1. SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of The Paracast, the exclusive After The Paracast podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, plus show transcripts, the new Paracast+ Video Channel, Classic Episodes and Special Features categories! We now offer lifetime memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://www.theparacast.com/plus/

The Official Paracast Store is back! Check out our latest lineup of customized stuff at: The Official Paracast Store!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!
    Dismiss Notice

Rental Car Company Question - Please HELP

Discussion in 'General Freewheeling Chit-Chat' started by Creepy Green Light, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Creepy Green Light

Creepy Green Light Paranormal Adept

ex U.S. Naval Combat Aircrewman - both Gulf Wars
    I have to go on a trip here in a few weeks and needed a rental car. Is there any one company(s) that I should avoid? Are they all pretty much the same nowadays or is there a company that has better policies & procedures vs. their competition?

I want to say about 4 years ago I used Budget and I think I got ripped off by their odd fuel refill policy.

Any help from you regular travelers is appreciated! :)

2. Gene Steinberg

Gene Steinberg Forum Super Hero Staff Member

Forum Super Hero
    Home Page:
    I've used Enterprise, which seems decent enough. The best fuel refill plan is for them to let you do it.

3. Wade

Wade FeralNormal master

Armchair Observer
    Ive only rented on the weekends. If you are returning to the same place Those smaller local Enterprise locations have great weekend rates but they are usually closed on Sundays and maybe half day Saturday

4. Gene Steinberg

Gene Steinberg Forum Super Hero Staff Member

Forum Super Hero
    Home Page:
    In the old days, when I had money, I rented from Enterprise because it usually offered the best rates. But it's best to call the local office, because rates may be very different from the national site. Also, check the actual cars they have, as they might be able to upgrade you if the class of vehicle you want isn't there. Watch out for the extra charges. Your own auto insurance policy can cover the rental vehicle, so don't pay the high price the rental car store charges. Look for such frills as satellite ratio, which is great if you can get it.

One more thing: You might be able to consider the rental as a test drive in a car you might want to buy. Rental companies also sell off their cars after a year or two, but you never know who drove them or how well they were treated. At least you can cap a bargain, though, if you make sure there's a good warranty.

5. Creepy Green Light

Thank you for the input Gene :)

6. Creepy Green Light

Thank you Wade :)

7. Creepy Green Light

Great points, thank you.

8. withoutlimits09

withoutlimits09 Paranormal Adept

I recently used Hertz and was unsatisfied, I believe I have used Enterprise in the past and did very well. They will often upgrade you depending on their supply.

9. matthew1977

matthew1977 Paranormal Adept

i was talked into the $80 toll pass to avoid less than $3 of tolls.... always gas it yourself. if you damage the rental return it before they open maybe you can avoid paying for the damage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk