• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Recommended: Fortean Radio Podcast

J.T.

Maybe Logic
Found a good podcast. Shocked. Only four episodes so far. Made by the people who brought you the skeptical Righteous Indignation. Which means it is likely to sustain its momentum in producing bi-weekly episodes for some time to come.

It's titled Fortean Radio. They have, so far, covered Crop Circles with Andy Russell, Archaeoacoustics with Paul Devereux, the Highgate Vampire saga with Anthony Hogg and some personal experiences with Sascha Christie.

It is a skeptical show in the British mode; it doesn't do the shows to put down people or beliefs, but neither does it cater to the true believer. It's intelligent, inconclusive, curious and open-minded and it has been edited to around 40 minutes per episode.

The selection of guests has been superb and I'm actually anticipating the next show. Try it out. You can measure that damn circle starting anywhere.

Fortean Radio
Fortean Radio | Facebook
Fortean Radio (Forteanradio) on Twitter

Ok, am gonna check it out. While we are at it, here is a podcast I actively try to promote, you will find it's site and youtube channel well put together with specially made music and a fantastic video intro, all done by the host, Will Pender. I've had the pleasure of helping this podcast a litte and The Paracast's very own Chris O'Brien was the second ever guest on the show.
It covers a variety of well-known and many lesser know weird stories/occurences etc. I heartily recommend this show, it's 2 guys chatting over weird stuff and they don't try to be believer or skeptic, they relate and discuss and allow us to make our own minds up.

The show is called 'effedupstories' and the website and videos on youtube are easy to find.

I just came across that one yesterday when Nick Redfern blogged about being on the latest episode. Haven't listened to it yet but now will make it top priority. Thanks!

Jim Harold's "campfire" podcast is another that might interest you.He also participates in several other podcasts and offers a paid area for a fee.

Jim Harold's "campfire" podcast is another that might interest you.He also participates in several other podcasts and offers a paid area for a fee.

Ive been into jim harold since he started the paranormal podcast and I loved the paranormal report with clayton morris - I was sad when clayton left and I only listen to jim occasionally now depending on the guest. There are so many paranormal shows now its difficult to keep up!

My must-listen shows are Paracast, effedup stories and Mysterious Universe. I still listen to C2C if a good guest is on.

Yes I IMO the paracast is still the top paranormal podcast radio show. Jim made the jump to paid subscriptions....long story short. I heard him on one show tell how many members he had. Doing the math on that didn't have the best outcome. And you have to remember that in order to count on the income the members all have to re subscribe every year.This probably doesn't happen. His paid area offers a lot of back recordings and such I think.Not a value to me but different strokes for different folks.

Jim holds a degree in communications and is apparently pretty good at putting the material out there with all the technologies.He is a great host. I have thought at times his guests were a little lame but when your product comes to you free you take what you can get with call in guests.

Probably the worst podcast talk show I have heard is the X-zone. They crank out shows like crazy but the host is known to be abrasive and rude to the guests particularly those who don't have his world view. A very melancholy experience. If you think the guests on the Paracast are odd sometimes, man don't listen to the X-zone. if you like weird folks then by all means go check it out.

A reason we don't make the show available in paid form is that listenership will never be consistent. Someone has a bill to pay, or an emergency expense, and you lose a listener.

In saying that, I have nothing against offering a premium ad-free version in addition to the free ad-filled version, but the network says no. So there you go.

Yes, I think this is what Jim is inevitably going to find.I could see the whole thing becoming an accounting nightmare. I certainly understand the need to generate income.Even if I were going to join a paid subscription his price is too high for me. If I were seriously considering it I would not pay more than a magazine subscription, but that's just me talking. Gotta hand it to a person for trying.

I got Higherside Chats, Mysterious Universe, Paracast, Gralien Report, Paranormal Podcast/Campfire and Extinct?

I wish Who Forted has a podcast, their blog is dope. I'll look up that Fortean one. I found that if a podcast starts with "merry meet" it will generally suck as they'll softshoe everything and will generally be all whimsical and fantasy oriented.

A reason we don't make the show available in paid form is that listenership will never be consistent. Someone has a bill to pay, or an emergency expense, and you lose a listener.

In saying that, I have nothing against offering a premium ad-free version in addition to the free ad-filled version, but the network says no. So there you go.

MU's plus club seems cool but that's what I ran into. At a certain point it was an expendable expense, still love the free show but just couldn't swing the extra $10.

Never paid for one, though when I like a show I'll often offer design help or something along those lines for free.

Always enjoy Radio Misterioso with Greg Bishop, Don Eckers Dark Matters of course, and jump to other shows depending on the guests. Speaking of Paul Devereux, he did appear a couple of times on "Behind the Paranormal" which veers from horrible to pretty damn good, depending on the guest. The DisInfo network has some good guests; the only place I recall talking to Jon Downes, which is a shame. The man is a fount of offbeat knowledge.

Sitting Now Podcast interviews Monster-Hunter Jonathan Downes | Disinformation

Back