• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Return of the Mysterious Universe Podcast

aNorthernSoul

Professional Breather
So, I'm not too sure how many people liked the old Mysterious Universe Podcast hosted by Benjamin Grundy nor how many people had such a bad taste left in their mouth due to absences of episodes and will never return, but it looks like its relaunch is even closer. The site has been updated again put into maintenance mode and declared its very close now.

Mysterious Universe Preparing for launch. Currently loading cargo bay.

What are everyone's thoughts on this podcast? I quite enjoyed it.

I enjoyed it too. (I was a Premium Member). In fact, the Mysterious Universe podcast is what rekindled my interest in the "paranormal" and such, and led me to find the Paracast.

Having listened to every episode of the Paracast, I now realize that probably 90% of the stuff I heard on MU was bunk, but it was fun anyway...

I'll probably download the podcasts if it indeed comes back, but I won't make the mistake of premium membership again...

I enjoyed it even though it was really just Grundy reading news articles he'd found or been sent. The guy had a good podcasting voice, the show was well produced sound-wise, and it had enough self awareness of when things were just silly to be entertaining.

I wasn't a premium listener or anything, I just liked the show. It was great for my commute because you didn't really have to pay close attention. ;)

loved it. I still mourn the loss of the first episodes from my computer... sniff...

I have been patiently waiting for an update to the podcast's status, and am happy to see there has been a change in the front page, that indicates it has not been forgotten.

and the MU podcast was my doorway to The Paracast, as well, so yet another reason to like it.

Can hardly wait for it to come back, I hope he has the links to the music downloads, still!:D:D:D

So whats the dealio with MU - is Grundy coming back.. or someone new?

Didn't I hear Dave/Gene mention something about this or being connected with it somehow?

A lot of people have said the same things I wanted to say! Grrrr

MU was the first podcast to which I subscribed. Grundy's voice was, well, very well suited to the subject matter and it was very well produced.

From MU I went to Eerie, Black Vault and then on to the Paracast...no regrets at all. And sound quality is a HUGE issue with me since I listen in the car as well...I hate the shows where the guest is too quiet and the host too loud or vice-versa.

Best of luck to Grundy.

So whats the dealio with MU - is Grundy coming back.. or someone new?

It sounds like Grundy is coming back. It's been implied on his Facebook page too. I hope he himself will be hosting the show and not taking a more background approach with it as I agree that his voice really gave the show something extra that made it so listenable.

I did listen to the show for awhile in the past before I found there were better podcasts. I liked the quality but not the content. I hope he has more in store than just reciting UFO Google alerts and spending countless hours on Old Hag Syndrome. It got old pretty quick IMO. Seems like it could have been a much better show.

Funnily enough, the Paracast was the first podcast of this type I listened to (first Greer interview happened to be the first).

I found MU dull because it was just Grundy reading out stories.

I liked the slick production of MU.

I disliked Grundy taking my money and then failing to follow though on delivering the content. In most cultures that's considered...you know...stealing.

I liked the slick production of MU.

I disliked Grundy taking my money and then failing to follow though on delivering the content. In most cultures that's considered...you know...stealing.

I agree SteveO, but Grundy did say he would refund money to his Premium Members - he was not timely with it, if I recall, because he was really backlogged with refund requests. Whether everybody got their refunds or not, I don't know - I know I did.

Toward the end, Grundy suggested that he was going through some personal troubles that interfered with the creation of the MU podcast. I guess I had to give the guy the benefit of the doubt - I don't know what he might have suffered.

I would download a new MU, because as it has been said, Grundy had a pleasant voice the the production was great, but if the content is not improved, I suspect I'll bore quickly - I have the Paracast to thank for that. As I mentioned in a previous post, it was MU that led me to the Paracast, which led me to much more critical thinking about this subject than MU ever did.

They were promos for the old show.
Heres one of them-

As far as my forum name was..? I don't think I was on the MU forum from memory. If I was, I woudn't have been very vocal.

Thanks for the link, I remember that one and it may still be on my iPod.
I will check back now and see if I still have the second one, too.

Like a lot of you, the MU podcast led me to The Paracast podcast. I wasn't happy about the way the show ended, and felt for the premium members that paid for the extra stuff that was offered. I'll take a listen to the reincarnation and see what's up.

Back