• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Richard Dolan and Stan Romanek?

Creepy Green Light

Paranormal Adept
I am sure late to the party on this one, but today I learned that Richard Dolan is a supporter and believer in Stan Romanek's nonsense? Is this true? :eek:

Dolan has a tendency to be friends with the likes of Maussan and Moulton-Howe. It wouldn't surprise me these days if he defended Romanek.
It's hard for me to wrap my head around how ANYBODY, let alone "UFO experts/researchers" can take the likes of Romanek seriously. Or the likes of Billy Meier, Urzi, etc.

Richard Dolan isn't the same as you might remember from ten years ago or so. You will see him on 'Hanger One' and 'Ancient Aliens' more often than not. What does that tell you?
Wow. It's just really baffling to me. But then again, maybe it's not. Once you consider the common denominator in a lot of the dubious workings in UFOlogy. To quote Pink Floyd "Money, so they say. Is the root of all evil today."

It might be relevant to confirm if Dolan's apparent support is ongoing/current or is actually a quote from years ago. Like some others, Romanek at the very least, was less whacky and unbelievable early on - I happen to think he probably had a couple of real sightings but fell victim to that UFO witness curse of wanting 15secs of fame to continue.
Like Whitley Strieber, Romanek now claims to have experienced virtually every distinct weird paranormal phenomena reported - it's not enough to claims some great sightings, even abductions, no they have to also claim time-travel, hybrid children, MIB, government interference etc It just gets silly.

I may be wrong but I'd be quite surprised if Dolan fully supports everything Romanek claims at the present time. Dolan is a consummate diplomat though, he never says anything that might make guest speaking at conferences awkward with fellow speakers!

I'm not digging the Dolan beard.
data_beard.jpg

It might be relevant to confirm if Dolan's apparent support is ongoing/current or is actually a quote from years ago. Like some others, Romanek at the very least, was less whacky and unbelievable early on - I happen to think he probably had a couple of real sightings but fell victim to that UFO witness curse of wanting 15secs of fame to continue.
Like Whitley Strieber, Romanek now claims to have experienced virtually every distinct weird paranormal phenomena reported - it's not enough to claims some great sightings, even abductions, no they have to also claim time-travel, hybrid children, MIB, government interference etc It just gets silly.

I may be wrong but I'd be quite surprised if Dolan fully supports everything Romanek claims at the present time. Dolan is a consummate diplomat though, he never says anything that might make guest speaking at conferences awkward with fellow speakers!
Yeah but one would think once Romanek was busted flinging a pen with his hand (which he thought was out of view of his Skype session) that he would be discredited. I discredited him as soon as I saw his ridiculous puppet thingy looking in his window. But then add the flinging of objects by himself during a web interview? C'mon.

Yeah but one would think once Romanek was busted flinging a pen with his hand (which he thought was out of view of his Skype session) that he would be discredited. I discredited him as soon as I saw his ridiculous puppet thingy looking in his window. But then add the flinging of objects by himself during a web interview? C'mon.
The pen fling made me laugh out loud!,and the peeping Tom puppet ffs!

Dolan is a genuinely decent & nice guy. I don't know what his current stance is on Romanek or any of the others but I know that public figures are often very careful when commenting on other public figures. Once said things can be taken out of context, twisted or however else possible it is to be incorrectly attributed.

The internet can dredge up material from time past over which time has changed a lot of things in a lot of lives. Those other things don't often get added to the original quotes to better explain them.

Frankly I don't care what he or anyone else thinks of Romanek. I've never been a fan. I don't think anyone has enough information on his situation to make an accurate statement - not even Romanek if he is as delusional as you've painted him.

Just remember when you are judging others on the basis of simply 1 thing that you might be losing a lot of other relevant data. I don't think it is wise to throw the baby out with the bathwater. YMMV.

The UFO subculture is a refrigerator filled with left overs. It seems that it only takes so much time before everything within it eventually goes bad. The whole "ufology" thing is a presupposition and reminds me of politics and the notion of what is a politician. By virtue of human nature, the concept is disavowed to a sheer amalgam of dysfunction. Many things are seemingly wonderful upon inception. They appear logical, functional, and well meant until the undertaking becomes a profession. Instant and undeniable corruption ensues. It's like trying to use an aerosol can of ether or starting fluid to extinguish a bonfire. Not gonna happen.

I think this is because humanity has not reached a socially acceptable plateau wherein reality is functionally defined beyond appearances. More of the need for progressive human evolution in temporal aspect. Progressive philosophy maybe?

Yes I agree. Before even the alien in the window (which I mentioned on a show a couple of years ago) I remember all the stuff which contained weird spellings which Stan used, and he claimed this letters or whatever was from 'the government' etc. I knew Stan was full of it long before the pen incident.

I am not at all a believer in Stan, but like anyone on the planet, he could have had sighting and I've seen 2 pieces of footage supposedly filmed by Stan that I could not readily explain. One was just a night-time UFO and the the other was a film in colour of a light anomaly flying around a room.

I actually think this field, with its high strange goings-on etc is just weird enough to be giving real hoaxers, real experiences, just to make the whole thing even more impossible to figure out!

Now I think about it, a similar scenario played out with B. Meier and Wendelle Stevens. At one point (when I was a teenager) I thought Stevens was sharp & top notch. I mean if he bought in 100% to the Meier case then why shouldn't I? I mean he's a retired Air Force officer.

I learned otherwise as the years went on.

Now I think about it, a similar scenario played out with B. Meier and Wendelle Stevens. At one point (when I was a teenager) I thought Stevens was sharp & top notch. I mean if he bought in 100% to the Meier case then why shouldn't I? I mean he's a retired Air Force officer.

I learned otherwise as the years went on.
You can throw in the fake ray gun as well.

What i don't get is if Stan is lying and hoaxing his way to fame why does Alejandro Rojas swear by him?? and his wife seems credible she's stood by him for a long time now i know some of the footage is ridiculous some of the ufo does not seem to bad ??? or maybe just me ?lol

or is it like the Meldrum and /Todd Standing team up ?

Last edited:
Back