• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Richard Dolan Interview

David Biedny said:
Miah said:
Fuck it, I'm not wasting any more time trying to participate.

The customer is always right. Oh, wait, you haven't paid anything.

Take care!

dB

You get what you pay for, indeed.

I am also not paid to participate in the Q bank, so I simply don't see the need to waste my time doing so for no reason, which is what it amounts to.

Nothing personal.

Miah, the Question Bank is for questions that they can get to if the conversation swerves naturally in the direction of those questions. They don't plot out the show and it's obviously not the type of thing where they take a time out to answer listener mail. What about that is offensive?

You can't really chase "Fuck it, I'm not wasting any more time trying to participate" with, "nothing personal." That is kinda personal.

Miah said:
Fuck it, I'm not wasting any more time trying to participate.

So David, I am a huge T2 fan, one of my favorite movies of all time. Can you tell me what specifically you did for it yourself? At least be cool to say I know the guy that did THAT...

Please honor your word, and stop participating then.

LOL i just started listening to this episode LOL DB i wanna hear you laugh on demand like a monkey... like a howler monkey that would be some funny stuff haha... anyway yeah starting the interview bbl

So im on the part in the episode where its being discussed about the trinity site. Did the crash retrieval happen before or after the tests? Because, now bare with me... if the tests happened AFTER the crash and retrievals and it was really THAT great of a retrieval then wouldn't it be a perfect way to destroy all evidence of that retrieval? Getting 2 birds with one stone... testing and destroying evidence? Please excuse my ignorance if the answer is obvious this is kinda why i've shied away from the ufo field and not really gotten into it because i hate negative and hate full responses to things. I don't really have sensitive skin to criticism but honestly, where does negativity and fighting get us? no where.

But yea thats some food for thought (maybe).. now back to the show :)

update: nvm about what i said.. from what i found the crash happened 1947 and the trinity test happened in 1945. I maybe wrong but thats what i found

I take great pride and pleasure in criticizing our hosts, but I don't think them not taking a particular question from the crowd is a valid complaint. Who knows? Maybe they thought it was a stupid question.

Dolan's shows are always good. I can't hardly wait for his next book(s).

Although I understand the da Vinci/B-2 analogy, I don't think we're in the same position now. 'We' now understand the atomic structure and can make nearly anything of any size (I mean: down to nanotechnology) I think we do have the capability of back-engineering and that it isn't beyond us. I suspect the reason we haven't seen some overtly high-tech stuff out there deployed is simply because the conflicts we have are not of sufficient importance or risk to justify letting the cat out of the bag. I know our hosts don't like this, but technically speaking, we can already kick the crap out of anybody. The F-15 has never been shot down. You can't even see an F-22 in time to defend against it. A CVN carrier is 90,000 tons of diplomacy we can park anywhere we want to. We have complete and total air and sea superiority. Technically this is a fact. I quite realize policy and politics are an entirely different matter, but I am pointing out that deploying the really advanced stuff is just not necessary. The secret is more important to keep. I present this not as anything proven, but just as a possible explanation to toss around.

Miah,

Perhaps you have felt that you were providing a lot of value to the Paracast Website, and perhaps now feel unappreciated (because your question was not asked).

I've certainly been an active participant on websites where I felt I was enriching the gestalt or the group synergy, but no one ever said so. It's like trying to be a celebrity in the "big city" - it takes a lot to be noticed!

Let go of the victimhood. You are taking personally something that is in one sense totally in your own mind. No one here has intentionally slighted you. Dave and Gene are busy guys, and they do their best, with NO commitment to ask every question provided to them. THAT strategy is probably more likely to happen at Coast to Coast where the producers provide the host George Noory with the questions that he goes down during an interview, even if there is no natural flow whatsoever. Happily, the Paracast is much more a natural feeling conversation, which is very special. Any dork can sit at a microphone and ask preset questions sequentially without any concern for whether that question has already been answered during the interview or whether the question has any relevance to the direction the discussion has gone.

Just let it go.........or if you can't, then I fear you must go as "threatened" by you. Chill out or hit the cyber road. Good luck to you.

Miah, feel free to make your own radio show if this one isn't to your liking. I'll give it a listen.

The show is free, even though it cost money to make. Try to enjoy what you can.

My guess is that Miah meant that her/his disappointment wasn't personal, but it was significant. Let's not make this into something it isn't, like some big psychological problem, a "look at me!"-wah wah scenario. Miah doesn't seem to have a history of that.

The real issue is that she/he didn't get an answer to a question that was really important to her/him. (Sorry, Miah. I've never figured out your gender.)

So have you tried emailing Dolan with the question? Might be the best way to get an answer.

Why doesn't Gene or David just e-mail Rich and ask him?

It is an important question, one which should be separated from personal disappointment or acrimony. What makes Richard Dolan, who seems very credible, give any credence to Bob Lazar, who seems much less credible? Sure, any of us could ask Richard by e-mail, but it would mean more and be more likely to be noticed if it came from Gene or David

marmer said:
Why doesn't Gene or David just e-mail Rich and ask him?

It is an important question, one which should be separated from personal disappointment or acrimony. What makes Richard Dolan, who seems very credible, give any credence to Bob Lazar, who seems much less credible? Sure, any of us could ask Richard by e-mail, but it would mean more and be more likely to be noticed if it came from Gene or David

Related to Bob Lazar, I think this is worth mentioning:

Psychologically, he does not fit the type of person who fabricates UFO tales. He did not write a book, he did not seek the limelight and showed a complete lack of interest in being a "celebrity in the field". He told his story, it remained the same and *unembellished* (another significant point), and then he dropped out of the scene.

This sort of behavior fits the behavior of either 1) A person telling a story that was true to his knowledge, OR 2) A person telling a story that he was directed to tell by an authority.

In my opinion he is a mix of 1 and 2.

David's guys-in-parachutes-with-flashlights theory for the Phoenix lights event is... well interesting. Can't say I buy it fully. Another thought that occured to me as I listened though was that a while back (2006-ish) I remember seeing a news item about remote controled surveilence drones being employed by the military in Afghanistan. These things looked for all the world like the love child of a box fan and a card table but (and this is the important part) they were virtually silent. They demonstrated how these things could be used to quietly sidle along a building several stories up and peer in through windows and openings to search for targets (ostensibly terrorists). It's not outrageous to think that an earlier version of such devices could have been used to stage the second Phoenix incident.

Just a thought anyway. Great show all around, Dolan is always a good guest.

CapnG said:
David's guys-in-parachutes-with-flashlights theory for the Phoenix lights event is... well interesting. Can't say I buy it fully. Another thought that occured to me as I listened though was that a while back (2006-ish) I remember seeing a news item about remote controled surveilence drones being employed by the military in Afghanistan. These things looked for all the world like the love child of a box fan and a card table but (and this is the important part) they were virtually silent. They demonstrated how these things could be used to quietly sidle along a building several stories up and peer in through windows and openings to search for targets (ostensibly terrorists). It's not outrageous to think that an earlier version of such devices could have been used to stage the second Phoenix incident.

The other problem with this theory is why? ... why would the military bother staging an event like this? ... it just brings more attention to the phenomena.
There have been hundreds or thousands of sightings like this all over the world ..
why do a bunch of special forces have to scramble into a plane and parachute with special flashlights or flares to try and discredit ONE sighting? ... it doesn't make sense ..... especially when I've seen a video on this forum where the national guard said they were dropping flares behind the mountain range ... That's also the official military line anyway.

If it was special forces and they knew about the sighting then you would have to assume the giant triangle is also a military type of vehicle ...because how could they possibly have had time to come up with this "staged event" ( assuming it was ) unless they had staged the previous one as well ...
this scenario is implausible but less implausible than the other.

From a logical standpoint .. if the military did nothing ... a few people sighting black triangles would have been forgotten about in a couple of days ...
So there is no benefit in staging something that looks like a ufo ... so it's either flares .. (and what are the odds of an exercise like that being carried out exactly at that time and what kind of flares fall in perfect geometric formation ) or its' the real thing ... ufo I mean ....
Oneness1

I think that is a good point to make, why bring more attention to this, but who knows the logic of the military other than this would in their mind give them the ability to discredit part of the sighting. It would be funny though to look through binoculars only to see some parachuters holding sparklers or rear bike reflectors.

I have seen the video and it always reminds me of some old heavy metal rock concert lighting effect. Maybe it was some high tech lighting effect, but my opinion is not very informed on this.

I'm assuming there are blank spaces between those lights? Or is it too dark to tell?

The other problem with this theory is why? ... why would the military bother staging an event like this? ... it just brings more attention to the phenomena.

To draw attention away from the apparent stealth craft seen and caught on tape earlier. It worked. That video is very hard to find because so much attention is drawn to the light array videos.

I don't know Jeff and David's reasoning for thinking it's guys with parachutes holding flares. I do think the light array event is flares attached to balloons, as does Dr. Bruce Maccabee and some others. Or maybe parachutes if not balloons. The guys that were involved actually came forward. But, of course people will say they are lying.

For those interested, contact MUFON headquaters and ask about the earlier vid. I recall many years ago they dealt with it when I was a member.

I can go wackier. Except that I'm not all that sure it's really wacky, which is why I'll drop this on you guys.

Read a report several years ago from a man who said he'd been driving through the Arizona desert very early in the morning. He said he literally saw the ground beneath a mountain near Phoenix open up. A triangular ufo flew out of it and the ground closed again. It was as though a wedge shifted under the remaining desert floor to allow the craft's exit.

Sure it could have been a hoaxed report, but the idea of our secreting the places where we launch govt. black ops is intriguing to me anyway. We do build underground facilities and we do house military institutions within mountains.

Although this story didn't seem credible because any number of travelers might see the same thing thereby giving an underground facility away all too easily, it made sense that the desert provides little cover for take off. So I filed his story away waiting for some confirmation from another source. Haven't found another.

Actually, Arizona is not flat, except for the Valley of the Sun and other areas that are increasingly becoming urbanized. Arizona is quite mountainous, using that term loosely (I am sure to people from Colorado perhaps what are called mountains in Arizona are just ant hills). Nonetheless, I've gone there to hike many times, and it is very easy to get lost because there are countless gullys and valleys that probably never see human presence. It would be very easy to hide bases and other nefarious doings in the Arizona desert.

In fact, a friend of mine actually came upon a Satanic Ritual one late evening when camping. Suffice it to say it was the most bloody horrifying thing he had ever personally seen, and he actually feared for his life if detected. He was above them on a hillside, and sat without moving for 5 hours until they dispersed in their shiny new SUVs and Hummers. To this day, he is not sure if he witnessed a murder or cadaver being cut up and eaten raw, or if it was an animal. He said that while eating, the so-called people growled and acted like wolves or vampires. If it hadn't been so horrible, he would have found it very much a B movie.

Suffice it to say, the Arizona desert holds many secrets. Actually, I probably risk my life to say this, but my traumatized friend saw a photo of Gene and said "keep it away from me. No! No! He was the high priest at the Satanic murder!" (just messing with your minds with this paragraph, but the previous paragraph is a true event).

Back