• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Rental Car Company Question - Please HELP

Creepy Green Light

Paranormal Adept
I have to go on a trip here in a few weeks and needed a rental car. Is there any one company(s) that I should avoid? Are they all pretty much the same nowadays or is there a company that has better policies & procedures vs. their competition?

I want to say about 4 years ago I used Budget and I think I got ripped off by their odd fuel refill policy.

Any help from you regular travelers is appreciated! :)

Ive only rented on the weekends. If you are returning to the same place Those smaller local Enterprise locations have great weekend rates but they are usually closed on Sundays and maybe half day Saturday

In the old days, when I had money, I rented from Enterprise because it usually offered the best rates. But it's best to call the local office, because rates may be very different from the national site. Also, check the actual cars they have, as they might be able to upgrade you if the class of vehicle you want isn't there. Watch out for the extra charges. Your own auto insurance policy can cover the rental vehicle, so don't pay the high price the rental car store charges. Look for such frills as satellite ratio, which is great if you can get it.

One more thing: You might be able to consider the rental as a test drive in a car you might want to buy. Rental companies also sell off their cars after a year or two, but you never know who drove them or how well they were treated. At least you can cap a bargain, though, if you make sure there's a good warranty.

In the old days, when I had money, I rented from Enterprise because it usually offered the best rates. But it's best to call the local office, because rates may be very different from the national site. Also, check the actual cars they have, as they might be able to upgrade you if the class of vehicle you want isn't there. Watch out for the extra charges. Your own auto insurance policy can cover the rental vehicle, so don't pay the high price the rental car store charges. Look for such frills as satellite ratio, which is great if you can get it.

One more thing: You might be able to consider the rental as a test drive in a car you might want to buy. Rental companies also sell off their cars after a year or two, but you never know who drove them or how well they were treated. At least you can cap a bargain, though, if you make sure there's a good warranty.
Great points, thank you.

I recently used Hertz and was unsatisfied, I believe I have used Enterprise in the past and did very well. They will often upgrade you depending on their supply.

I have to go on a trip here in a few weeks and needed a rental car. Is there any one company(s) that I should avoid? Are they all pretty much the same nowadays or is there a company that has better policies & procedures vs. their competition?

I want to say about 4 years ago I used Budget and I think I got ripped off by their odd fuel refill policy.

Any help from you regular travelers is appreciated! :)
i was talked into the $80 toll pass to avoid less than $3 of tolls.... always gas it yourself. if you damage the rental return it before they open maybe you can avoid paying for the damage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Back