• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Redfern Out, Kimball In - 8 October 2017

Oh Thomas, no one is berating anyone. It's a simple fact that some people go on and on and on without really saying much of value to the discussion.
It's real big of you to appoint yourself as the Arbiter of Conversational Value here at the The Paracast forums.

Pro tip: you don't actually have to read anyone's posts online. You can choose to ignore anyone, or everyone. Thanks for playing.

Then you don't have to discuss it. Maybe from a certain viewpoint what you're saying is true because people don't like to have their bias bubbles burst, but that's a shallow reason for not trying to understand things.

Relating to people is what people do and one of the primary ways we do that ( particularly here ) is via words, which means that in order to have a coherent conversation people need to have a common understanding about what people mean when they say the things they do. That's basic critical thinking, and quite frankly, if it bothers you then you're part of the problem instead of the solution.

Some people just aren't satisfied with deferring to nonsense for the sake of personal bias and what feels good. "Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know." - Hemmingway

Then don't dissect your own beliefs. Be happy living in whatever bubble makes you happy.

Apart from the multiple witness sightings and ones supported by instrumented detection, I suppose you might have a valid point.

Excellent example of my point here. You actually took the time to dissect everything I said. Look how important it is to you. Could have spent the time figuring out yourself. And what is the problem you're so valiantly solving? UFOs?? :D Your reaction is childish. Nowhere did I say there aren't UFOs or that people have not really seen them. Look how you jump to that conclusion in your emotional disdain of my comments, lol. And because I point out how people indeed overly discuss the issue sometimes, I'm somehow blocking your grand pursuit of The Truth? :D Now disagreement is 'part of the problem', lol. Talk about being in a bubble! :D

Somebody cue Streisand's 'People' for this guy... :D

It's real big of you to appoint yourself as the Arbiter of Conversational Value here at the The Paracast forums.

Pro tip: you don't actually have to read anyone's posts online. You can choose to ignore anyone, or everyone. Thanks for playing.

LMFAO :D I'll comment on the conversation here any time I like, Tommy Boy. What I said is valid and pertinent. It's a public forum about the paranormal and the discussion is UFOs. None of this is gonna be laid down for the ages, my man. :D People DO over-talk the stuff. MY point, which you so brilliantly passed over, is that being less expressive can encourage certain phenomena to manifest. But look what you and your buddy got tangled up in. :D

I'm not supposed to comment in a forum? If you don't want people saying things you'll disagree with or take offense to, might I recommend you try a private conversation...? :D

Excellent example of my point here. You actually took the time to dissect everything I said. Look how important it is to you.
So what? I like to write in this forum. Since when did that become a capital offense?
Could have spent the time figuring out yourself. And what is the problem you're so valiantly solving? UFOs?? :D Your reaction is childish.
So says the guy who's lowered himself to epithet rather than providing insightful counterpoint.
Nowhere did I say there aren't UFOs or that people have not really seen them.
Nowhere did I say you did.
Look how you jump to that conclusion in your emotional disdain of my comments, lol.
You're reading your own bias into your interpretation. Maybe try sticking to what's actually said.
And because I point out how people indeed overly discuss the issue sometimes, I'm somehow blocking your grand pursuit of The Truth? :D
There you go again.
Now disagreement is 'part of the problem', lol.
Disagreement isn't a problem when people use it constructively. Maybe try that approach sometime.

Talk about being in a bubble! :D Somebody cue Streisand's 'People' for this guy... :D
Anyone with sufficiently sharp wit and reasoning is welcome to burst my bubble at any time. Yours isn't doing that at present.

I'm not supposed to comment in a forum?
That's actually the opposite of what I said. My point is that anyone is free to say pretty much whatever they want, for as long as they want, but you don't have to read it.
Do I get a crown and a scepter for my role as 'Arbiter of Conversational Value'?? :D
I will now forever envision you donning an extravagant fluffy florid cape and a huge bejeweled crown, wielding an enormous scepter decorated with your own likeness, sitting upon a shiny golden throne that glistens as brightly as the lobby at Trump Tower. Thank you =D

So what? I like to write in this forum. Since when did that become a capital offense?

So says the guy who's lowered himself to epithet rather than providing insightful counterpoint.

Nowhere did I say you did.

You're reading your own bias into your interpretation. Maybe try sticking to what's actually said.

There you go again.

Disagreement isn't a problem when people use it constructively. Maybe try that approach sometime.

Anyone with sufficiently sharp wit and reasoning is welcome to burst my bubble at any time. Yours isn't doing that at present.

LOL, Look how much effort you're putting into this! :D Wow. And I didn't name anyone in my original comment that you find so problematic. You're really too worked up over this, you know. :D

That's actually the opposite of what I said. My point is that anyone is free to say pretty much whatever they want, for as long as they want, but you don't have to read it.

I will now forever envision you donning an extravagant fluffy florid cape and a huge bejeweled crown, wielding an enormous scepter decorated with your own likeness, sitting upon a shiny golden throne that glistens as brightly as the lobby at Trump Tower. Thank you =D

Now there is a good response, Muffin! :D You finally decide to not take yourself so seriously! :D

There you go again projecting yourself.

You aren't going to win this, you know :D Maybe when I get bored and have to do real things and you and your buddy then get to post a bunch of comments that I won't see because there's something more interesting to do elsewhere, but that'll be a hollow victory because you'll be like a boxer sparring with himself. :D

In fact, I'll give you the opportunity to 'win'. I'll go do more important things than impede intrepid UFO/paranormal commentary. Have at it! :)

When did it become about "winning" for you Boz?
Am I the only one that remembers his indefensible stance on Trump?

He can't help but be himself, man. Getting mad at him is like getting mad at the wind. The wind doesn't know what it does, doesn't care what it does, and doesn't realize that it is acting according to very simple rules dictated by other factors.

Back to the Paracast Show with Paul Kimball :cool:which was a very good show and hope sid vicious (Nick ) is getting better. How many times did you replace the batteries if at all during the encounter with the Ghosts (whatever it is ) electrical phenomena and did Paul or any other members of the TV crew get any type poltergeist activity at home yet?

Checking the batteries is always the first thing we do. More than once we have had freshly-charged camera and audio batteries essentially drained on location in a matter of minutes, along with our cameras and audio recorders malfunctioning in ways that just can't be explained (and believe me, given how much our gear costs, we exhaust all possible prosaic explanations so that we can be sure the equipment isn't defective).

No poltergeist activity at home.

Thanks for bringing the conversation back to the actual topic, and away from the macho posturing. :)

Paul, isn't this fairly a common phenomenon among ghost hunters? Weird problems have also been reported in attempts to capture videos of UFO abductions too. A curious relationship.

Wow this stuff can be hair raising and was not suggesting defective gear just outside interference from this phenomena. As experiment have you used any religious text during these events such as praying to see any effects to the phenomena? Also the shadow encounters when you guys are alert not tired and not sleep paralysis contact will be interesting if you can captured on film. Also death threats are not cool (Paul shocked this type of activity from another fellow professional TV editor)

Last edited:
Wow this stuff can be hair raising and was not suggesting defective gear just outside interference from this phenomena. As experiment have you used any religious text during these events such as praying to see any effects to the phenomena? Also the shadow encounters when you guys are alert not tired and not sleep paralysis contact will be interesting if you can captured on film.

I've run across "shadow people" while wide awake, as I detailed in one of the chapters in my book The Other Side of Truth. And yes, we captured some very strange shadow activity in Haunted.

I'm an agnostic, so I don't use any religious type of stuff - it would be hypocritical of me. Faith should be employed by those who actually have it, not those of us who don't.

Paul, isn't this fairly a common phenomenon among ghost hunters? Weird problems have also been reported in attempts to capture videos of UFO abductions too. A curious relationship.

The problem with most "ghost hunters" is that they use substandard equipment, which they don't really understand. But yes, I've met some other folks who actually know what they're doing when it comes to AV equipment, and who are using high end stuff, that report similar issues.

However, religious or not, widening your audience base part and parcel of capitalism. As long it's not tongue and cheeks humour during the process of the experiment of the study to see if you get a the reaction while using a professional priest or monk etc .

Back