgotten.

Yip, I confess to being unaware of this man but after reading his bio, I agree that this was a true musician obviously worth a mention having died. The music world is full of stunningly talented musicians who in no small way help the famous ones create their work. Some choose not to pursue fame, others are just unlucky in a business where time and place easily outweigh talent more often than not. The great thing about recording musicians is that they leave a legacy that doesn't need to be sought out or researched - it will pop up every now and then on the radio or a friend's music collection, ready to entertain countless people not even yet born.

I'm sorry, but that's not a reasonable response. A large number of major artists have died so far in 2016. Show a little empathy please. I have no idea about Russell's cleanliness habits or his use of drugs, but he has had health problems.

According to Wikipedia, in 2010, "Russell was hospitalized and underwent surgery for a brain fluid leak, as well as treatment for heart failure and pneumonia."

On a positive note, Sydney's NYE fireworks will pay tribute to many of the artists lost this year.
I have it on good authority the harbour bridge will feature a spectacular "Purple rain" of pyrotechnics. With the soundtrack to go with it.

The worst thing about this, is we've just had the Isaac Koi incident, where he at least was honest about his anonymity.
By stealing this persons photograph and name you open them to the sorts of low acts we know can happen.
I was able to find the real Crissy's twitter and LinkedIn accounts in less than one minute that's how good the Internets face recognition AI's are.
Imagine a Ted Roe or Erica Lukes taking offense at something you posted using her stolen identity, and then went back and ratted to her employers etc.

I'm not her, dummy, I admire her and folow her closely.
You are the FRAUD, you're not a grey alien FRAUD :(

The fact remains you've stolen her photo and name and used it to create a fake profile here. I doubt she would be happy with this.
And as i said if someone took a dislike to what you post using her stolen identity, assuming you were her. They could easily find her LinkedIn profile and cause her trouble in real life.

Back