• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Richard Dolan Oct. 26

Wade

FeralNormal master
"Not a snowballs chance"??
I had a bit of Déjà vu listening to this week's episode, I almost thought Mr. Friedman was going to jump in. Why are some of our most notable and respected investigators so hostile to James Carrion's works without (admittedly) not even being familiar with it ? Although Richard did back down a bit.

Not being in the field, I question the authenticity of a declassified document that more or less stated we are dealing with a technology that "was not of this civilization".Why on God's green earth would an admission like this see the light of day unless the intent was to been seen and used to distract? Apparently the Swedes are not familiar with the concept of redaction. Governments exist to cover up things they find inconvenient, not admit things. I think this would qualify.

lots o' good speculation in this episode, love it. Speculation may not make a good basis for a scientific theorem but can make for a dandy starting point.

Hey! I just realized we can now edit thread titles. God bless you for doing so Gene, from those of us (me) who are all thumbs when it comes to typing.

Last edited:
That Dolan...

55685708.jpg

"Not a snowballs chance"??
I had a bit of Déjà vu listening to this week's episode, I almost thought Mr. Friedman was going to jump in. Why are some of our most notable and respected investigators so hostile to James Carrion's works without (admittedly) not even being familiar with it ? Although Richard did back down a bit.

Not being in the field, I question the authenticity of a declassified document that more or less stated we are dealing with a technology that was not of this civilization ? Why on God's green earth would a admission see the light of day unless the intent was to been seen and used to distract? Apparently the Swedes are not familiar with the concept of redaction. Governments exist to cover up things they find inconvenient not admit things, I think this would qualify.

lots o' good speculation in this episode, love it. Speculation may not make a good basis for a scientific theorem but can make for a dandy starting point.

Hey! I just realized we can now edit thread titles. God bless you for doing so Gene, from those of us (me) who are all thumbs when it comes to typing.
Not sure anything changed meaningfully, but the new version of the XenForo forum script cleaned up a few bugs.

You can still edit your text for up to a day after it's posted.

If you need to change things after that, open a private conversation with us and we'll take care of it.

It was a bit puzzling that Dolan would jump all over Carrion (when he hadn't read Carrion's material) and yet he defends 'his good friend' Stephen Bassett along with Linda Moulton Howe.

At least Dolan didn't defend the Ancient Alien theories. All in all it was a good interview. I do wish he had given us more of the inside story of the Navy officer he spoke to.

Great show as ever fellas, but similar to Wade and Dave above, I was a bit disappointed that the usually excellent Mr Dolan was so dismissive of James Carrion's work without having read it.

Maybe it's all the yoga. He needs to be careful, that's how David Icke started. (Joke. :))

Keep up the good work.

I enjoyed the show, thanks to all involved.
I agree with Wade, intelligent speculation can be useful, and just might be the underlying point of the enigma

I was watching this the other day

Kanzi aquired this ability after being shown it, he wasnt genetically enhanced or anything fancy like that

It shows the process of uplift or enculturalization can be as simple and subtle as monkey see monkey do.

Mr Dolan made this point during the interview in respect to reverse engineering, suggesting that we didnt directly clone the alleged technology, but seeing what it can do pursued the demonstrated capability via our own means thus duplicating the capability of the technology rather than the ET tech itself.

Great show thanks again

I enjoyed the show, I thought you were a bit of a rotter for bringing in the Carrion question, but equally I was slightly puzzled by Mr Dolan instantly 'poo pooing' it without having actually read the book. Not sure if that's a good sign of an open minded investigator? I was very interested in the black triangle information provided during the interview. I am writing a paper in relation to this very subject which will be available on line soon. Good show worth listening to again. A perfect example why I subscribe to the paracast. Thank you.

I want to start out by congratulating Gene and Chris on an excellent show.

As for Mr. Dolan, I like him, I've always liked him, I think he's done some great work. That being said, someone (I think it was the former co host) once described Dolan as a diplomat, and I think that as Rich spends more time in this field his diplomatic leanings become ever more apparent. It seems to me like Rich will go out of his way to leave the door open on some just plain ridiculous cases, Aztec, LMH'S laughable drone pics, MJ-12 etc, just to avoid pissing off his fellow researchers so those "lucrative" conference speaker jobs don't dry up. I almost busted a gut laughing when he said the MJ-12 documents would require a team of PHD's to reproduce. Give me a break, Bill Moore and a typewriter would be sufficient imo. His immediate dismissal of Carrions work, without even bothering to read it, strikes me as a move to keep himself ingratiated with his fellow researchers and conference organizers, rather than an objective look at what Carrion is actually presenting.

Rich just strikes me as a super nice guy who doesn't want to piss off the wrong people by tearing apart some of their more ridiculous cases. That's a problem if you're after some truth in this field, I like Rich but I don't think he's the guy to go to anymore for an objective look at the field and individual cases.

Still on the sideline regrading MJ12 documents and after reading US atomic history documents it sounds more plausible a MJ groups was in control. However, it's more likely a international groups rather just USA .

I loved the discussion on ISIS/ISIL and war policy.

As a vet of the Afghan War, I was constantly frustrated by what I saw as gross incompetency at all levels of military command. I've come to realize it wasn't incompetency that was costing us the conflict. We were losing the conflict to prolong the conflict, by design.

I am glad you guys asked about the interview he did with the old guy and area 51. That story always seemed fishy to me and the impression I got from Dolan is that he would have preferred to vet it more thoroughly before it was released. Was there ever a follow up to the guy's story done by anyone else? It just seemed to disappear.

Thanks Gene and Chris, really enjoyed this episode. Could have listened to you guys go on for another hour or two.

As a born again neophyte, I've been looking for a comprehensive ufology overview book and from the sounds of it Richard has written one. I'll be downloading it to my Kindle this evening....

It was a bit puzzling that Dolan would jump all over Carrion (when he hadn't read Carrion's material) and yet he defends 'his good friend' Stephen Bassett along with Linda Moulton Howe.

At least Dolan didn't defend the Ancient Alien theories. All in all it was a good interview. I do wish he had given us more of the inside story of the Navy officer he spoke to.

Yes. Very good point Dave. I immediately was also thinking whenever I heard mention of Linda or Basset, that I wanted Rich to qualify that he doesn't just accept info from them either but at no point were their efforts in the field called into question.

A bit like in life in general, people can be blind to the flaws of friends and it appears Dolan has a huge blind spot regarding certain 'names' in the field.

But not for a second am I questioning Dolan's own work integrity. I really admire his own work.

I do wish he had given us more of the inside story of the Navy officer he spoke to.

There you go:

I really liked this episode. Especially the little insight into the anonymous background. Thank you guys for asking my questions.

I think The UFO community has over thought the whole phenomenon. I think this is because our thinking is polluted by things like Star Trek. Why has it ever occurred to anybody that may be what happened in 1947 was a one-shot deal refugees for example traveling at well below the speed of light on them extremely long journey getting away from a disaster.

Not sure anything changed meaningfully, but the new version of the XenForo forum script cleaned up a few bugs.

You can still edit your text for up to a day after it's posted.

If you need to change things after that, open a private conversation with us and we'll take care of it.
I don't buy it...again I think this is over thinking the whole thing . It was much simpler than all that. I do think the private sector has tech but I don't buy that we have secret space programs. Again 1947 was likely a one shot visit and isn't that EHOUGH?

I didn't hear him say anything negative or positive about Linda Moulton Howe. Maybe he had an opinion about her in some other episode. He did say Steven Bassett is his friend, which is fine with me. I don't agree a lot with what Bassett has to say but I am not violently opposed to him.

Back