• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Religion

Thanks Guys,
I think the dangerous dog example really nails the case.

When a dangerous dog commits the ultimate transgression, its humanely put down, not tortured in a burning pit for as long as possible

Clearly Humans are more moral than a god, would would torture for eternity, those who transgress against his rules.
ff52angels_001.jpg

Matthew 26:52—53 says:
Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels?"​
No doubt with flaming swords​
Angel-with-fire-sword.jpg

I LOL'd and LOL'd

God could have just forgiven mankind, but instead killed his own kid ?????

The fable is we are all gods children, but who would torture and kill one of their children, in order to fogive the others ?
Thats insane oh wait

"Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones." (Psalms 137:9, KJV)

"How blessed will be the one who seizes and dashes your little ones Against the rock." (Psalms 137:9, New American Bible)

"Happy the man who shall seize and smash your little ones against the rock!" (Psalms 137:9, New American Bible)

"a blessing on anyone who seizes your babies and shatters them against a rock!" (Psalms 137:9, Jerusalem Bible)

Comment

Ask a Christian friend whether he or she should feel happy to dash a child against the rocks. Your friend will most likely stare at you in horror, much less believe this idea exists in their sacred Bible.

Many Churches have found this verse quite embarrassing. It gives no wonder why priests, Jews, and Christians alike, who quote from Psalms 137, always leave out this last verse.
The Dark Bible: Morality And Paradoxes

"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me." (Luke 19:27)

Jesus is love ? yeah right

Its insane isnt it, the level of cignitive disonance you need to reconcile the data is huge, and yet

The Bible is the inerrant ... word of the living God. It is absolutely infallible,without error in all matters pertaining to faith and practice, as well as in areas such as geography, science, history, etc.-- Jerry Falwell,

and in a classic case of transferance

If you're not a born-again Christian, you're a failure as a human being.-- Rev Jerry Falwell

8 people would not be able to feed let along shovel the shit these critters made.

And how did noah feed the carnivores

When in captivity, lions are fed once per day. The amount of meat that they receive varies upon which zoo they are in. For example, the Honolulu Zoo gives its female lions 11 pounds of meat a day and its male lions 15.4 pounds of meat a day. This equates to 77 pounds of meat a week for females and 107.8 (nearly 110) pounds of meat a week for males.

lets see one of each thats 180 pounds a week times 52 weeks (it was actually 377 days buts lets not get bogged down)
Thats 9 thousand plus pounds of meat just for the lions, add the tigers, wolves cheetahs jaguars bears.......

and of course after 377 days underwater, these animals would not have been living off the land once they disembarked .........

And yet The Bible is the inerrant ... word of the living God. It is absolutely infallible,without error in all matters

To accept that you must first embrace total mind numbing ignorance instead

yeah its mad I know..

That pic really puts it in perspective when you line it up with a ship we know the size of etc.

I have had an argument with a born again (my sister) about Noah and not just about his ark. Really if you believe this story then water into wine and coming back from the dead is not that much more of a stretch if you ask me.

Here are a few more questions about the flood:

Where did all that water go?

If it came from the sky the atmospheric pressure alone would have killed every thing so how do we account for that?

Why are there no traces left of a global flood?

How did Noah get to Australia, North and South America, Antarctica, and all the other small Islands and archipelagos to get the unique life forms that live there?

After the flood how did he get them all back and make sure that each species was in its correct habitat that it would have lived in before the flood?

How long was it before the said habitats were able to support said life forms again for it would have taken years for them to recover from a flood as it would surly have killed all the trees etc.

Listing of Problems with Flood Geology

The whole silly Flood story - SkepticReport

So I put it to the biblical literalist to answer these questions and show accurate peer reviewed evidence to support your answers.............................. bet you can't

I love this one:

Elephants
In the Sunday School stories, most of us imagined one pair, or at most two African and two Asian pachyderms, on the Ark; and we assumed those few were Noah’s biggest problem. But he could probably have wedged them in somewhere, among the handful of other large mammals always shown in the picture books. Somehow the elephants were always waving their trunks over the side, and the giraffes poking their heads up over the deckhouse. Then we grew up (most of us) and found out that there used to be things like mastodons and woolly mammoths. As a matter of fact, if we did just a little research, we could have found out that there are some 160 species of probiscideans, living and extinct, many of them wildly, grotesquely different from modern Jumbos. Then the problem arises of whether or not all those guys were on the Ark. All 160 species, with their months of fodder, obviously could not have been aboard, especially if we realize that other large mammal “kinds” also have myriad extinct species, some of which were larger than any elephant ever was. As I see it, there are several explanations. Choose your favorite from the list below:
  • 158 of God’s perfectly-created elephant species had already died out before the Flood.
  • Only one pair of the elephant “kind” (are they “clean” or “unclean”?) were aboard, and immediately afterward evolved into 160 different species, 158 of which immediately became extinct.
  • 158 species were simply left off the Ark, and got killed and fossilized by the Flood–and Genesis is just exaggerating about all beasts being aboard.
  • There never were more than two species of elephants–all those fossils of extinct ones, including whole, frozen mammoths that modern people have excavated complete–are merely a trick of Satan.
  • All animals were on the Ark, just like Genesis says. Shut up and don’t ask.
Thanks to Oren Grossman for informing me that there are actually three species of living elephants, including the smaller African bush elephant.Thus creationists only need to account for 157 instant extinctions… but have to accommodate at least six pachyderms on the Ark!

This one is very cool:

Koalas
They live only in Australia. Their diet is so restricted–to a few subspecies of eucalyptus–that they’re threatened now by destruction of the only kinds of trees they will eat. It’s also hard to imagine them migrating. Over many generations they might slowly spread through an area–but travelers, they ain’t.
And when they did migrate over 9,000 miles, in a tiny herd from Ararat to New South Wales, eating a convenient trail of long-disappeared eucalyptus (which took how many years after the Flood to grow?), they left no trail of koala fossils behind.
A suggestion for creation “researchers”: instead of wasting endless hours combing through the writings of real scientists to find phrases to yank out of context that make them seem to doubt evolution–instead of that, put together a real research expedition! Find us that bee-line trail from northern Turkey to Australia. Find us those fossilized eucalyptus leaves, koala footprints, and koala bones. While you’re at it, it would be lovely if you turned up a few kangaroos, giant moas, marsupial lions, Tasmanian wolves, and platypuses along that superhighway to the South Pacific.

The only answer that fits is fairy tale.
Not just for noah, but for the enire bible, its fiction not fact.

It CANT be fact, it CAN only be fiction

Nothing else makes rational sense

The problem is the religious mind is not rational how could it be to believe it to start with.

Read the bible as a 'handbook of how to live with each other (without the killing and eye-gouging)' and I'm ok with that.

There's a lot of value still in christian faith, problem is that way too many people take the bible as the 'be all end all'. I'll call tem christian terrorists from now on, no difference to the Quran.

Hi FBI.

Why is there no evidence of a flood in ice core series? Ice cores from Greenland have been dated back more than 40,000 years by counting annual layers. [Johnsen et al, 1992,; Alley et al, 1993] A worldwide flood would be expected to leave a layer of sediments, noticeable changes in salinity and oxygen isotope ratios, fractures from buoyancy and thermal stresses, a hiatus in trapped air bubbles, and probably other evidence. Why doesn't such evidence show up?

Why is there no evidence of a flood in tree ring dating? Tree ring records go back more than 10,000 years, with no evidence of a catastrophe during that time. [Becker & Kromer, 1993; Becker et al, 1991; Stuiver et al, 1986]

Problems with a Global Flood, 2nd edition

Im always amazed at this, in the UFO genre we see people who use critical thinking to get to the heart of the various claims made. If the above fact sheet were debunking billy meier, it would make perfect sense to most.
And yet these same people leave their critical thinking, like a pair of dirty shoes, at the door every sunday when they step into a church and embrace the sham that is religion.

The brainwashing kicks in and they go into a mental disconnect

Back