• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Return of the Mysterious Universe Podcast

While I am happy that the Mysterious Universe podcast is back up and running, as I did enjoy it for its entertainment value and fine production, I am extremely disappointed at Ben Grundy's lack of an apology to his listeners. I found his previous behavior toward me as a paying customer appalling, and the whole method of how he handled the situation MU1 was offensive. Yes, he should get a second chance and I am pleased to see that he now has a co-host and is not currently offering any pay-material. However, I don't think I will be listening until he at least stops pretending that the whole debacle never happened and man up for two seconds. It's just a matter of accountability. He apparently has none since he has tried desperately to cover his tracks throughout his numerous scandals.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer or anything like that, it's just how I feel.

My thoughts on this were very close to yours. Then I remembered he gave a very detailed apology when he gave the final post telling of his departure. I feel you on this one, I really do; we couldn't help but feel a little stabbed in the back by Ben. Although one needs to remember how bad the message boards had gotten, they were a Ben bashing haven. To some degree he may have deserved it, becuase he was in no way prepared to take on MU as a dull time paying job. Trust me on this that there is no one more regretful of thier actions more so than Ben. His peace has been made regarding his actions, now it is all our turn to allow him to once again win back the fans that were left with a sour taste in thier mouths.

I must have missed the apology, things got so chaotic toward the end of the situation that I was just like - I'm out. The site was down, then back up, then down, etc.

I hope this time things go a LOT better - and I definitely hope Ben has learned his lesson about conducting business. I want to think the best, but part of me wonders if this whole thing won't just happen all over again someday.

Anyway, in the meantime things seem to be going well, fans seem to be happy, and I am pleasantly surprised that the show is back on track. It's just a shame that the host's actions have made the show less enjoyable for me.

On a final note, I'd like to say that I applaud THE PARACAST for never once missing a show and for providing a wonderful, intelligent paranormal program that has always been free. In this regard, Gene and David are class acts.

Back