• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Richard Hoagland

Gareth

Nothin' to see here
Don in the most recent episode you posted there was a reference to an interview you recently had with the one and only Richard "Mars-Maths" Hoagland.

Do you still have said interview on file? I would be fascinated to hear Hoagland get the Ecker treatment:D (assuming of course he even got the Ecker treatment... maybe he wasn't as nutty back then? - or you weren't aware of his nuttiness?)

Either way I'm sure it would be a great listen.

All this askin', not 'nuff givin! Ill be sure to throw the Paracast another small donation soon as a thanks for all the free podcasts (and as a thanks for hosting all your shows).

Gareth,

I interviewed Dick Hoagland several times back in the 90's on UFOs Tonite!. Even back then Dick had a tendency to occasionally have a "Lear Leap" in logic. I will never forget back in late 1992 he called me in connection with the STS-48 story I broke on NBC and Larry King Live, SURE that the UFO in that video was a Pentagon black project. The hook was, and remember this was just before the national election between Bill Clinton, George HW Bush and Ross Perot, Dick was SURE that the senior Bush was going to use this as a faux alien threat, steal the election and declare Martial Law. I blew up telling Dick to get a grip. Of course we all know how that played out.

Yea, let me root around and see where those shows are, I will see what I can do.

As always, thanks.

Decker

Hoagland is just one of a myriad of people I'd love to see get "Ecker'd" (if I may coin a new word).

Others, in no particular order:

John Lear
Kal Korff (although Kal wouldn't have the guts to even come on)
Bill Doty
Ed Dames
Dr. Greer (who would surely shout "I have been on the ships!!" when cornered)
Nancy Lieder (oh how she deserves to get "Ecker'd")

That's all from the top of my head. Maybe we can put together a good enough list to get Don back in the fray.

Brad Hudson

Gareth,

I interviewed Dick Hoagland several times back in the 90's on UFOs Tonite!. Even back then Dick had a tendency to occasionally have a "Lear Leap" in logic. I will never forget back in late 1992 he called me in connection with the STS-48 story I broke on NBC and Larry King Live, SURE that the UFO in that video was a Pentagon black project. The hook was, and remember this was just before the national election between Bill Clinton, George HW Bush and Ross Perot, Dick was SURE that the senior Bush was going to use this as a faux alien threat, steal the election and declare Martial Law. I blew up telling Dick to get a grip. Of course we all know how that played out.

Yea, let me root around and see where those shows are, I will see what I can do.

As always, thanks.

Decker

Hey Don,
Thanks for hanging out with us.
You da' man!

Hoagland is just one of a myriad of people I'd love to see get "Ecker'd" (if I may coin a new word).

Others, in no particular order:

John Lear
Kal Korff (although Kal wouldn't have the guts to even come on)
Bill Doty
Ed Dames
Dr. Greer (who would surely shout "I have been on the ships!!" when cornered)
Nancy Lieder (oh how she deserves to get "Ecker'd")

That's all from the top of my head. Maybe we can put together a good enough list to get Don back in the fray.

Brad Hudson

Sean David Morton would also be a fine sight, skewered on a spit while Don roasted him slowly over an open fire.

But you know that none of these kooks would get caught doing an interview where the host wasn't a softball-pitching sycophant (cough...noory!....cough...)

Sean David Morton would also be a fine sight, skewered on a spit while Don roasted him slowly over an open fire.

But you know that none of these kooks would get caught doing an interview where the host wasn't a softball-pitching sycophant (cough...noory!....cough...)

I actually think that Greer, Lear, and possibly Dames would do it because, like Hoagland, their egos are so large they truly think they would come out of it looking good.

Richard Hoagland is hilarious. I just love listening to him for pure comedic value.

at 4:30 : He points out what perhaps could be a car trapped inside a glass transportation tube on Mars. :eek: :D

It's not nice to make fun of the mentally ill. This is what happened after Ronald Reagan let all of the schizophrenics out of the institutions. It's a truly sad state of affairs. That said, if he is willing to come on my 'moon anomalies' episode I'm happy to let him spin his tales of doom.

John

I'm starting up a new podcast on the subject of 'belief', as in why do people believe the things that they do. Yes, I was sarcastically alluding to the ideal that Richard Hoagland is mentally ill. That said, I don't know whether he is or not, I just know he is utterly full of shit.

John

I too would love to hear the Ecker treatment on old Dickie H. I gotta say Don, I've been enjoying your new Dark matters shows immensely brother. Keep up the great work. I look forward to hearing you co-host the Paracast one of these days when the always excellent Chris O ' Brien is ever away.

Amazing shows Don. Bravo !!!

PS. Will you ever get Dwight back for an appearance ?

I too would love to hear the Ecker treatment on old Dickie H. I gotta say Don, I've been enjoying your new Dark matters shows immesnly brother. Keep up the great work. I look forward to hearing you co-host the Paracast one of these days when the always excellent Chris O ' Brien is ever away.

Amazing shows Don. Bravo !!!

PS. Will you ever get Dwight back for an appearance ?

Well Owl, a couple of things. Firstly, ol' Richard H. has me on the shine. A few months ago I tried to get him on DMR and he told me not before some C2C thing he was doing .. then nothing. Wrote him and never heard back.

I sent Dwight a note back in July I think and wanted to do a show on a trip he and I took to NM back in 94 when we discovered Thomas Gonzales from the Roswell incident. Dwight wrote me back and told me he was mostly doing political things these days and didn't want to cross back into paranormal stuff. Okay, I understood that. I know he has been trying to get his own gig up and running. He has been filling in for various political commentators on the air and I suppose did not want to give anyone a reason to get on him because of his interest in paranormal things so as I said, I can dig it.

Thanks.

Decker

Thanks for the quick Response Don. You are doing a stellar job regardless. I don't know how you manage it sometimes, but its very much appreciated by a ton of us over here. A whole bunch of us at my workplace download the shows and then discuss them afterwards. You have a big following in Canada !

If ol' Hoagy doesn't want to talk to you, then my guess would be , he's a tad afraid ..?

With regards to Dwight. I completely understand, and good luck to the fine fella.

What are the chances of another moon related episode ? What ever happened to Vic Saccheri anyway? That show is an all-time favourite . Was his story EVER verified. Its one heck of a tale, and absolutely rivetting to listen to.

at 4:30 : He points out what perhaps could be a car trapped inside a glass transportation tube on Mars. :eek: :D

That 'car in the tube' comment is right up there in the greatest over-ambitious claims in ufology imo. His enthusiasm used to overtake his critical thinking and speed past with the middle finger waving out of the window. :D

That 'car in the tube' comment is right up there in the greatest over-ambitious claims in ufology imo. His enthusiasm used to overtake his critical thinking and speed past with the middle finger waving out of the window. :D

That made me laugh so hard I almost shot soda out of my nose! :D

Thanks for the quick Response Don. You are doing a stellar job regardless. I don't know how you manage it sometimes, but its very much appreciated by a ton of us over here. A whole bunch of us at my workplace download the shows and then discuss them afterwards. You have a big following in Canada !

If ol' Hoagy doesn't want to talk to you, then my guess would be , he's a tad afraid ..?

With regards to Dwight. I completely understand, and good luck to the fine fella.

What are the chances of another moon related episode ? What ever happened to Vic Saccheri anyway? That show is an all-time favourite . Was his story EVER verified. Its one heck of a tale, and absolutely rivetting to listen to.

Good morning Owl. As far as Hoagland, I believe he expects media type people to "Kiss the Ring" when dealing with him .. and as you might know, that isn't me. I have been around the ol' block too many times and knew Dick back when he was doing his "City on the Edge ...." business and wouldn't even say U F O cause he was afraid of what the establishment would say. Well ... like the man said ... "that ship has sailed."

Speaking of Vito ... he called me not too long ago about something else and we briefly chatted. I have made it known to him that I would love to do another episode with him, but right now he is dealing with some contracts that he is afraid might be compromised it he jumps back into the Moon thingy. I, however, do plan to get back in touch and ask him again. That interview I did with him is now rather famous, many folks have heard it and I think it is only fair he come back and do a follow-up. Thanks for listening my friend.

Decker

Back